Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
I'm guessing that a student dies (at 1:46ish) and thats the reason for the missing man in the next scene. I hope the character provides those Goose feels. :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My best friend hit me shortly after the trailer dropped and to show how much of a mind meld we have, he asked what I was thinking: who is this for?

Now let me be clear, this shyt looks dope and I’ll be there day one. So will he lol. But it’s going for nostalgia for something a large chunk of the audience won’t have nostalgia for, much like blade runner 2049 and terminator dark date to a lesser extent. The trailers are really going for that nostalgia with the shots and the music and playing on the legacy of an almost 40 year old movie featuring a cast that, outside of a couple people, don’t really do much in terms of interest. Miles teller is fantastic and he’s got my heart eternally because of Whiplash. But he’s not that guy yet. Cruise is the main attraction here, as he should be, but audiences seemingly only want to see him on impossible missions damn near killing himself.

Again, not saying it’ll be bad by any means. Just not sure if it’ll have any legs and I’m not sure who it’s really for at this point

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
My best friend hit me shortly after the trailer dropped and to show how much of a mind meld we have, he asked what I was thinking: who is this for?

Now let me be clear, this shyt looks dope and I’ll be there day one. So will he lol. But it’s going for nostalgia for something a large chunk of the audience won’t have nostalgia for, much like blade runner 2049 and terminator dark date to a lesser extent. The trailers are really going for that nostalgia with the shots and the music and playing on the legacy of an almost 40 year old movie featuring a cast that, outside of a couple people, don’t really do much in terms of interest. Miles teller is fantastic and he’s got my heart eternally because of Whiplash. But he’s not that guy yet. Cruise is the main attraction here, as he should be, but audiences seemingly only want to see him on impossible missions damn near killing himself.

Again, not saying it’ll be bad by any means. Just not sure if it’ll have any legs and I’m not sure who it’s really for at this point
U overthink everything. I kno u had a 7.0 gpa.

Im ready, you've lost that lovin feelin. I feel the need, the need for speed :ohlawd:

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is for me

Bring back that Kenny loggins too:whew: