Official Tom Clancy's Without Remorse Thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i seen every movie on that list except Extraction

i need to watch Extraction

I'd say it's the clear winner out of the group. It doesn't have the quippy assemble cast of teammates thing going on like 6 Underground and Old Guard (to a lesser extent).. more like a Without Remorse tone with a Project Power man/kid duo element. But the acting, action, and suspense in Extraction is the best out of all of them imo.

Hemsworth, the two indian kids, and this one guy who goes toe-to-toe with Hemsworth all held it down. And the set pieces/violence >>>*

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I'd say it's the clear winner out of the group. It doesn't have the quippy assemble cast of teammates thing going on like 6 Underground and Old Guard (to a lesser extent).. more like a Without Remorse tone with a Project Power man/kid duo element. But the acting, action, and suspense in Extraction is the best out of all of them imo.

Hemsworth, the two indian kids, and this one guy who goes toe-to-toe with Hemsworth all held it down. And the set pieces/violence >>>*
Watching it now, I never want to go India

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jodie Turner was terrible.

The CIA dude was such an obvious Mark you knew he wasn’t the leak from jump.

airplane sequence was good.

the building escape scene was done better in The Professional.

I like the fact a brother got to kill CACs on screen though. That doesn’t happen often.

Yea, for the criticisms MBJ gets for the wooden acting, i found her acting to be the most off/distracting. I guess that feeling of when you can tell that someone is "acting" as opposed to coming off natural in their lines. MBJ has moments like that too but to his credit he has his moments where it's more natural/authentic. I felt Turner had far less of those moments.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I just finished it and I thought the film was extremely generic. The action sequences are cool but everything else about this felt really formulaic to the point that you could everything happening from a mile away.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Breh...you're not gonna kill a high ranking political official in view of the public and get away with it :heh:
I get that....I’m just sayin why does an African American lead in a Tom Clancy joint gotta be a felon.... no other ideas came to the table:francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Let us know what you think. I'm not advocating it's the best thing since slice bread but i'd be curious if you'd place it near/at the top of the aforementioned 5 flicks
Its at the top but 6 underground still more fun

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The movie beyond the wire I think with dude that plays Falcon was better than this. Much better action too.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
As we all know FNL is the The Coli agreed GOAT Show, therefore as MBJ was in it, no slander can be allowed against him
:lolbron:

But yeah sometimes his roles are off, liked him Fruitvale and No Mercy.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same problem Mortal Kombat had, shyt just happens. Like the storyboards for recent movies are just "this happens, then this happens, then this" with no real way to weave it together for a cohesive narrative. It's almost like a damn sideshow now.

Im seeing this in a lot of movies and shows in particular. MK, without remorse, the little things, especially that show Invincible. Cohesive storytelling is really lacking nowadays.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came in to state this, verbatim.

As far as cinema stars jump-starting action franchises on streaming services, I'd probably say
  1. Extraction (Hemsworth)
  2. Without Remorse (MBJ)
  3. Six Underground (Reynolds)
  4. Bright (Smith)
  5. Project Power (Foxx)
  6. Old Guard (Theron)
as far as my levels of regret after i finished viewing, from least to most regretable.

you just reminded me of that old guard movie too :hhh:

extraction was fire tho