Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
The fight scenes in TMNT 1 >>>>> anything in this movie.

There's a level of artistic appreciation in real ppl fighting in a movie scene, if it's done well.

Would you watch wrestling if it suddenly became all CGI characters? I certainly wouldnt...

I can appreciate the computer animation that's used in this film because I've been in the industry.......but for this story and their reality it just feels better having the trained fighters in the suits. Like someone said though, they can absolutely have the CG substituted in for parts where it's physically impossible or detrimental.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@MartyMcFly is much more level headed And respectful then me.

Me? I'm unstable :shaq:

And I personally want to take credit for having ramped up the stan wars in this section in the last week:youngsabo:

Im putting batteries in backs and enjoying the show :ahh:

Now 'fukk up disney stan
606b742e_2ns25vs.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@MartyMcFly is much more level headed And respectful then me.

Me? I'm unstable :shaq:

And I personally want to take credit for having ramped up the stan wars in this section in the last week:youngsabo:

Im putting batteries in backs and enjoying the show :ahh:

Now 'fukk up disney stan
606b742e_2ns25vs.gif
you most definitely are one of my most formidable enemies :shaq:

and with your minions @MartyMcFly @Nephilim_BC and @Ed MOTHEREFFING G we are sure to have many battles in the future:blessed:

cant wait for DCs next attempt at film, gonna be lookin like
giphy.gif

while marvel feeds us :noah:
iEVCyXKNkBuip.gif

until next time, scum

ixgBnY7iZe4jb.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I saw the movie yesterday. Loved the personalities of the turtles. They really captured their characters, on point. Wanted more martial arts fights between foot clan and turtles, though.
Shredder's evil plot was and overall storyline was silly but it's a kids movie after all:manny: So I don't know why people are complaining about lack of realism.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you most definitely are one of my most formidable enemies :shaq:

and with your minions @MartyMcFly @Nephilim_BC and @Ed MOTHEREFFING G we are sure to have many battles in the future:blessed:

cant wait for DCs next attempt at film, gonna be lookin like
giphy.gif

while marvel feeds us :noah:
iEVCyXKNkBuip.gif

until next time, scum

ixgBnY7iZe4jb.gif

Whoa you calm that down sir lol. I'm no minion. And I already said I'm not picking sides. I but DC and marvel comics every Wednesday and I like most marvel movies. But that doesn't mean I have to think they're perfect. I love iron man 3 most cats here don't :yeshrug:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I took my relatives to see this but i gotta admit it was nowhere near where it coulda been but it was way batter than i expected & we a;; liked it..

the turtles still look stupid as fukk but they put in work, April was never a G, Shredder put in that work & wasnt as much like a Transformer as i thought... its probably my low expectations & my son likin it but it was a cool movie for me...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The fight scenes in TMNT 1 >>>>> anything in this movie.

There's a level of artistic appreciation in real ppl fighting in a movie scene, if it's done well.

Would you watch wrestling if it suddenly became all CGI characters? I certainly wouldnt...

When you were a kid, did it bother you that the movie was trying to pass off guys who were obviously dressed in giant rubber costumes as real mutant turtles? Did that take you out of the movie? Were you put off by the ridiculous story about runaway teenagers joining an underground kung fu syndicate headed by a raving lunatic in a metal samurai suit? Or were you just so young and so naive, and so in love with the turtles, and so immersed in the story that none of it mattered. Dare I say if you approached the original movie with the same critical eye it appears you approached this new one with, you might not have enjoyed that one either.

I bet you the new generation of 5-6 year old kids who went with their parents to see this movie didn't feel like they were looking at CGI characters just as you didn't feel you were looking at guys in rubber costumes. To them they just felt like they were looking at the real ninja turtles.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When you were a kid, did it bother you that the movie was trying to pass off guys who were obviously dressed in giant rubber costumes as real mutant turtles? Did that take you out of the movie? Were you put off by the ridiculous story about runaway teenagers joining an underground kung fu syndicate headed by a raving lunatic in a metal samurai suit? Or were you just so young and so naive, and so in love with the turtles, and so immersed in the story that none of it mattered. Dare I say if you approached the original movie with the same critical eye it appears you approached this new one with, you might not have enjoyed that one either.

I bet you the new generation of 5-6 year old kids who went with their parents to see this movie didn't feel like they were looking at CGI characters just as you didn't feel you were looking at guys in rubber costumes. To them they just felt like they were looking at the real ninja turtles.

Holy shyt. Runaway teenagers joining an underground Kung fu syndicate :russ::deadrose:

Where they play hammer and dine on Burger King on a 24 hour loop

And you're right breh if you look at those old reviews for the movie they bring up those same silly things you pointed out

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Even when reading stuff about this movie after the box office returns, writers mentioned that it's a "critically maligned series" so yes we may love the first one and some may love the 2nd one but the turtles aren't known for being a quality series. It's for the fans. And most of the fans have been kids. The reason why adults reviewed the movies horribly is because adults aren't the target audience no matter how much we want to convince ourselves that we are.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Right if you can't go into this movie with the mind frame of a 5 year old kid then you shouldn't even bother.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Didn't like the movie but my daughter loved it and that's the only thing that matters to me. We'll be seeing the sequel day one again.

Last edited: