Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like I said..animatronics mixed with live action and cgi is the way to make shyt look the most realistic..get some real martial artist behind the suits mixed with some movie magic and shyt would've been the most realistic interpretation..I didn't say this current movie wasn't dope..they was doin wild shyt..but since u literally know it's cgi it's like watching an animated film...same reason why Jurassic Park 1 looked more realistic than Jurassic Park 3..

I dunno bruh CGI is lookin real cripsy these days. :patrice:

Combined with the 3D the shyt looks pretty seamless.

Of course you know it's CGI but then again you ALSO knew they wore rubber suits so I don't see what the difference is. As long as the effects are immersive (whether practical or digital) that's all that matters.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dunno bruh CGI is lookin real cripsy these days. :patrice:

Combined with the 3D the shyt looks pretty seamless.

Of course you know it's CGI but then again you ALSO knew they wore rubber suits so I don't see what the difference is. As long as the effects are immerse (whether practical or digital) that's all that matters.

LOL Yeah, them being puppets still doesn't blind you to the fact that walking talking turtles don't exist

Daps
Reppin
NYC
LOL Yeah, them being puppets still doesn't blind you to the fact that walking talking turtles don't exist

There's always gonna be a trade off. Yea the physical models and rubber suits look like they're tangible and in frame with the world around them but they also look like rubber fukkin suits.

The thing with CGI is that the effects are pasted onto a flat screen so they're never gonna look as "real to the touch" as the turtles of old but at the same time they're also not limited by the restrictions of rubber fukkin suits.

But with the advent of 3D there's really no room for complaining because now those same CGI effects do look real to the touch and do blend in perfectly with their surroundings. So really in terms of immersion the new turtles positively shyt on the old turtles in just about every conceivable way.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's always gonna be a trade off. Yea the physical models and rubber suits look like they're tangible and in frame with the world around them but they also look like rubber fukkin suits.

The thing with CGI is that the effects are pasted onto a flat screen so they're never gonna look as "real to the touch" as the turtles of old but at the same time they're also not limited by the restrictions of rubber fukkin suits.

But with the advent of 3D there's really no room for complaining because now those same CGI effects do look real to the touch and do blend in perfectly with their surroundings. So really in terms of immersion the new turtles positively shyt on the old turtles in just about every conceivable way.

Plus you don't have to worry about martial artists getting hurt doing off the wall stunts which apparently was a big thing on the first turtles movie. The director of TMNT said that the reason he wanted to go CGI was because there are things the turtles do that he couldn't conceive a man in a suit doing and he's right. With human beings you're constricted to what humans can do but with mo cap and GCI, your only limit is your imagination

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
^^^^^

Great point, this movie probably should of been a little longer to flesh out the origin story better. But I think they didn't want Kids in the theater that long. 1hr 50 minutes is pretty long for a kids movie. It seems most of us agree, they nailed it on the Turtles and Shredder. The Origin story change wasn't really needed but wasn't that horrible as it highlighted April's character and made her more of a focus. Spliter's CGI wasn't great but he was still cool. Megan wasn't too disastrous as April. But no Michael Bay didn't ruin my childhood with this. If anything I felt like I was in a time machine watching it.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
yeah an hour and 50 minutes and i can get on with my day, its a movie about ninja turtles it doesnt need to get all complex, if they got bonus footage ill wait for Blu Ray for the extended version

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
it was enjoyable, cant complain much about it. Splinter was ugly but his skills tho:banderas: Its pretty much a upgraded tmnt original. Time to watch TMNT 1-3:ohlawd: i dont care what yall say about 3 cuz them samurai suits was clean as fukk to me as a kid:whew:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Saw It Tonight, Went In Expecting Trash But It Was A Decent Movie

Obvious Spoilers Ahead

My Picky Gripes

I Hated Megan Fox As April O'Neil
I Hated That Splinter Had A Regular Sounding American Accent
I Hated That The Origin Story Was That They Were Once Aprils "Pets" SMH
Splinter Had No Background In Martial Arts And Taught HIMSELF And The Turtles From A Book He Found In The Sewer? LOL Come On

My Likes

I Thought They Kept The Humor True To The Turtles
I Really Like The Whole Falling Down The Hill Scene
I Liked Seeing The Turtles As Kids
I Thought All The Fight Scenes Were Dope, Was Cool To See Splinter Fight
The Turtle Van Made An Appearance

I Wished All The Turtles Look More Similar To Leo Or Raph, Michaelangelo And Donatello Are So Ugly SMH lol

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Plus you don't have to worry about martial artists getting hurt doing off the wall stunts which apparently was a big thing on the first turtles movie. The director of TMNT said that the reason he wanted to go CGI was because there are things the turtles do that he couldn't conceive a man in a suit doing and he's right. With human beings you're constricted to what humans can do but with mo cap and GCI, your only limit is your imagination

The fight scenes in TMNT 1 >>>>> anything in this movie.

There's a level of artistic appreciation in real ppl fighting in a movie scene, if it's done well.

Would you watch wrestling if it suddenly became all CGI characters? I certainly wouldnt...