Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
[QUOTE="Rapmastermind, post: 9550635, member

One of my fav parts when they paid homage to the original cartoon with them Jumping off the building with the moon in the back and landing in the sewer.

tumblr_msnm3g5ccm1s2wio8o6_400.gif
[/QUOTE]

I saw this earlier today and when I saw that scene this was what I thought of too and I nearly couldn't keep myself together in the theater. It brought back all then Saturday morning memories when I'd sit in front of the TV, when I wasn't worried about life, I'd be singing the song with them on it and I was just in my kid zone, I was so happy back then. My whole childhood came back in front of my eyes in those two seconds in just that scene, and breh's I almost broke down in that theater.:wow:

I sort of kept it together cause I had people in the row with me but I think they saw my eyes water up, but that feeling was crazy,it felt so real, it felt like I was a kid again.:to:

It was a good movie, I enjoyed it.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was pretty different from what i was expecting. I was a little annoyed by how the turtle came to be and how it differed from what i remember from the original.

But after surpressing my memories it turned out to be a pretty good movie.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What pretty girl in entertainment isn't a bytch? I mean...Beyonce Knowles is really LEGITIMATELY nice, eh? Angelina Jolie was the only out there being gully from day one.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
movie was sub par...the TMNT fan from my childhood won't let me hate it. but the pacing, acting, parts of the storyline, and cliches really brought this down. all action/hero movies have cliches, i know, but this one seemed to OD on them. megan fox just isn't a good actress, pretty as shyt, but i really don't need her in a lead role. i too had to get past how they came into being not jiving with the old school story. shredder was OP, dude needed to be nerfed lol

i don't know, 6/10, maybe 5.5...it needed better dialogue, there weren't a lot of laughs IMO, but it was cool

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See and that's the thing..of course they are able to pull off more moves with CG...but that's not real..the Ninja Turtles in the original was stronger than ur natural human but they did shyt that didn't seem too impossible..it literally looked like fighting...also..I like that this new one matched the cartoons..but that's what separates the first one vs the other ones..the first one was moreso following the feel of the comics...they ones after was following the cartoons that ironically came after the first movie...which is why they are way more light hearted..it's what made the first one the best film of the series..

nikka now don't get me wrong I like me some old skool ninja turtles too. It was great nostalgia but let's be real there's no way in hell they could pull of them bullshyt turtle costumes in 2014 cgi was the way to go. Don't be one of those stuck in the 90's dudes breh. it's ok once in awhile to be opened minded and see a different spin to it as long as the pay homage in some way and There Mutated turtles nikka they ain't suppose to be real.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikka now don't get me wrong I like me some old skool ninja turtles too. It was great nostalgia but let's be real there's no way in hell they could pull of them bullshyt turtle costumes in 2014 cgi was the way to go. Don't be one of those stuck in the 90's dudes breh. it's ok once in awhile to be opened minded and see a different spin to it as long as the pay homage in some way and There Mutated turtles nikka they ain't suppose to be real.
Like I said..animatronics mixed with live action and cgi is the way to make shyt look the most realistic..get some real martial artist behind the suits mixed with some movie magic and shyt would've been the most realistic interpretation..I didn't say this current movie wasn't dope..they was doin wild shyt..but since u literally know it's cgi it's like watching an animated film...same reason why Jurassic Park 1 looked more realistic than Jurassic Park 3..

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Movie wasnt bad considering how ppl are bad mouthing it but Megan Fox cant act. I never noticed it before its blatant in this film. I the irony of her being an educated journalist but she is still doing fluff material that involves her shaking her t*ts.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For someone that thinks the original TMNT movie is enjoyable just strictly on an ironic level, I don't see why cats would be up in arms about this movie being potentially(haven't seen it) trash.