Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: so Nickelodeon even soften this movie too? I really can't get to into the new cartoon and the comics, even though they are good, aren't as "dark" as the original series.
No they didn't. I don't know what that dude talking about. It was a basic fukking story. It was pretty the same as the first movie.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
This is why shytty movies keep getting made and making money. Why would I patronize a product just to "see for myself". If I can already see that its not going to be a good story.. why would I want to pay to sit through it. :mindblown:

All people care about is the cgi and action sequences. fukk a story. fukk a dialogue and fukk all of the plot holes. Peoples standards are low as fukk these days. If a movie has plot holes, corny dialogue and shytty acting, you can't criticize people that point it out. You pretty much know what you're gonna get seeing a movie like this before even going.
I hate nikkas like this. Its a fukking movie who cares if it gets made or it. They are did for our entertainment not like it affects your day to day activities

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Why is people bytching and still saying Sacks was Shredder but they were seperated to two different people by using editing? :mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I hate nikkas like this. Its a fukking movie who cares if it gets made or it. They are did for our entertainment not like it affects your day to day activities
Because movies are shyt 9 months out of the year. Granted this has been a more than solid summer for flicks. Best since 02 in my books

Last edited:

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Saw it last night with the fam in 3D, I loved it, my kids loved it and were laughing throughout. I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking...it was great action, comedy and I thought the turtles looked awesome.

The snow scene :wow: the shredder fights really made me feel bad for the turtles/splinter to a point, like they didn't stand a chance, he was mean and came off like a bad ass.

I thought it was great and wait to see what they do in the sequel(s)

Edit: Sequel announced for June 3rd, 2016 :blessed:

http://screencrush.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-june-2016/

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because movies are shyt 9 months out of the year. Granted this has been a more than solid summer for flicks. Best since 02 in my books

Well breh we know the real fun starts during Oscar season...at least for me. I love the summer flicks but once the calendar hits October:smugbond:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well breh we know the real fun starts during Oscar season...at least for me. I love the summer flicks but once the calendar hits October:smugbond:
Breh I didn't get a chance to hit the theater and get my turtle masks :sadbron:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just straight trash. Smh awful. I'm not gonna type it out on my droid. Fukk u bay

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just found this Judith Hoag interview on Variety about the first turtles movie:

Unlike the reptile heroes of the new film, which are brought to life by motion capture technology, the original turtles were complex puppet creations made by the Jim Henson Co. (Brian Henson, Jim’s son, was the film’s second unit director.) “All the puppeteers from Sesame Street worked on that movie,” Hoag says. The film’s director Steve Barron, who had primarily made music videos, tried to put her in a yellow jumpsuit, like the one her character wears in the comic books. It turned out to be a disaster. “They had this really horrifying white jumpsuit and dyed it yellow,” Hoag says. “It was nixed.” Her hairdo was also complicated. “I remember just hating my hair in the movie,” she says. “They gave me this really horrible perm and it never cooperated.”

The first “Turtles” spawned two other sequels — 1991’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze” and 1993’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III,” but April was recast in those films and played by Paige Turco. Hoag says she was never asked to reprise the role, because she had complained to the producers at Golden Harvest about the lengthy six-day shoots and the intense violence added to the action scenes of the New Line Cinema release. “Everybody was beating everybody up,” Hoag says. “I thought the movie suffered because of that. It was something I spoke to the producers about, I think they thought I was too demanding, and moved on.”

Hoag says she was also upset by the number of injuries she witnessed onset. “It was a really challenging shoot,” she says. “They had all these stunt people who came in from Hong Kong, who had no union protections. They were getting hurt. As soon as they were injured, they were shipped out of there. It was not the safest set to be on. That’s a little distressing. People are doing the movie, doing the best they can on the budget and I think producers lose sight sometimes there are actual human beings involved.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/n...o-played-the-original-april-oneil-1201278463/

Interesting and short read. Didn't know they had all those accidents on the set of the first. I think that may have been another factor in toning down the violence on the 2nd and 3rd

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Paige Turco is the lead actress' mother in the 100
34183.jpg

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I just got back from seeing this and it was dope.

All the hate was just coming from people who dont like Michael Bay. But it was a good adaptation imo

Shredder was :ohmy: and the action was great. Ill be checking out the sequel

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just got back from seeing this and it was dope.

All the hate was just coming from people who dont like Michael Bay. But it was a good adaptation imo

Shredder was :ohmy: and the action was great. Ill be checking out the sequel

Shredder was handing out work like it was free water