Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
nikkas really in hea hypin up dis wack shyt? :dwillhuh:

But then again, prolly da same nikkas who like dem Transformers and AVP movies too. :huhldup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Aye breh I'm not mad at you for not liking the new spider man..you like what you like just don't come at it from the standpoint of "oh it's garbage" as opposed to actually stating what your issues are. If your issue is the way spidey is interpreted then that rings false to me because that's spidey. If your issue is story, direction, composition, or writing then that's cool, we can agree to disagree or agree. I got my stance you got yours but I'm not "mad" at you for disliking it, that's childish as hell. Ultimately, I'm not going to change your mind and you won't change mind, but we have our own opinions. I'm not going to argue you down every single time you got something bad to say about the flick or something good to say about a flick I don't like. We both like spider-man 2, but I'm sure I have one or two more issues with it than you do but that still doesn't mean it's not dope. It doesn't have to be all or nothing breh. Just because I don't think it's perfect doesn't mean I'm taking infinite dumps on it. I don't like the character of spider-man or peter parker in the movie or MJ's character :yeshrug: movie is still dope tho

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Aye breh I'm not mad at you for not liking the new spider man..you like what you like just don't come at it from the standpoint of "oh it's garbage" as opposed to actually stating what your issues are. If your issue is the way spidey is interpreted then that rings false to me because that's spidey. If your issue is story, direction, composition, or writing then that's cool, we can agree to disagree or agree. I got my stance you got yours but I'm not "mad" at you for disliking it, that's childish as hell. Ultimately, I'm not going to change your mind and you won't change mind, but we have our own opinions. I'm not going to argue you down every single time you got something bad to say about the flick or something good to say about a flick I don't like. We both like spider-man 2, but I'm sure I have one or two more issues with it than you do but that still doesn't mean it's not dope. It doesn't have to be all or nothing breh. Just because I don't think it's perfect doesn't mean I'm taking infinite dumps on it. I don't like the character of spider-man or peter parker in the movie or MJ's character :yeshrug: movie is still dope tho
:salute:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cousin say it last night...he thought it was alright..I'm going to take my nephew on monday

Daps
Yooooo, I just checked out a front-page reddit thread about how TMNT did well, and GotG (their favorite) fell off......

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...inja_turtles_shreds_competition_on/?limit=500

.......them cacs are mad as fukk over there, and the Bay hate is STRONG :laff: :laff: :laff:

This is the only time I can remember cacs complaining about a non-white character being made white :mjlol: (i.e. Shredder)

Some of my favorite quotes :heh: :

Everyone should go watch Guardians again and bury this flick.

People are actually watching this garbage?

Awful movie does great because of children. This is why there were 3 Alvin's and the chipmunks movies...
Expect many crappy ninja turtles movies. Your hopes for a true comic rendition are now dead.

fukk Michael bay fans

That's too bad, considering GotG is already a classic, while TMNT is a steaming pile of dogshyt.

Everyone. Please stop encouraging Michael Bay by buying tickets to see his movies. I would rather see The Room 2, than another horrible transformers or turtles movie.

OP inserted his own prediction of $65M - article gives a range of $62-68M. We'll see when today's numbers come out and that fan boy opening night rush dies off how much real interest there is in the movie. And it's going to drop bad in the following weeks.

This is the worst news.
D:
(if it's too successful it means they're going to continue giving Michael Bay licenses to butcher.)
I normally don't advocate piracy, but if people absolutely feel the need to watch this...

jesus fukken christ, I wanted this thing to flop so bad because I want hollywood to STOP turining in shyt movies and shyt adaptions, but these people keep paying for em (the micheal bay crowd) it's just insane, so hollywood CAN keep making these shyt movies. Hello ninja turtles 2: crap sequel + transfomers 5 6 and 7

Shreds?

It's a fukking mess. It's terrible and those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_2013/

It's sitting at 19% as of this post and it deserves it.

Here's a great article talking about the shyt flick:

http://www.vice.com/read/what-the-fukk-is-going-on-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-808

They overly sexualized April. She was never someone to lust after, she was supposed to be a brave, maybe a bit foolhardy, woman who kicked ass to get the scoop.

Bah, there is so much more to rant about but there are plenty of others here who have already done so.

Boooooooo!

I want this movie to bomb so hard. I hope the second week it falls off the fukking map... Michael Bay is an a$$hole.

And based on reviews, that is likely all the money it will make.

This is sad sad news. I refuse to see this new TMNT flick, it looks like absolute garbage. The 2007 animated movie was pretty awesome and the new show is my favorite incarnation of the Turtles ever, sad Platinum Dunes got ahold of it, it's sad seeing the Nickelodeon logo in front of the trailers knowing how good the show is.

Michael bay is a fakkit.

As an 80s person, I refuse to see this steaming pile of shyt called a movie, the first one was a legit action comedy, this is over the top, cheap tricks, and generally bad

this is a load of horse shyt put up by marketing for the movie

go to metacritic

Guardians: 76/100 critics and 8.8 fans

TMNT: 33/100 critics and 5.5 fans

'nuff said

Also, guardians "plummets" 67% because it started out with one of the strongest opening weekends ever, much more than was expected.

and 65mil for an opening weekend on bockbuster summer slot is really nothing to open champagne about... when the highest ever recorded was at the 100 million mark, and guardians had an opening weekend of 94 million....well the numbers speak for themselves.

One movie literally scored a 94/100 mill and the other scored a 65/100 mill.

ALso, there's a big fat asterisk by the turtles 65 million as the article says "on track" as in "this was posted literally half way through the weekend".

In conclusion ladies and gents, this is a load of marketing horse shyt.

2437313-0822883508-m28BZ.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yooooo, I just checked out a front-page reddit thread about how TMNT did well, and GotG (their favorite) fell off......

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...inja_turtles_shreds_competition_on/?limit=500

.......them cacs are mad as fukk over there, and the Bay hate is STRONG :laff: :laff: :laff:

This is the only time I can remember cacs complaining about a non-white character being made white :mjlol: (i.e. Shredder)

Some of my favorite quotes :heh: :

2437313-0822883508-m28BZ.gif

It's not all white people breh, let's not act like they're the only ones that can be butt hurt. It's some of the same stuff going on in comment sections on sites across the net. It's disgusting man. Again, stop :cape: for movies like you're getting a check. The only way I can respect any of that is if you're on Marvel's payroll

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I mean it's just opinions. A critic is just a person who may or may not have a film degree giving their opinion so I take it just as seriously as I would any other opinion. I just don't think we should hold those opinions as gospel. Rotten tomatoes is just an aggregate of critics that's all. And a critic isn't any better or worse than you although they may be and should be better versed in film but even so you can still disagree with them. Siskel and ebert didn't always agree

Yes but the Site doesn't just add reviews from that time, they add revisionist reviews from later times so it's a inconsistent formula. At least with Siskel and Ebert you knew where they stood. RT has a ton of "Group Think" with critics giving good reviews cause they are scared to get ripped by Fanboys. I can't take it seriously. Most all the movies Black People call Classics RT loved to sh!t on. Also as you posted a lot of CERTIFIED CLASSICS they sh!tted on. "Home Alone" and "Goonies" shouldn't have lower than a 90% period.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes but the Site doesn't just add reviews from that time, they add revisionist reviews from later times so it's a inconsistent formula. At least with Siskel and Ebert you knew where they stood. RT has a ton of "Group Think" with critics giving good reviews cause they are scared to get ripped by Fanboys. I can't take it seriously. Most all the movies Black People call Classics RT loved to sh!t on. Also as you posted a lot of CERTIFIED CLASSICS they sh!tted on. "Home Alone" and "Goonies" shouldn't have lower than a 90% period.

The reviewers add reviews breh it's not up to the site