Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I absolutely loved the movie. I really liked the fact that they made all of the turtles distinct in appearance. Raphael was the muscle, Mikey had the skateboard, Don wore the geeky glasses, and Leo maintained the stern/serious look. All of the previous movies and cartoons for the most part, basically had the same turtle model/design with a different color headband. We all know that they have different personalities and they did an excellent job in displaying them in this movie.

Oh and don't act like Splinter wasn't holding his own against Shredder one on one.

I may go and see this again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I absolutely loved the movie. I really liked the fact that they made all of the turtles distinct in appearance. Raphael was the muscle, Mikey had the skateboard, Don wore the geeky glasses, and Leo maintained the stern/serious look. All of the previous movies and cartoons for the most part, basically had the same turtle model/design with a different color headband. We all know that they have different personalities and they did an excellent job in displaying them in this movie.

Oh and don't act like Splinter wasn't holding his own against Shredder one on one.

I may go and see this again.

Splinter held his own definitely but the turtles aren't ready for that. I thought for a second maybe Leo would be ready to throw down but nah

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Splinter held his own definitely but the turtles aren't ready for that. I thought for a second maybe Leo would be ready to throw down but nah
I'm happy they made it this way in the movie. I hope they continue to get their ass kicked against Shredder until the third movie. Think about it. They are novice ninja teenagers fighting a Master ninja. They can add Bebop and Rocksteady to the second one and have the turtles destroy them, but Shredder should always beat them down until their skills mature.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm happy they made it this way in the movie. I hope they continue to get their ass kicked against Shredder until the third movie. Think about it. They are novice ninja teenagers fighting a Master ninja. They can add Bebop and Rocksteady to the second one and have the turtles destroy them, but Shredder should always beat them down until their skills mature.

I'm against the bebop and Rocksteady thing but I already know it's coming so I accept it. :yeshrug:
And yeah I didn't spot him but I did spot

Shredder saying tonight he dines on turtle soup
Karai
Leo cutting the pizza and a piece of it landing on Splinter
"heroes in a half shell"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
uhhh no it didnt, the cartoon came out in the 80's http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131613/?ref_=nv_sr_6

Exactly!!!!!! :myman: how dare the 100's of millions of people in the world like a movie that the few hundred or thousand online (so called die hard fans) dont like.. We must be brain washed or dumb.. I have actually heard people say something like that in one of these threads :snoop: if thats the case Im glad i am so dumb and brainwashed and my tastes in movies are so low just like my IQ that I can enjoy a movie based of a comic book, a children's cartoon from 20+ years ago or a toy line, and not walk out the movie and waste my money or spend the rest of my day nitpicking it online so my fellow "die hard fans" can cosign me....
Yea I'm buggin for that..I knew I was wrong soon as I typed it..but either way..the first movie was modeled after the comic while the others were modeled after the cartoon...which explains the difference in the feel of the movies..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I'm buggin for that..I knew I was wrong soon as I typed it..but either way..the first movie was modeled after the comic while the others were modeled after the cartoon...which explains the difference in the feel of the movies..

They were modeled after the cartoon because parents got tight at the violence in the first. Let's not forget that too

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
They were modeled after the cartoon because parents got tight at the violence in the first. Let's not forget that too
Yup..like I said I'm not knockin it...but either way it made for a better movie in the long run...I remember when I saw it in the theater...shyt was TOO dope...I was mad excited..I must admit that Secret of the Ooze had me hype as fukk too in the theater...Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!!..lmao...Ya Kid K blessed the soundtrack wit that "Awesome" song as well..the 3rd one pissed me off..mad disappointed when I saw it..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yup..like I said I'm not knockin it...but either way it made for a better movie in the long run...I remember when I saw it in the theater...shyt was TOO dope...I was mad excited..I must admit that Secret of the Ooze had me hype as fukk too in the theater...Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!!..lmao...Ya Kid K blessed the soundtrack wit that "Awesome" song as well..the 3rd one pissed me off..mad disappointed when I saw it..

Yeah I didn't turn sour on the 2nd until college but even still it's fun to watch. I disliked the 3rd immediately. Knew it was a bad movie when I was a kid and it's still a bad movie. TMNT has better character work than all 3 though but again, people lamed out cause it's animated

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I didn't turn sour on the 2nd until college but even still it's fun to watch. I disliked the 3rd immediately. Knew it was a bad movie when I was a kid and it's still a bad movie. TMNT has better character work than all 3 though but again, people lamed out cause it's animated
Exactly..TMNT was dope as fukk..I was surprised how dope it was..I got my son into Ninja Turtles when I took him to see that...he became a Turtles fan instantly..he even made me dress him as Raph for Halloween..his fav movie is Secret of the Ooze tho..lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly..TMNT was dope as fukk..I was surprised how dope it was..I got my son into Ninja Turtles when I took him to see that...he became a Turtles fan instantly..he even made me dress him as Raph for Halloween..his fav movie is Secret of the Ooze tho..lol

TMNT is very dope...the 3rd act is where it goes kinda meh because of the direction it goes but those first two acts are very very dope and make for an overall dope movie

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
TMNT is very dope...the 3rd act is where it goes kinda meh because of the direction it goes but those first two acts are very very dope and make for an overall dope movie
Yea I feel u..but I thought it was consistently dope throughout..I will say I'm surprised people didn't like this current movie..shyt was dope to me..I think people complain WAY too fukkin much these days..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I feel u..but I thought it was consistently dope throughout..I will say I'm surprised people didn't like this current movie..shyt was dope to me..I think people complain WAY too fukkin much these days..

It's cause they don't want to like it breh. straight up. A mix of nostalgia and just being against anything that has Michael Bay's name attached to it, along with it being the internet so there has to be something to throw stones at