Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seriously, this summer has made me really against the collective internet. This is the one place that I visit on the daily and genuinely respect the opinions of everyone here, whether I agree or not. I've seen so many dudes throw stones at movies and prop other movies up before they've been released that I just can't be a part of that shyt. I consider myself a film geek first and foremost and definitely a fan of comic books and comic book characters but I'm not in the fanboy group because of this shyt. I didn't like Godzilla that much. It was cool, nothing major but leave it to the internet to tell me it's the greatest thing ever and if you disagree, watch out for the ire of everyone else going along with mob theory. And film critics/journalists are so happy at one thing succeeding and another thing failing or miffed with something (turtles) succeeds and I can't get with that shyt.

If you don't like something, cool but don't get mad at the people who do like it or don't push an agenda the way some of these sites do in order to make sure people like something or don't like it. Maybe it's my journalism degree speaking, but there's so much terrible film journalism on the internet now it's not even funny. Everyone is a damn fanboy like they're eating off of these movies. Being overly excited when something is a hit like they're getting a check and being overly excited when something fails, like they work for rival studios or like there aren't hardworking people who worked on those films who actually do get checks. I'm done with this fanboy shyt. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like and if you don't like that,
6e3dbd5d_2u3yxkg.gif

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Seriously, this summer has made me really against the collective internet. This is the one place that I visit on the daily and genuinely respect the opinions of everyone here, whether I agree or not. I've seen so many dudes throw stones at movies and prop other movies up before they've been released that I just can't be a part of that shyt. I consider myself a film geek first and foremost and definitely a fan of comic books and comic book characters but I'm not in the fanboy group because of this shyt. I didn't like Godzilla that much. It was cool, nothing major but leave it to the internet to tell me it's the greatest thing ever and if you disagree, watch out for the ire of everyone else going along with mob theory. And film critics/journalists are so happy at one thing succeeding and another thing failing or miffed with something (turtles) succeeds and I can't get with that shyt.

If you don't like something, cool but don't get mad at the people who do like it or don't push an agenda the way some of these sites do in order to make sure people like something or don't like it. Maybe it's my journalism degree speaking, but there's so much terrible film journalism on the internet now it's not even funny. Everyone is a damn fanboy like they're eating off of these movies. Being overly excited when something is a hit like they're getting a check and being overly excited when something fails, like they work for rival studios or like there aren't hardworking people who worked on those films who actually do get checks. I'm done with this fanboy shyt. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like and if you don't like that,
6e3dbd5d_2u3yxkg.gif

The saying is opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one... But good unbiased opinions on the other hand are few and far in between.. The term garbage is thrown around just cause there was one thing someone didn't like, and that one thing always cancels out all the good things the movie did right.. At this point I don't even look at reviews until after I saw the movie just to see there opinion... But the worst thing these internet dudes do is rely on fukking rotten tomatoes of all sites to use and promote their garbage ass opinions.. :snoop:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The saying is opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one... But good unbiased opinions on the other hand are few and far in between.. The term garbage is thrown around just cause there was one thing someone didn't like, and that one thing always cancels out all the good things the movie did right.. At this point I don't even look at reviews until after I saw the movie just to see there opinion... But the worst thing these internet dudes do is rely on fukking rotten tomatoes of all sites to use and promote their garbage ass opinions.. :snoop:

Yup I watch reviews when I see the movie just to act as a supplement to what I saw. And as much as dudes cite rotten tomatoes, let's look at the tomato score of some of our beloved flicks that we talk about from the 90s when most of us were kids or the 80s when another good majority of us were kids:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990: 48%
Turtles 2: 32%
Home Alone: 54%
Home Alone 2: 24%
The goonies: 67%
The sandlot: 57%
Hook: 31%
mighty ducks: 15%
D2: 21%

That's just to name a few. These are movies that were bashed by critics when we were younger but we loved them then and still love them now but now we give a damn what critics say?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yup I watch reviews when I see the movie just to act as a supplement to what I saw. And as much as dudes cite rotten tomatoes, let's look at the tomato score of some of our beloved flicks that we talk about from the 90s when most of us were kids or the 80s when another good majority of us were kids:

That's just to name a few. These are movies that were bashed by critics when we were younger but we loved them then and still love them now but now we give a damn what critics say?
To add to that list
Don't be a menace 29%
Next Friday 20%
Friday after next 25%
Ace Ventura 45%
Bad boys 43%

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it wasn't anywhere near my favorite movie but the kids in the theatre loved it . Glad it had plenty of ninja action in it . Shredder gave them turtles beats like a motherfukker . I like how they had my favorite elements namely Ralph acts so tough cause he's the most sensitive insecure of the turtles and Leo working on his leadership like TMNT animated movie . Megan fox :camby: adds nothing but a nice ass in jeans

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Honestly I give Shredder the "W" over Splinter and the Turtles but it's Hollywood so you know how the ending goes. But just form a technical and skill level, Shredder torn them boys up. Also the person that made the point each Turtle had a distintive look to match their different personalities. That was true, I caught that too:

10370413_811210855576614_1647138123717070229_n.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

This is sad and people look at me funny when I tell them I don't take Rotten Tomatoes seriously and people need to stop using like it decides what's good and what's not good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is sad and people look at me funny when I tell them I don't take Rotten Tomatoes seriously and people need to stop using like it decides what's good and what's not good.

I mean it's just opinions. A critic is just a person who may or may not have a film degree giving their opinion so I take it just as seriously as I would any other opinion. I just don't think we should hold those opinions as gospel. Rotten tomatoes is just an aggregate of critics that's all. And a critic isn't any better or worse than you although they may be and should be better versed in film but even so you can still disagree with them. Siskel and ebert didn't always agree

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just got back from it.

fukkin LOVED it.

Had a smile on for damn near the entire movie.

Perfect blend of action, humor and heart.

If you have fond memories of watching the old cartoon in your pajamas on Saturday morning and singing along to the opening theme and knowing every word... then you need to see this movie.

Haven't seen Guardians yet (I plan to) but this was the most unabashed FUN I had this summer at the movies. Great time. Felt like a kid again.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Hi!

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

One thing that I don't think think Rotten Tomatoes (or other reviewers) take into account in movies they bash, is overall charm. Except for Ooze and Lost in NY, all of those movies have charm which enhances the viewing experience.

With that said, I don't think this new Turtles is a memorable movie. It's serviceable, okay at best, but in the theater I was at, there weren't the roars from the children, and my nephew slept through the ENTIRE movie. The Turtles had the correct voices, but everything else was lacking. I think the size were entirely too big for them to really resonate as characters, and once they were deemed virtually invincible, there was no real threat. The best scene was the elevator scene.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This was decent. cant say i went in expecting much. Enjoyed myself and had nostalgia all through it.

And i know Bay didnt direct, but it certainly felt like it ( blue ish hue of the shots, frantic action scenes, shredders transformer like movement)

-DMP-

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

6e3dbd5d_2u3yxkg.gif
Real shyt bro..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I liked it wasn't anywhere near my favorite movie but the kids in the theatre loved it . Glad it had plenty of ninja action in it . Shredder gave them turtles beats like a motherfukker . I like how they had my favorite elements namely Ralph acts so tough cause he's the most sensitive insecure of the turtles and Leo working on his leadership like TMNT animated movie . Megan fox :camby: adds nothing but a nice ass in jeans
I can honestly say Megan Fox didn't bother me at all in this movie..

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it. Wasn't amazing but it was good. Raphs voice seemed forced and I think the movie could of done without Vernon

the fight scenes were legit, splinter in the beginning :leon: and then shredder came in like :heh: :deadmanny: I was like :whoa: :whew:but shredder kept droppin :deadmanny: