Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Exactly and Bay was the Executive Producer at that. It's his movie. The Director was a hired gun Bay pulled all the strings and had final say on the final cut we saw in theaters this weekend.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Have no idea what a producer does brehs
a producer has a lot of say in how a movie like this turns out. The director takes orders from the producer.

It varies from film to film. We don't how much say Bay had. From what I read he made a gaffe in changing the name from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Ninja Turtles, had say over the casting and did some origin story changes and all the routine press things.

My point was that people were talking about the film in this thread as if Michael Bay actually directed this, wrote, edited and filmed it.

Get me a pic of Michael Bay hovering over Jonathan Liebesman on set while looking through a camera and I'll believe otherwise.

Until then, Liebesman directed it. He's thoroughly capable of making shyt crash into shyt with or without Michael Bay.

OHHH but Roid Jones was sitting on that joke weren't you breh!?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Exactly and Bay was the Executive Producer at that. It's his movie. The Director was a hired gun Bay pulled all the strings and had final say on the final cut we saw in theaters this weekend.

Executive Producers usually only focus on the financial aspects of the film. And Bay was only a producer.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The OG Ninja Turtles film was WAY more realistic than this one..so I don't rock wit u on that part..

How so? why are we using realism in movies about 80's comics and cartoons? why cant nikkas just go see a movie without their ridicuolus expectations? they movie made feel the same way the show did, it had good action and comedy.. What was so real about the first one?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How so? why are we using realism in movies about 80's comics and cartoons? why cant nikkas just go see a movie without their ridicuolus expectations? they movie made feel the same way the show did, it had good action and comedy.. What was so real about the first one?
The first one had a gritty NY feel to it..the foot clan seemed more plausible..even the way they initiated and lured the teenagers into the shyt..it was about Ninja Turtles so of course that's fake..but it was real people behind the action...it was real people behind the movements..and it was real people behind the personalities of the characters...the action wasn't TOO over the top...shyt was basically on some fighting street gang shyt...and I'm not even bashing the current movie..I thought it was pretty good..I don't regret seeing it...but to say it's more realistic than the OG is a lie..there's literally nothing more realistic about it than the first one..maybe more realistic than Secret Of The Ooze..but damn sure not the first one..I do think people who bash movies like this Ninja Turtles movie yet turn around and praise shyt like Avengers are hypocrites tho..not saying this was better than The Avengers at all...but they're both mindless action and fun..

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Tony Scott made great action films with substance, what is Michael Bay's excuse?

Good counter. But Like Bay, Scott was trashed by the critics. I definitely think Bay learned from Scott. "Bad Boys, The Rock and Armegeddon" definitely had Scott's blueprint to them.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The first one had a gritty NY feel to it..the foot clan seemed more plausible..even the way they initiated and lured the teenagers into the shyt..it was about Ninja Turtles so of course that's fake..but it was real people behind the action...it was real people behind the movements..and it was real people behind the personalities of the characters...the action wasn't TOO over the top...shyt was basically on some fighting street gang shyt...and I'm not even bashing the current movie..I thought it was pretty good..I don't regret seeing it...but to say it's more realistic than the OG is a lie..there's literally nothing more realistic about it than the first one..maybe more realistic than Secret Of The Ooze..but damn sure not the first one..
Does NY still have a gritty feel to it tho? but I see what you are saying, however I still think their personalities matched the cartoons. The fact that they werent real people didnt matter to me cause the CG looked more like walking turtles as opposed to a halloween costume, and real people would not have been able to pull off some of those moves... Its possible it could have been better with real people, but it didnt take away from this one.. This movie was what it was supposed to be

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Does NY still have a gritty feel to it tho? but I see what you are saying, however I still think their personalities matched the cartoons. The fact that they werent real people didnt matter to me cause the CG looked more like walking turtles as opposed to a halloween costume, and real people would not have been able to pull off some of those moves... Its possible it could have been better with real people, but it didnt take away from this one.. This movie was what it was supposed to be
See and that's the thing..of course they are able to pull off more moves with CG...but that's not real..the Ninja Turtles in the original was stronger than ur natural human but they did shyt that didn't seem too impossible..it literally looked like fighting...also..I like that this new one matched the cartoons..but that's what separates the first one vs the other ones..the first one was moreso following the feel of the comics...they ones after was following the cartoons that ironically came after the first movie...which is why they are way more light hearted..it's what made the first one the best film of the series..

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's so amazing this franchise is 30 years old. I really am apart of the Turtles generation:

proxy.jpg

Yo I would kill playing those games on NES and SNES and Turtles Arcade game. Classic shyt:

220px-Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%281989_video_game%29.jpg

TMNT2boxNES.jpg

256px-TMTN3_CoverArt.jpg

250px-Turtles_in_Time_%28SNES_cover%29.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It's so amazing this franchise is 30 years old. I really am apart of the Turtles generation:

proxy.jpg

Yo I would kill playing those games on NES and SNES and Turtles Arcade game. Classic shyt:

220px-Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%281989_video_game%29.jpg

TMNT2boxNES.jpg

256px-TMTN3_CoverArt.jpg

250px-Turtles_in_Time_%28SNES_cover%29.jpg
That cover lol
My brother used to have an Ace Duck figure
muthafukka loved that character and I think he was only in one episode
Metal Head
Mondo Gecko
Casey Jones
I dont even think people realize how many characters that shyt had lol

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That cover lol
My brother used to have an Ace Duck figure
muthafukka loved that character and I think he was only in one episode
Metal Head
Mondo Gecko
Casey Jones
I dont even think people realize how many characters that shyt had lol

LOL, I love the Turtles side characters. I hope they are introduced in future sequels.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
LOL, I love the Turtles side characters. I hope they are introduced in future sequels.
foreal!
one of my favorite characters (I dont how you spell homies name) Usagi Yojimbo the karate rabbit lol
So many dope ass characters
remember the frog nikkas?
mafukkas was turtle heads crazy back in the day!