Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I honestly dont know how hollywood works, maybe scripts could of leaked but it doesnt change the fact of what happen, intentional bite or not

Well if it was UNintentional... then that would make it a coincidence... not biting.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
And that has to do... what... with Transformers?

I ask again. Yes or no. Do you believe the Transformers movies are trash.

No I don't. This is an 80's baby that never thought in a million years they could pull off a Transforming car like the legendary cartoon. And they didn't just do it, they've gotten better and better at. TF4 effects were spectacular. They work as blockbuster entertainment which is why they are success. Yes "Transformers 2" had a lot of problems but "Transformers 1" was a very solid blockbuster. Transformers 3 was pretty good but a little long. Transformers 4 was way to long and Marky Mark wasn't better than Shia but the Robot action and China scenes are off the chain. But it's not just about Transformers. Since "Bad Boys" in 95, Bay has become one of Hollywood's biggest and most successful directors. His style is actually become very influential.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Reminds me, I just watched this earlier

wonder if the time gap was larger if Marvel could of got sued :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No I don't. This is an 80's baby that never thought in a million years they could pull off a Transforming car like the legendary cartoon. And they didn't just do it, they've gotten better and better at. TF4 effects were spectacular. They work as blockbuster entertainment which is why they are success. Yes "Transformers 2" had a lot of problems but "Transformers 1" was a very solid blockbuster. Transformers 3 was pretty good but a little long. Transformers 4 was way to long and Marky Mark wasn't better than Shia but the Robot action and China scenes are off the chain. But it's not just about Transformers. Since "Bad Boys" in 95, Bay has become one of Hollywood's biggest and most successful directors. His style is actually become very influential.

See then there's really no point in us debating. And I don't mean to insult you by inferring that but for me personally the Transformers movies were all flaming piles of horseshyt (haven't seen T4). So obviously we just see them through different lenses, which is fine and all... but it's obviously not gonna lend itself to any real meaningful debate you feel me?

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
ofcourse a michael bay movie is gonna do major boxoffice money. Either your hating opinions ar ewrong, or Michael Bayknows what he is doing

I think people confuse what type of director Michael Bay is. He's an Action Director. That's his style. He wants to VISUALLY simulate your mind. That's his goal.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
This thread has taken a weird turn, cats praising Michael Bay like he's some cinematic Messiah when he didn't direct this trash, and comparing Turtles to Avengers?:mjlol: Get all the way the fukk outta here.:stopitslime:
I fukking hated this movie.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is why shytty movies keep getting made and making money. Why would I patronize a product just to "see for myself". If I can already see that its not going to be a good story.. why would I want to pay to sit through it. :mindblown:

All people care about is the cgi and action sequences. fukk a story. fukk a dialogue and fukk all of the plot holes. Peoples standards are low as fukk these days. If a movie has plot holes, corny dialogue and shytty acting, you can't criticize people that point it out. You pretty much know what you're gonna get seeing a movie like this before even going.
I saw the movie and there's no way u can judge the whole movie by the trailers..now..it's NOT fukkin wit the first one...but it def wasn't as bad as nikkas is sayin it was..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Look I can be about analyzing the depths of any movie artistically. But I grew up in the 80's on G.I. Joe, Transformers and Ninja Turtles. I'm sorry but the storylines and plots weren't that deep or over complicated. It was a basic "Good Guys Vs Bad Guys" plots. "Autobots Vs Decepticons", "G I Joes Vs Cobra", "Turtles Vs Shredder". Simple, basic. It was more about the characters. These movies aren't suspose to have amazing plots or acting if you watch the original show. It's more about the characters and the action. People wanted to see a car Transform. Bay did that. People wanted to see if a more realistic Ninja Turtles film can be done. He just did that. Oh and Box Office Estimates continue to go up for Turtles. They are saying Guardians estimates are going down cause Turtles is sucking up all the family audience.
The OG Ninja Turtles film was WAY more realistic than this one..so I don't rock wit u on that part..

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The OG Ninja Turtles film was WAY more realistic than this one..so I don't rock wit u on that part..

The original Turtles film is Legendary. But the suits were always going to make the Turtles Limited. The New film was just like the Cartoon in what they could actually do movement wise.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
j9lsp1.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
The original Turtles film is Legendary. But the suits were always going to make the Turtles Limited. The New film was just like the Cartoon in what they could actually do movement wise.
How does that make it more real to u?..there was actual fighters in suits mixed with animatronics..u didn't feel like there was guys in suits..problem with the overuse of CGI is it feels exactly like what u said..animated..that's what separates movies like Jurassic Park from this current bullshyt..u layer the live action with animatronics and CGI and shyt will look realer than real life..

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think people confuse what type of director Michael Bay is. He's an Action Director. That's his style. He wants to VISUALLY simulate your mind. That's his goal.

Tony Scott made great action films with substance, what is Michael Bay's excuse?