Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Daps
I swear, some of you nikkas never learned to just watch a movie for fun......

I could understand if the acting/voice acting was atrocious, or if the story was boring/beyond ridiculous (and really.....how much more ridiculous could it get from the highly-praised original? :mjlol: )

Dudes sound like they just hating to hate up in here.....probably because Bay's name is on this

I love how dudes keep bytching about how shytty his movies are, yet people still see his shyt :dead:.....Bay hittin' y'all nikkas with the
352.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to go see this w/ my 7 year old cousin....

1. I will never watch this movie again
2. Only part I found entertaining was the elevator scene. Much of Michaelangelos humor was forced and predictable.
3. The turtles are so ugly and Splinter looks even worse. I don't get the need to OD on their "mutantness"
4. This movie lacks emotion and I attribute it to not being real characters, but CGI. Megan Fox was not a good April Oneil and the entire plot of ppl not believing her was so predictable. Will Arnett's, who's naturally funny, lines fell flat.
5. I don't care about "cool" sfx visuals if the story is lacking. There was just no emotional connection to the characters.
6. Movie just seemed rushed and disjointed in parts, and stuff like the snow scene just dragged way too long. Hard to believe this super soft movie was PG-13(I guess b/c of guns) and the 1st TMNT movie in 1990 was only PG, but way more dark and violent.

Bottom line:

I can't imagine 20 years from now my 7-year old cousin will feel the same way about these turtles as I feel about the turtles I grew up with and CAN STILL WATCH and be entertained.

I went into this w/ no expectations and still lleft disappinted.
:dwillhuh: so Nickelodeon even soften this movie too? I really can't get to into the new cartoon and the comics, even though they are good, aren't as "dark" as the original series.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Movie wasn't bad. Action scenes were great and as mentioned, they got the Turtles personalities down perfectly

pacing was kind of off, there were a lot of plotholes and Shredder had no backstory whatsoever but the flick itself was entertaining.
Mikey constantly tryna get at April was hilarious.
even though Shredder didn't have much of a backstory he was intimidating as hell. when he gave Splinter and Raph that work I was :merchant:
Megan Fox wasn't that bad. she was better than she was in Transformers.
the snow mountain chase was probably the best action scene I've seen all year
Funniest scene was the Turtles randomly beatboxing in the elevator :pachaha:
the big plan was stupid as hell :skip:why would Sachs release the gas from his own tower if he wanted to emerge as the hero?
speaking of Sachs, what happened to him after he was knocked out?
If April had a picture of the Turtles on her phone, why didn't she just show it to Whoopi Goldberg before she got fired?

this wasn't a great movie by any means but it's not 17% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. a lot of people just decided they were gonna hate it before it even dropped.

not better than the original 1990 movie but its definitely better than Secret of the Ooze. before ya'll accuse me of blasphemy, take off your nostalgia glasses and go back and really watch the Secret of the Ooze objectively. It's not a good movie brehs :heh:

oh and I don't care what anybody says, the new theme song is :whew:

Songs dope but I just don't feel it's like Ya K Kid on the first and second movie.

:dj2:

[Edit] oh yeah and the 3rd movie

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Movie wasn't bad. Action scenes were great and as mentioned, they got the Turtles personalities down perfectly

pacing was kind of off, there were a lot of plotholes and Shredder had no backstory whatsoever but the flick itself was entertaining.
Mikey constantly tryna get at April was hilarious.
even though Shredder didn't have much of a backstory he was intimidating as hell. when he gave Splinter and Raph that work I was :merchant:
Megan Fox wasn't that bad. she was better than she was in Transformers.
the snow mountain chase was probably the best action scene I've seen all year
Funniest scene was the Turtles randomly beatboxing in the elevator :pachaha:
the big plan was stupid as hell :skip:why would Sachs release the gas from his own tower if he wanted to emerge as the hero?
speaking of Sachs, what happened to him after he was knocked out?
If April had a picture of the Turtles on her phone, why didn't she just show it to Whoopi Goldberg before she got fired?

this wasn't a great movie by any means but it's not 17% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. a lot of people just decided they were gonna hate it before it even dropped.

not better than the original 1990 movie but its definitely better than Secret of the Ooze. before ya'll accuse me of blasphemy, take off your nostalgia glasses and go back and really watch the Secret of the Ooze objectively. It's not a good movie brehs :heh:

oh and I don't care what anybody says, the new theme song is :whew:

The theme song needed RZA

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
cant believe people are judging this before even seeing this...yall sound like marvel stans towards fox/sony

I love TMNT, that was my childhood next to Power Rangers...I will be seeing this movie. If it's crap, oh well. Rather form my own opinion than leech off others.

This is why shytty movies keep getting made and making money. Why would I patronize a product just to "see for myself". If I can already see that its not going to be a good story.. why would I want to pay to sit through it. :mindblown:

All people care about is the cgi and action sequences. fukk a story. fukk a dialogue and fukk all of the plot holes. Peoples standards are low as fukk these days. If a movie has plot holes, corny dialogue and shytty acting, you can't criticize people that point it out. You pretty much know what you're gonna get seeing a movie like this before even going.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
This is why shytty movies keep getting made and making money. Why would I patronize a product just to "see for myself". If I can already see that its not going to be a good story.. why would I want to pay to sit through it. :mindblown:

All people care about is the cgi and action sequences. fukk a story. fukk a dialogue and fukk all of the plot holes. Peoples standards are low as fukk these days. If a movie has plot holes, corny dialogue and shytty acting, you can't criticize people that point it out. You pretty much know what you're gonna get seeing a movie like this before even going.
Like Avengers? :ohhh:

That movie had some plot holes as well, and dont act like it had some amazing story.

your tears :feedme:

how can people point things out based off a trailer?

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Like Avengers? :ohhh:

That movie had some plot holes as well, and dont act like it had some amazing story.

you tears :feedme:

how can people point things out based off a trailer?

But the Avengers don't try to make itself out to be something its not. Nolan tries to make his movies out to be "realistic" and "serious" which makes for more glaring plot holes and more scrutiny. Jack Bauer could've replaced Batman in TDK and it would've been a better movie.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
But the Avengers don't try to make itself out to be something its not. Nolan tries to make his movies out to be "realistic" and "serious" which makes for more glaring plot holes and more scrutiny. Jack Bauer could've replaced Batman in TDK and it would've been a better movie.
Why do you keep attacking DC when we're talking about Michael Bay and marvel? lol

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Everyone talking about "Acting, Plot". As people have mentioned. These Marvel movies are the same Blockbuster fluff yet they got critics giving it high scores while sh!ting on Michael Bay. The Entire ENDING OF THE AVENGERS WAS BITING FROM TRANSFORMERS. Bay is influencing blockbusters all around him. He's a special talent:

2711331-5879959_700b_v1__1_.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:camby:

It's not rocket science. People like to go to movies to have fun for once and not sit there over analyzing ever aspect of a movie that ruins the movie experience. Leave that not picking bullshyt you talking about for the Roger Eberts.

Nostalgia plays a huge factor as well

Look I can be about analyzing the depths of any movie artistically. But I grew up in the 80's on G.I. Joe, Transformers and Ninja Turtles. I'm sorry but the storylines and plots weren't that deep or over complicated. It was a basic "Good Guys Vs Bad Guys" plots. "Autobots Vs Decepticons", "G I Joes Vs Cobra", "Turtles Vs Shredder". Simple, basic. It was more about the characters. These movies aren't suspose to have amazing plots or acting if you watch the original show. It's more about the characters and the action. People wanted to see a car Transform. Bay did that. People wanted to see if a more realistic Ninja Turtles film can be done. He just did that. Oh and Box Office Estimates continue to go up for Turtles. They are saying Guardians estimates are going down cause Turtles is sucking up all the family audience.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why do people keep mentioning Michael Bay?

Y'all know he didn't direct this right? :dwillhuh:

He was only a producer.

Exactly but all the hatred for this reboot has been directed at him. Also the marketing has his name all over the place. People don't even know he didn't direct this. Most people think it's another Michael Bay movie. So Jonathan Liesbman won't get any credit. This is now being said as another hit for Micheal Bay.