Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Its actually pretty simple: the masses are hypnotized by the commercial propaganda, so they spend the money if it sucks or not; oversaturated marketing and suffocating propaganda can lead to anything really
:camby:

It's not rocket science. People like to go to movies to have fun for once and not sit there over analyzing ever aspect of a movie that ruins the movie experience. Leave that not picking bullshyt you talking about for the Roger Eberts.

Nostalgia plays a huge factor as well

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:camby:

It's not rocket science. People like to go to movies to have fun for once and not sit there over analyzing ever aspect of a movie that ruins the movie experience. Leave that not picking bullshyt you talking about for the Roger Eberts.

Nostalgia plays a huge factor as well

its not nit-picking...its capitalism; I agree that nostalgia does play a role though

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: I just can't get over them kitchen knives "claws" bruh...

As petty as it sounds, one of the main things pulling me away from the movie is the designs. I like the different body builds with the turtles, but everything else :scusthov:

And that origin story :huhldup: And does Shredder have any samurai background in the film at all?:heh:

I'm not 100% against this movie. I just don't plan on seeing it anytime soon...
Yes nikka. Shredder is not William Fletcher

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this movie ok for a 5 yr old boy to watch...my nephew wants me to take him to see it

AntLive1981

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia,Pa
Bottom line, the movie was very dope and this is coming from an original 80's turtle fan! I didn't mind the slight changes in origin at all because they basically kept the spirit of what Ninja Turtles is all about. I thought the CGI turtles were well done although a little shaky in a few spots. I initially didn't like that look of the turtles when I first saw pictures but I think it suits them well for this movie. All the crazy stunts and shyt they pulled in this movie they HAD to be built like that! As someone said previously the action shyts all over all the other turtle movies. After this I don't see little kids even wanting to touch those movies, even though Turtles 1 will ALWAYS be my all time favorite! But this movie was a good start, they gave you just enough and not too much and I'm looking forward to the sequels!

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Bottom line, the movie was very dope and this is coming from an original 80's turtle fan! I didn't mind the slight changes in origin at all because they basically kept the spirit of what Ninja Turtles is all about. I thought the CGI turtles were well done although a little shaky in a few spots. I initially didn't like that look of the turtles when I first saw pictures but I think it suits them well for this movie. All the crazy stunts and shyt they pulled in this movie they HAD to be built like that! As someone said previously the action shyts all over all the other turtle movies. After this I don't see little kids even wanting to touch those movies, even though Turtles 1 will ALWAYS be my all time favorite! But this movie was a good start, they gave you just enough and not too much and I'm looking forward to the sequels!

:salute:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yes nikka. Shredder is not William Fletcher

Exactly because the fanboys were hating. I bought the lies that Shredder was a white Business man. Michael Bay was not that stupid. Also as for the Turtles being "Aliens" technically the ooze that mutated them was from an Alien source therefor they are reptilians with alien mutation. Again everyone wanted Michael Bay and the movie to fail. Even the with "Guardians" blowing up everyone was trying to say there's no way Turtles will win this weekend. Turtles estimates keep going up, now they are talking 56-60 Million OW for Turtles. The fans are coming out.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw it and thought it was cute. :smile: I think Michael Bay did a decent job on appealing to not only children but also adults.

Saw it in 3d :snoop: waste of money.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Haven't seen it yet but that sounds promising. They can learn a lot from the shytty sequel and third original TMNT and stick to elements of the comic book/cartoons that fans like myself would gush over. There's such a diverse universe of characters..Krang and the army from Dimension X, Bebop & Rocksteady, The Rat King, Leather Face, Yusagi, Mondo Gecko, Slash, Baxter Stockman, Metalhead :ohlawd:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well with that Opening Weekend. Sequel is locked. I think they introduce Casey Jones for sure in part II:

Casey_Jones.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's okay!! It wasn't anything special but not as bad as I thought; the Turtles had the right personalities but April, Shredder and the Foot were ehhhhh.

Honestly, it could've been an animated movie.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

It would be something if they failed to outdo action scenes featuring four guys in heavy, sweaty rubber suits. Those motherfukkers couldn't even hold a mug up right @ 1:20. :dead:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I went to go see this w/ my 7 year old cousin....

1. I will never watch this movie again
2. Only part I found entertaining was the elevator scene. Much of Michaelangelos humor was forced and predictable.
3. The turtles are so ugly and Splinter looks even worse. I don't get the need to OD on their "mutantness"
4. This movie lacks emotion and I attribute it to not being real characters, but CGI. Megan Fox was not a good April Oneil and the entire plot of ppl not believing her was so predictable. Will Arnett's, who's naturally funny, lines fell flat.
5. I don't care about "cool" sfx visuals if the story is lacking. There was just no emotional connection to the characters.
6. Movie just seemed rushed and disjointed in parts, and stuff like the snow scene just dragged way too long. Hard to believe this super soft movie was PG-13(I guess b/c of guns) and the 1st TMNT movie in 1990 was only PG, but way more dark and violent.
7. I didn't even hear any kids( some of who were dressed up in TMNT apparel) cheering or clapping when the turtles won, nor did I hear/see any kids after the movie telling their parents they liked it or that it was awesome.

Bottom line:

I can't imagine 20 years from now my 7-year old cousin will feel the same way about these turtles as I feel about the turtles I grew up with and CAN STILL WATCH and be entertained.

I went into this w/ no expectations and still lleft disappinted.

Last edited: