Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
At the time, in general, were more NYers on Tax's side or Troy's side if the dispute? Where do most people think about both now?

Neither were ever really that big outside NY so for those of us not from NY, we only know these dudes thru the information made public. I would say most non-NYers didn't have a lean towards either one, but people who did like Troy generally dropped support with the snitching allegations. Again this is a non-NYer perspective to my recollection, as neither are really on non-NYers radars nowadays and even then weren't big ticket names like that...

Oh, Tax BY FAR. lol. Then and now. Troy kinda stopped getting support immediately after the shooting, especially from the media and a lot of fans turned on him, especially with the image of him shooting recklessly in the club. Plus the quality of his music took a major downturn. The few people that seemed to fukk with him prior to the incident, I always felt was because of Hovain. They always seemed like Jay and Dame but in reverse. Troy came off as the person with the extra strong personality that was hard to get along with (like Dame), and Hovain was the diplomatic one that kept all the industry relationships (like Jay) which allowed Troy to thrive somewhat independently. Once Hov was gone, it seemed like people distanced themselves from Troy.

Streets fukk with Tax heavy here. Rappers as well. He had a rep in the streets long before he blew up on social media. Some of the media outlets didn't like him for the same reasons as Troy, their personalities are way different, but they're both very outspoken and it can rub people the wrong way.

I've heard conflicting stories on Troy's rep in the streets, he used to be in my hood in Flatbush and used to run with 8ball who was a wild nikka. I know he was a Crip. So I know he wasn't in the house, but as far as his drug shyt, I have no clue.

Last edited:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder where the Troy Ave/Pistol Pete relationship comes from. I see Pistol Pete with Troy as much as he be with Fat Joe now.

kar dudes. Lots of them from Brooklyn. So and so know so and so… They keeping Troy protected because of knowing so and so. Pistol is hands on with that kar shyt so he touches base with those. Similar to seeing pistol all in the khaled video with kiss. Pistol don’t fukk with khaled like that. word is, they even protect 69.

JBQH

Pro
Daps
I usually rock with 5 Mics because he’s funny but that Instagram post has more emoji’s than my young chick would use. I couldn’t even finish it.

I remember at one point Troy was doing a podcast. Im going to have to look and see if he stopped.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
kar dudes. Lots of them from Brooklyn. So and so know so and so… They keeping Troy protected because of knowing so and so. Pistol is hands on with that kar shyt so he touches base with those. Similar to seeing pistol all in the khaled video with kiss. Pistol don’t fukk with khaled like that. word is, they even protect 69.
I saw him reference they tried to get him to hold down 69 but he refused because of principals but I could see him putting his homies on it and taking a cut. But his rep won't allow him to be around 69.

He gonna be in Uncle Murda's Rap Up video too with that CJ nikka. He been holding him down too

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Kill all rats protecting a rat?

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kill all rats protecting a rat?

crazy ain’t it? Lots of people throw that crew involved as part of it. They all feel if they was ok getting money with him knowing he ain’t a street kid then all fair in the money game… they not involved in no street shyt, paid security…. Legal… That’s all it is.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I almost turned it off when he was saying how he doesn't feel the need to try and stunt on people. Every other word out his mouth is a lowkey brag.

he’s trying to teach and inspire!

I just took down my shower curtains after watching the last clip

my bathroom floor is wet but I’m ballin now tho :wow: