Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone is allowed to say whatever they want, you can't physically attack them because you don't like what they say online. Troy didn't respond with the same energy, that would be dissing him online or in songs (like he did). Once you physically approach someone with multiple dudes, that is a threat.

And if you do, and the tables turn and don't go your way, you can't cry about it. You put yourself in that situation.

Maino said this same thing in one of his old interviews about this topic. Something like "if you lead your men into war and you have a casualty, it's on you." He left it vague so I'm admittedly interpreting. But judging from his past comments and Troy energy in this interview when Maino was mentioned, I get the impression Maino don't fukk with Troy at all.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Someone is allowed to say whatever they want, you can't physically attack them because you don't like what they say online. Troy didn't respond with the same energy, that would be dissing him online or in songs (like he did). Once you physically approach someone with multiple dudes, that is a threat.

And if you do, and the tables turn and don't go your way, you can't cry about it. You put yourself in that situation.
but you know how it goes.. Tax was relentlessly shytting on Troy for months/years, that was always an on-sight situation and Troy would be deemed p*ssy if he didn't step to tax when they were in the same vicinity. We've seen plenty of public altercations before and this shouldn't have been anything more than that but the person who drew the gun escalated the situation.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
but you know how it goes.. Tax was relentlessly shytting on Troy for months/years, that was always an on-sight situation and Troy would be deemed p*ssy if he didn't step to tax when they were in the same vicinity. We've seen plenty of public altercations before and this shouldn't have been anything more than that but the person who drew the gun escalated the situation.
That's his problem though. He was 34. If you let some internet trolls trick you into a situation where you turn online words into physical confrontation, then you gotta deal with the consequences. Now he's facing 20 years and his friend died, over what? Rappers gotta stop thinking with their pride and leading their entourages into danger.

Just because other rappers/entertainers are liars about what they would do in a situation doesn't mean everyone is. Tax said plenty of times, I even tried to tell y'all who Tax was in BK but nikkas ain't wanna listen.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

You would be 100% right if this situation wasn't between a nikka calling himself "Dope Boy" Troy and another nikka who started his own blood set. :pachaha:

You know damn well two street nikkas from Brooklyn following street rules is not going by that logic. If you talking shyt don't be surprised if someone is going to press you about it. When has that ever not been law?

My argument has nothing to do with Troy being the aggressor. He actually did diss Tax in a song if you wanna be factual. But again these are street nikkas, that "say whatever you want" and not expect to get checked is not gonna fly. My issue is with Tax acting like his actions (being a hater and bringing a gun to irving plaza) didnt put him int this silly position in the first place. He felt threatened and backed out, i'm not faulting him for that. Take responsibility for what you did to get to that point.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You would be 100% right if this situation wasn't between a nikka calling himself "Dope Boy" Troy and another nikka who started his own blood set. :pachaha:

You know damn well two street nikkas from Brooklyn following street rules is not going by that logic. If you talking shyt don't be surprised if someone is going to press you about it. When has that ever not been law?

My argument has nothing to do with Troy being the aggressor. He actually did diss Tax in a song if you wanna be factual. But again these are street nikkas, that "say whatever you want" and not expect to get checked is not gonna fly. My issue is with Tax acting like his actions (being a hater and bringing a gun to irving plaza) didnt put him int this silly position in the first place. He felt threatened and backed out, i'm not faulting him for that. Take responsibility for what you did to get to that point.
I literally said he dissed Tax in a song in my post bro lol.

Edit: I see how my post can be confusing. When I said "like he did" in parenthesis I was referring to his responding to Tax online and on record. And when I said "He didn't respond with the same energy" I was referring to the night at Irving Plaza.

I didn't say you can whatever you want and not expect to get checked. I said if someone says something you don't like and you chose to have a physical confrontation, you have to deal with the consequences of that. Same way the other person has to deal with the consequences of what they say. It goes both ways. Tax and Troy have a long history, there's so many different layers, it didn't start with Tax randomly beefing with him. They had personal issues.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We go through our own perception of this situation. Only thing we know is tax stood on his toes and so did Troy.

‘’as far as how it escalated into shots being rang, we dont know any facts. Only assumptions. We don’t know if tax stood by the entry way gripped up starting trouble or what led banga to do something. Only assumptions and different versions. TRoy know what came with it and he has accepted what comes with the territory same as tax. Both were dumb to the normal eye but they are who they are.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

These guys gotta stop calling Troy a snitch when he does this and instead call him a liar, say he’s lying. That would help Tax more…saying he’s snitching is implying that he’s telling the truth and Tax really did what he’s saying…that don’t help Tax at all.

Imo, he’s lying trying to make Tax look like the aggressor that night when obviously he was the aggressor and took it there with his man on Tax…shyt got physical and Tax defended himself. Troy will never admit that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's been years since I followed the Troy/Tax shyt, can you re-fill me in on the origins of the beef and what supposedly happened at Irving Plaza?
So they had an off and on relationship starting, they weren't always enemies but they had multiple falling outs. Last fall out, I have an educated idea, but I prefer to not put it on here

Irving Plaza that night was TI show, and Tax was backstage, Banga pointed out to Troy that Tax was there, and him Troy and I believe a couple others approached Tax about things he said online. Troy basically told Tax to stop talking shyt, Tax said he wasn't going to, so it got physical, and Banga got killed. That's how the story is relayed from people who there that have done interviews on it.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
So they had an off and on relationship starting, they weren't always enemies but they had multiple falling outs. Last fall out, I have an educated idea, but I prefer to not put it on here

Irving Plaza that night was TI show, and Tax was backstage, Banga pointed out to Troy that Tax was there, and him Troy and I believe a couple others approached Tax about things he said online. Troy basically told Tax to stop talking shyt, Tax said he wasn't going to, so it got physical, and Banga got killed. That's how the story is relayed from people who there that have done interviews on it.

At the time, in general, were more NYers on Tax's side or Troy's side if the dispute? Where do most people think about both now?

Neither were ever really that big outside NY so for those of us not from NY, we only know these dudes thru the information made public. I would say most non-NYers didn't have a lean towards either one, but people who did like Troy generally dropped support with the snitching allegations. Again this is a non-NYer perspective to my recollection, as neither are really on non-NYers radars nowadays and even then weren't big ticket names like that...