Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I've heard mixed accounts on these Lox dudes throughout the years; the people I'd trust their word the most said none of them were heavy hitters or generational names, but they were around, meaning they got their hands dirty to some extent. Generally speaking, there isn't mixed reviews of dudes who are gangsters straight up and down. At the same time, there are guys who are really outside where people know different versions of you...

In my experience though when dudes are unquestionable killers or making big money, there is no waffling on the reputation. Think King Von or Soulja Slim, there's never been a question those dudes were live by the gun types; same thing with Jeezy and Hov, the people who knew them outside knew them for having that sack...

From what NYers on here know, how deep was Ghost and his band mates in the field and what is their general street rep?
They weren’t heavy in the streets. Styles was the most “in the streets” as he did some skid bids as a teen, but they were mostly around the heavy street guys like Dee and Waah. They’re more like the dudes from the neighborhood that was around it and have some experience from being closely connected to people heavy in it but themselves they weren’t making noise in the streets. When they got on, they moved around a little bit more. Kiss had a weed spot in YO in the mid 2000s.

Waah talked about it on Maino’s podcast. Waah kinda was saying they had to come to him to ask questions on how much a brick cost or what certain guns do.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
They weren’t heavy in the streets. Styles was the most “in the streets” as he did some skid bids as a teen, but they were mostly around the heavy street guys like Dee and Waah. They’re more like the dudes from the neighborhood that was around it and have some experience from being closely connected to people heavy in it but themselves they weren’t making noise in the streets. When they got on, they moved around a little bit more. Kiss had a weed spot in YO in the mid 2000s.

Waah talked about it on Maino’s podcast. Waah kinda was saying they had to come to him to ask questions on how much a brick cost or what certain guns do.

You know it's a lot of yall Borough dudes moving around Upstate and this was the summation I got from the ones I trusted their word the most, when I lived there...

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

I wish more rappers would embrace that trajectory..everybody in the hood doesn’t participate in the extra shyt, most of us grew up around it because of proximity, family, patnas etc..As an adult the idea of a nikka being a full time recording artist/trapper of the year is laughable but these fans eat it up

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ

And that's how it usually goes. In the streets, there's only a select few that's really putting it down getting to the money. And there's even a lesser few that's bringing the pain (shooting/murder game). The rest, as you said, are just hanging around the action but they themselves are not action pack.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This dude Bobby is super, super, super corny. He's not even funny, he trying hard to be bit he really isn't, it isn't natural. There isn't even enough words to describe just how corny this nikka is...

And I've always said he was corny, this goes back years. But watching him on Hoffa just reinforces it, what a weird ass clown ass nikka...