Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So basically we should be looking for Esso to get his own podcast next?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
What does it take to be a good podcaster/streamer (alone) in y’all opinion?
Only person I've seen do it well is Star. I know he takes callers so technically it's not "alone" but I lowkey skip the callers and just listen to the parts where he's speaking on topics. He keeps me fully engaged for the most part.

I think a combination of having a large knowledge base, with a strong personality and a unique perspective on things.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
There is no formula for that, you either have it or you don't but you have to be captivating, have a good voice and be very knowledgeable or funny.

You have to imagine people are there even when no one is there on a phone line or etc but most people who do shows alone take calls as well. You got Star, Colin Cowheard and a few other guys who do it but you have to be interesting and be able to present things well.

So basically we should be looking for Esso to get his own podcast next?

He got two. One with Clue called Ear Pollution and the other with Hynaken called Bag Fuel.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
There is no formula for that, you either have it or you don't but you have to be captivating, have a good voice and be very knowledgeable or funny.

You have to imagine people are there even when no one is there on a phone line or etc but most people who do shows alone take calls as well. You got Star, Colin Cowheard and a few other guys who do it but you have to be interesting and be able to present things well.

He got two. One with Clue called Ear Pollution and the other with Hynaken called Bag Fuel.

Can’t front I’m not interested in a esso podcast.

Star is good solo
Hotep Jesus is good solo

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Can’t front I’m not interested in a esso podcast.

Star is good solo
Hotep Jesus is good solo
I'll check it out and see how it is.

Never heard of Hotep Jesus lol but imo comedian Kraig Smith has potential for that.

Hassan Campbell seems to have fans and he does it for his shows. Shampoo, Howard Stern, Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz and Star come to mind off the top of my head. It's not an easy thing to do though and even some of these people have one side kick or take phone calls. Charlemagne tried it via segments in a Comedy Central show and it was boring as fukk.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I'll check it out and see how it is.

Never heard of Hotep Jesus lol but imo comedian Kraig Smith has potential for that.

Hassan Campbell seems to have fans and he does it for his shows. Shampoo, Howard Stern, Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz and Star come to mind off the top of my head. It's not an easy thing to do though and even some of these people have one side kick or take phone calls. Charlemagne tried it via segments in a Comedy Central show and it was boring as fukk.

Yea I tried to do my podcast alone and it’s not easy at all. It’s much easier have someone to shoot the shyt with

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

These nikkas doing the Bad Business Podcast :laff: :laff:

Funny they teamed up for this. I know Flip always felt a way about Math working with Spaceghost after he left Flip's team and Math also took Jenna from him. Jenna used to be flips assistant and seemed to be his side chick then Math came in and wifed her after meeting her at Flip's studio.

Jenna stopped hanging with Flip once she got with Math. It's funny how recent events brought them two together but maybe Flip has accepted it.

Yea I tried to do my podcast alone and it’s not easy at all. It’s much easier have someone to shoot the shyt with
That's a fact! It's easier to have a team or others to shoot ideas off of. Even talking without repeating yourself is hard for some people which can make solo shows difficult.

AMS in fact is another who does shows alone.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Ak dont need to interview. That is is power. THat is a real podcaster/streamer. These other cats are interview addicted. You just have to have the personality beyond interviews. Gotta be built for it.