Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
There's mad people with a platform that get big guests, and outside of Drink champs and MDWG, none of them have the traction Math does. Most aren't even remotely close. Let's not downplay what he's doing.

Of all the more popular clips I’ve seen of the podcast..I rarely even see math say anything in them ..he’s kind of just there…I’m just saying as a personality/A mic, he really isn’t doing much

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could care less about hynakens role really. But losing esso and just having Mecca is a no for me.

I basically agree. Unfortunately, Hynaken and Esso appear to be a packaged deal. Nyggas on this forum, and probably most viewers hate Esso, which means he's doing his job. Most nyggas that watch these shows are either not business minded, or they don't care the music industry is a business. Esso is a constant reminder that nyggas need to monetize off their craft.

Someone like a Steve Stoute's purpose as Nas manager was to challenge and guide Nas into making more accessible music. The hardcore hiphop fans who are attracted to this show, hate guys like that lol. However, they're very necessary and provide great insight.

Math is a failed artist. There's a lot of topics he simply can't contribute on.

Math won't have trouble getting guest.

He probably won't at this point. The thing about MEO, is that the guest don't really make the show IMO. The show never really needed guests. In fact, it should have never been a guest driven show. Math should have had way more quality control on the guest he allowed on his platform. Nygga seemed a little too excited that people want to come on the show.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Of all the more popular clips I’ve seen of the podcast..I rarely even see math say anything in them ..he’s kind of just there…I’m just saying as a personality/A mic, he really isn’t doing much
That's why I like him. He knows how to ask questions and get out the way and let the guest cook. If they are bullshytting or dodging a question he's one of the best out at calling them out on it. Too many of the other shows when doing interviews do too much trying to make themselves the star. On MEO, Math is letting the guest be the star which is a talent in itself.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Math was never really the selling point for me. With JBP, Joe is a force of personality that attracts viewers regardless of his co-hosts. Math isn't the same. He's going to have to get some replacements that can replicate the original dynamic. Esso is a major loss, imo.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
That's why I like him. He knows how to ask questions and get out the way and let the guest cook. If they are bullshytting or dodging a question he's one of the best out at calling them out on it. Too many of the other shows when doing interviews do too much trying to make themselves the star. On MEO, Math is letting the guest be the star which is a talent in itself.

That's one thing I can say about Math. He is a damn good interviewer. But the cipher was complete with Hynaken and Esso. Even Ms. Fit from before was good too.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Joe Bidfens and Math just shows you dudes that talk that loyalty and respect shyt the loudest are the biggest snakes.
Facts. It's like I said before. nikkas turn into the same record labels that bytch against when they get the chance. The first thing record labels and even corporations tell its employees to get them to buy in to getting fukked over is that we're all a family.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Math is a decent interviewer but not a great personality like someone such as Joe or even Star where you can watch them alone. He needs guests and others around him.
That's fair. I think he definitely needs a cast, but honestly, he's had multiple different casts and they all seem to work. Math is very good at what he does. I think because I've been a long time watcher of the podcast (since episode 1 when it was all battle rap), I don't see Esso and Hyanken as irreplaceable because I remember when they wasn't around, and the podcast was incredible without them.

I think Esso and Hyanken's best attributes were they brought liveliness, especially Esso.