Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math doesn't need them, but he also doesn't need to be selfish & grimy either.

Hynaken has kinda been around, he's not fresh talent that is in high demand elsewhere. I disliked him on every platform prior to this one.

Esso & Math have no prior relationship. You can see how disgusted Math would be in their idealism vs realism music industry debates so I guess he has to go too.

Math not looking out for Sp8 is puzzling even though he wouldn't need him.

If Math pays Bigga to do security it is unlikely he would pay him twice. I think he was the one not getting paid.

This is where we differ. Me and you have a very different point of view of Math based on the way you have view him on TBZ.

I think MEO is the best show out there. However, Math is NOT a Joe Budden/Gille/Wallo/etc type of personality. He's not a dynamic personality at all. Trying to watch a Math interview or just listening to him speak in general is like a chore to me. He had recent interviews on Vlad or No jumper and had to turn that shyt off immediately. His "read between the lines" blogs that he would do were AWFUL.

You're from NY, so he may be an engaging speaker to YOU. To me, he's boring as shyt as a solo act. Therefore, he needs to have the right stable of on air talent to feed off. If he wants to keep attracting on air talent from the south to come to this show, he needs to keep the dynamic.

I'm telling you as a nygga from the south, there is nothing appealing about Math as a rapper or speaker. Having said that, I'm sure he'll probably figure it out. He hustles, has the right work ethic, and has the ability to obtain the right resouces to make his vision successful. There's way more dynamic personalities in battle rap that can't pull off what Math is doing, because they don't have these qualities that Math has.

Math can just add 2-3 random guys to the barber seats, as long as the guest is dope, wouldn’t matter to me… Math is the star here

Not true...Math is not the dynamic personality you're presenting him to be. He needs on air talent, not just random nyggas.

A lot of guys seem to be overlooking that some of the best MEO shows are without guests. No way he can pull that off just inserting random nyggas off the street.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
You couldn’t have said it any better. But I’m glad he exposed himself. I remember this nikka used to give away tv and shyt to people and show it. Meanwhile we didn’t know space was starving in the background. fukk queensflip. That’s a dirty ass nikka if you ask me. I own my own business and all the bills get paid. Whatever is left is my profit. People have to get taken care of of before me. It’s not their responsibility if you can’t make profits. Captain goes down with the ship
Yep, got to pay the cost to be the boss. Can't want all the shine and recognition as a boss but not be willing to take care of the bill. That's the responsibility that comes with being the head of a company.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This is where we differ. Me and you have a very different point of view of Math based on the way you have view him on TBZ.

I think MEO is the best show out there. However, Math is NOT a Joe Budden/Gille/Wallo/etc type of personality. He's not a dynamic personality at all. Trying to watch a Math interview or just listening to him speak in general is like a chore to me. He had recent interviews on Vlad or No jumper and had to turn that shyt off immediately. His "read between the lines" blogs that he would do were AWFUL.

Not true...Math is not the dynamic personality you're presenting him to be. He needs on air talent, not just random nyggas.

cosign

His show/interviews prior to esso/hynaken joining the show were boring as sh1t because he lacks personality.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I disagree. His shows were good when MEO just started and he was just talking battle rap. To me anyway.
the show wasn't going anywhere being just battle rap to begin with :yeshrug:

as the show currently is, Math get's the best response when he's talking about how he worked on his temper and pill addiction, and when he's talking from the perspect of a rapper on the outside who wants to get in. I was just rewatching that old vid of him and Swave breaking down the Drugz/Moon fight for laughs, it works for us battle fans who give af but yea no one serious woulda invested in that content, ridiculously low ceiling

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cosign

His show/interviews prior to esso/hynaken joining the show were boring as sh1t because he lacks personality.

I wouldn't go that extreme but I get it. Knowledge was terrible and not an on air personality.

Misfit is cool, but only from a battle rap perspective. He really needed to change things up to truly grow the platform.

I think Math is a solid and steady, on air presence who needs to surround himself with the right people. It's as simple as that. Y'all nyggas trying to say he's a star or all this shyt that can just bring anybody in must not be familiar with Math.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. His shows were good when MEO just started and he was just talking battle rap. To me anyway.
Well yea, it was a room full of battle rappers.

I like Math but I don’t think he’s a good lead interviewer. He just asks general questions (what’s your top 5, who influenced you, etc). The only other question he asks every other episode is if someone is in the Illuminati or some shyt

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Was it Esso drunk spazzing on Griselda and Hynaken blowing up Remy Ma having ghostwriters that did it?

Regardless, the show was better with them.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Well yea, it was a room full of battle rappers.

I like Math but I don’t think he’s a good lead interviewer. He just asks general questions (what’s your top 5, who influenced you, etc). The only other question he asks every other episode is if someone is in the Illuminati or some shyt

Actually I got it mixed up I was talking about read between the lines. For what it was, battle rap content, it was pretty good.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
the show wasn't going anywhere being just battle rap to begin with :yeshrug:

as the show currently is, Math get's the best response when he's talking about how he worked on his temper and pill addiction, and when he's talking from the perspect of a rapper on the outside who wants to get in. I was just rewatching that old vid of him and Swave breaking down the Drugz/Moon fight for laughs, it works for us battle fans who give af but yea no one serious woulda invested in that content, ridiculously low ceiling

Yea I feel that. But look what happens when you jump into that mix of the industry. It’s always some fukkery