Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

Daps
Wow, sad to see it come to this. Even if you didn't like an individual host for whatever reason, I think the combination of their contrasting personalities added that authentic barbershop feel, and the chemistry was there and still developing even further.

The podcast was growing rapidly. To me they were on the cusp of blowing up to another level entirely with the right guest/ viral moment. SMH

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Young Guru gotta be sick watching this shyt blow up almost immediately after his interview. Everything he said was right. Great hosts, great setting, nice chemistry...shyt was poised for major things. I'll keep watching but the clips of these upcoming interviews haven't been good. Mecca sounding weird as fukk and entitled, telling artists (Joell and Crooked) how they should think/act. Math asking meh questions. D Rose interview dry as fukk....

dude was cool in the other interviews imo but yeah that was frustrating to watch…he crossed the line between confidence and arrogance during that segment…I could understand if he was trying to embody how slaughterhouse fans felt in general but it came across way more personal and selfish than that

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
dude was cool in the other interviews imo but yeah that was frustrating to watch…he crossed the line between confidence and arrogance during that segment…I could understand if he was trying to embody how slaughterhouse fans felt in general but it came across way more personal and selfish than that
He kinda help put Slaughterhouse together, and was their tour manager or whatever, so because he's so closely connected to it, he felt he had more authority and say so I think

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Young Guru gotta be sick watching this shyt blow up almost immediately after his interview. Everything he said was right. Great hosts, great setting, nice chemistry...shyt was poised for major things. I'll keep watching but the clips of these upcoming interviews haven't been good. Mecca sounding weird as fukk and entitled, telling artists (Joell and Crooked) how they should think/act. Math asking meh questions. D Rose interview dry as fukk....
According to Math on Joe Budden's podcast today, he had to fight to try to keep them because the talks with Revolt, they just wanted Math. Math said they broke their contract by doing their own podcast too.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He kinda help put Slaughterhouse together, and was their tour manager or whatever, so because he's so closely connected to it, he felt he had more authority and say so I think

I saw the interview so I understand that…still don’t agree with how he came off tho…no one understands that better than crook and joel and even they questioned where he was coming from bcuz ultimately it’s about them and how they felt

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
That's True.:ohhh: I thought Shampoo fell off after Queenzflip did him dirty.Iwassurprised to see he got a podcast now.

Shampoo, Hassan Campbell.Who else?

By the way, Shammy in the Streets>>
Dana fukking with Judge Joe Brown :mjlol:

#9 has a lane but probably too much of a delinquent
whats that skinny face dude that used to be on Queenzflip with Shampoo? another one that could have done something but probably just wants to smoke and drink

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps

whats that skinny face dude that used to be on Queenzflip with Shampoo? another one that could have done something but probably just wants to smoke and drink
Who that? Lansky.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
As far as Mecca goes y'all got the right to talk opinions but I like him in the show. He is someone who worked with the source and has a genuine love and knowledge about hip hop and its history especially in queens. He is someone who can talk about the history of hip hop and the industry as well. You could tell he really loves the culture still after all these years.

Does he rub guests the wrong way sometimes and challenge them? Yes but you need that on a show lol. It's just about how he goes about it and when. His self righteousness comes from him being disciplined in mma and a disinclined dude.

Lansky lol. Lansky was a punching bag for them to get jokes off on. He had no chance imo.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
As far as slaughterhouse as freshaig said, it's personal for him. He helped nudge that group together so he was emotionally invested and wanted them to succeed. Mecca hates that they broke up and I'm sure he hates that MEO broke up too. He is just very passionate about the group lol.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As far as Mecca goes y'all got the right to talk opinions but I like him in the show. He is someone who worked with the source and has a genuine love and knowledge about hip hop and its history especially in queens. He is someone who can talk about the history of hip hop and the industry as well. You could tell he really loves the culture still after all these years.

Does he rub guests the wrong way sometimes and challenge them? Yes but you need that on a show lol. It's just about how he goes about it and when. His self righteousness comes from him being disciplined in mma and a disinclined dude.

Lansky lol. Lansky was a punching bag for them to get jokes off on. He had no chance imo.
Yeah Mecc is cool because he provides a knowledge base that most of them don't. Esso been around but unless it's super mainstream, he doesn't know shyt. Hynaken is meh...

But I don't really like combative interviews, which Mecc turns them into sometimes. Not saying you have to agree with everyone they say and not give any pushback, but there comes a point where you just have to agree to disagree and move on, and sometimes Mecc and Bigga struggle with that a lot.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Yeah Mecc is cool because he provides a knowledge base that most of them don't. Esso been around but unless it's super mainstream, he doesn't know shyt. Hynaken is meh...

But I don't really like combative interviews, which Mecc turns them into sometimes. Not saying you have to agree with everyone they say and not give any pushback, but there comes a point where you just have to agree to disagree and move on, and sometimes Mecc and Bigga struggle with that a lot.
Word I agree, it's one thing to give push back or challenge a guest but you have to know when to agree to disagree and to overall be tactful about it. You challenge them, they answer and let it be without being so forceful about it.

Bigga especially will repeat his point over and over in hopes you agree with him and is too inflexible.