Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
man i hate to hear esso and hynaken gone cause of business. it definitely feels different without their insight- especially the d.rose interview. they woulda asked the good follow up questions and bounce off each other. math keep losing and replacing hosts, he gotta be the issue. can't keep doing that and i like math but something is off

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
man i hate to hear esso and hynaken gone cause of business. it definitely feels different without their insight- especially the d.rose interview. they woulda asked the good follow up questions and bounce off each other. math keep losing and replacing hosts, he gotta be the issue. can't keep doing that and i like math but something is off
I can barely get through the clips of that interview because Rose says "like" and "and then" a lot when telling stories, which makes it hard to listen to. Having those two guys there to relax him some more would have helped.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Word that made me look at queensflip different. Last to eat should have been him. I understand he got family but how can you live with yourself knowing you and your family good but space isn’t getting paid. Foul activities. Queensflip is a piece of shyt like that. Then he had the nerve to get mad the nikka left and wouldn’t go on math podcast cuz he didn’t want to run into him. Yea cuz of the shame he would have felt.
Facts he even said Space told me to just get some good mics to keep the cost down but I wanted to get this big space for the "aesthetic".

If he didn't have the bread to pay that expensive ass Manhattan rent then he shouldn't go above his means till he did. As a business person employee's are part of overhead and they get paid whether you turn a profit or not. If he had to have the studio but it wasn't making the money to pay spaceghost yet then he should have reached into some of that skit money as a compromise but he was too greedy to do so.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I had just start getting into the podcast too. Shame that some of the people left. Hynaken was hit or miss for me but I liked Esso on there.

I couldn’t even watch the D Rose interview because of the video & audio quality. I knew something was off but didn’t know it was because of a breakup.

That Mecc dude comes off too pretentious at times and Bigga rambles a lot. I’ll still check depending on the guest but it’s definitely a disappointment.

StackBundles

Sohh Icey Blood Gang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Facts he even said Space told me to just get some good mics to keep the cost down but I wanted to get this big space for the "aesthetic".

If he didn't have the bread to pay that expensive ass Manhattan rent then he shouldn't go above his means till he did. As a business person employee's are part of overhead and they get paid whether you turn a profit or not. If he had to have the studio but it wasn't making the money to pay spaceghost yet then he should have reached into some of that skit money as a compromise but he was too greedy to do so.
You couldn’t have said it any better. But I’m glad he exposed himself. I remember this nikka used to give away tv and shyt to people and show it. Meanwhile we didn’t know space was starving in the background. fukk queensflip. That’s a dirty ass nikka if you ask me. I own my own business and all the bills get paid. Whatever is left is my profit. People have to get taken care of of before me. It’s not their responsibility if you can’t make profits. Captain goes down with the ship

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Sounds like Spaceghost might have jumped the gun due to prior business with Queenzflip. Seems like he's putting what happened to him with Flip on Math, and assumed it would be the same situation, but it sounds like Math was paying him.
He never said math wasnt paying him, he said he started OWING him bread, then he saw how everyone else was having money situations too and everyone was getting different explanations from Math, so he wanted to leave

Being the main draw/talent is one thing

being the executive producer or a UPM is a different thing, you're MAKING sure people are getting paid properly, you got an accouting dept. ( The show would only need like 2 people maybe lol) keeping a paper trail, shouldn't be an issue at all.

The nikka is just naive and greedy and cant accept the reality that he needs an actual boss of the show off camera to handle that kinda stuff cuz he doesn't know how to. 3mil aint even good for the entirety of the show :mjlol: for 2.5 hours of content multiple times a week i HOPE that number is just for a season(and these nikkas established what a "season" is on paper)

Revolt hittin licks on music nikkas like crazy, esso mighta blown the whole deal up with his threat of suing for past eps.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
start @ 26:15 , that's when they fleshed it out

He told them they add nothing of value to the show, he could replace them like misfit and knowledge and keep it moving, etc.

he owed all of them money, they said one person on there has NEVER been paid but they didn't name who, it's gotta be either Bigga or Mec and either one is hilarious to think about :mjlol:.

he broke the contract like a typical battle rapper but Esso isn't a dumbass and peeped game immediately, they waited to see if he'd get it together and he never did.

whole group had a phone call where math's lies were coming to light, they were gonna have a dinner and hash it out but Math canclled as nikkas were already driving there

Math signed a 2.7m ReVolt deal and was being greedy, on the RHQ date, revolt people were asking where the rest of the squad was at....Math had already told Hynaken he aint need em to come. He may have really fukked up unless his interviews really go next level and stay there.

Esso/Hynaken had to pull up to his crib to get their bread

basically, Math is the same Math he's always been

Esso said if they air a single episode that he's in on revolt he suing the shyt outta them :dead:

LOL it explains why the audio/video from the Derek Rose episode was unusually bad. I couldn't' even watch the shyt. There's no way Math can continue dropping episodes like that.

You just can't break it up on the first deal. I get that it's more money then he's ever seen. However, you gotta think about the bigger picture. If he keeps the crew intact, and they do well on revolt, they can get an even bigger deal later down the line.

The formula that they have in place is proven. You can't really discredit the team. MEO was solid with Fit and Knowledge, but if improved significantly when he brought these guys on.

In reality, with the crew that he had, he didn't even NEED guests. That is extremely valuable not having to rely on guests, that can bring down the quality of the episode if they're trash.

Personally, I think the core should be Math, Esso, and Mecca. Maybe you could add another emcee to balance it out since Esso and Mecca are more on the management side.

Last edited: