Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This should be the last Thor, he's had his time just show him in Avengers films :manny:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Deadline just confirmed it

Mark Ruffalo Bringing Hulk Into ‘Thor: Ragnarok’

hulk-ruffalo__130308150754.jpg

Marvel Studios is near a deal with Mark Ruffalo to bring his Hulk character to Thor: Ragnarok, the third installment of the hammer-wielding Norse god series that stars Chris Hemsworth. The film will be directed by Taika Waititi, the New Zealand-born director whose credits include the indie Eagle Vs Shark and last year’s Sundance vampire mockumentary What We Do In The Shadows.

Disney has set a November 3, 2017, release date for Thor 3.
Rumors of Ruffalo’s involvement is tearing up the geek sites, and it’s indeed happening. What I’m wondering is this: of all the iterations of movies with the burly green guy, Ruffalo’s has been by far the best. But when is he going to get his own movie?

It’s possible that Ruffalo just doesn’t have time to do more than shred shirts and pants in Avengersinstallments, as he spends most of it starring in awards-season films. His sensibilities are more toward indie fare than tentpole. Coming off a strong turn in Begin Again and into a heartbreaking performance as wrestler Dave Schultz in Foxcatcher, Ruffalo is at the center of the strong ensemble cast of Spotlight, the Tom McCarthy-directed film about the Boston Globe Spotlight team’s reporting that exposed the cover-up of pedophile priests by the Catholic Church in Boston. Open Road world-premiered the film to rousing response at the Venice Film Festival, and releases the pic November 6.

Alan Taylor directed the most recent pic, Thor: The Dark World, which Disney released in November 2013 to a worldwide gross of $644.8M. That came after Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, kicked things off in summer 2011 making $449.3M. Marvel has been masterful about cross-pollinating these franchises with its stable of stars, and Ruffalo’s presence could bring green to this sequel.

Mark Ruffalo Bringing Hulk Into 'Thor: Ragnarok'

Chef

All Star
Daps
I'd rather Marvel get full rights of The Hulk opposed to Spider Man. He deserves better. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was strictly talking about the cgi for the Hulk. The Avengers Hulk don't have that monster, nightmarish vibe at all to me. Like does he give off the vibe that he could easily smash a mountain down to dust? Nope. The Norton cgi hulk did tho. It's like they de-powered the character AND made him look like a damn troll. You would think the Hulk cgi would've gotten better between the two films. It didn't imo. :yeshrug:
Edit: Pics to compare
hulk1.jpg

The-Hulk.jpg

I'm with you.The Avengers Hulk just looks like some old buff steel mill worker with a hairy fukking chest

Doesn't have that majestic comic book quality.

Ol humpback, mini King Kong ass Hulk.

If I saw these two(Norton Hulk & Banner Hulk) getting ready to square up, I'd put my money on Norton's Hulk

But that's just me

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Kat Dennings is probably the ugliest famous chick who is regarded as hot. goddamn are dudes really that blinded by big t*ts?

I'm sorry breh, but them them titties are nice and I usually prefer fat asses on my women. :francis:

She can get it.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Cate Blanchett In Talks for Marvel’s ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ (EXCLUSIVE)
blanchett_cate_new.jpg

Oscar-winner Cate Blanchett may soon be joining the Marvel universe.

Sources tell Variety Blanchett is in talks to play one of the new female leads in Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok.” Marvel had no comment.

Blanchett, having just received SAG and Golden Globe nominations for “Carol,” would be making her first major comic book role in “Ragnarok.”

Taika Waiti in on board to direct the third “Thor” film with Chris Hemsworth returning to play the Norse God. Stephany Folsom recently polished the script.

Blanchett’s character in the superhero sequel isn’t known. “Ragnarok,” produced by Kevin Feige, will also feature Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and the villainous Tom Hiddleston who plays Loki in “The Avengers” universe.

“Thor: Ragnarok” hits theaters on Nov. 3, 2017.

Blanchett is no stranger to the fanboy universe, having appeared in multiple “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” films for Peter Jackson.

She recently starred in 1950s lesbian drama “Carol,” which led all Golden Globe nominees on Thursday, scoring five nominations, including Best Picture and Best Actress for Blanchett.

In addition to “Carol,” the Australian star also appeared in “Truth” and Disney’s “Cinderella” remake earlier this year.

She is repped by CAA.

Cate Blanchett In Talks for Marvel's 'Thor: Ragnarok' (EXCLUSIVE)