Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
shytty heroes are pathetic too.....

who wants to see a movie about a titled character who ultimately sucks..... then said company tries to shove more stories of him sucking and getting outshines by his side casts...... dudes that are normally one and done :sas2:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He was angry because his planet and home was lost and he was forced to run and hide in space and sleep for centuries.

He was only awoken when they discovered the aether and he wanted to inflict as much pain and damage to his enemies.

Remember that planet Thor met them at?

That was where he was from and now it's a barren planet.

His species is same near extinct
They did a disservice to Malekith honestly dude is a beast in the comics. One thing that bothered me was the green screen used for certain scenes took me out the movie. I did enjoy Thors fights though I wish like MOS they really showed how fast and powerful he truly is. Hopefully Thor 3 being away from Earth finally fixes it a bit with Hulk coming through :blessed:. Surtur better not be a one and done Marvel
4BzAvRi_zpslnatbwds.png

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
A bad villain is still a problem regardless of how well a movie does when depicting the hero. The hero can be depicted perfectly but if he is spending 2 hours fighting some paper thin villain that doesn't come across as interesting or entertaining then that means the movie suffers a bit.
A James Bond movie with the best Bond ever still gets rightfully criticized if the villain of the film is weak which is what happened with Spectre. Despite casting a great actor in an iconic villain role that movie suffered because because Christoph Waltz's Blofeld was trash.
nobody has argued that the films are perfect though. the argument is that harping on the villains as a way to discredit the film as a whole is disingenuous.

this argument is especially suspect when applied to thor 2 which despite being hailed as a horrible product on this subforum of a messageboard, is widely seen as a good film everywhere else. the villain kills the protagonists mother, threatens the world, and wreaks havoc on the protagonists home world. basically check marks everything that certain people on here love to complain about such as there was no real threat in the film.

saying that people pay to see a hero they can relate to and be entertained by does not = a lackluster villain is okay. and a lackluster villain does not = the movie is trash, especially since the movie is not about the villain in the first place.

we just trying to tell yall why the movies do well and are liked and a certain segment spouts off stan accusations then goes on to quote tin foil hat conspiracy theories and somehow arent seen as the irrational ones :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
They did a disservice to Malekith honestly dude is a beast in the comics. One thing that bothered me was the green screen used for certain scenes took me out the movie. I did enjoy Thors fights though I wish like MOS they really showed how fast and powerful he truly is. Hopefully Thor 3 being away from Earth finally fixes it a bit with Hulk coming through :blessed:. Surtur better not be a one and done Marvel
4BzAvRi_zpslnatbwds.png

Truth be told.... giving my honest opinion no gimmick...... I agree and dont think he was great... but I also dont think he is as bad as so many cats love to portray.

Its like cats love to pick on this movie sometimes for the sake of picking on it.

I dont know about the comics.... truthfully I never ever heard of him till this movie. But what I do know is verses so many of the villains in so many comic movies he's one of the few that inflicted the most pain and change to a super hero. People like to gloss over the fact that he killed Thors (the Queen of Asgard) mom and he destroyed their home.

Like in most movies, a villain comes, and goes and theres never a lasting ramification from that encounter. Ironman for the most part has moved on without thinking of his last few enemies, he's just living his life. Cap aint even concerned about Red Skull too much.

Thor has lost him mom forever and she's never coming back. People love to talk about stakes and loss.... what stakes and loss is more devastating than that?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nobody has argued that the films are perfect though. the argument is that harping on the villains as a way to discredit the film as a whole is disingenuous.

this argument is especially suspect when applied to thor 2 which despite being hailed as a horrible product on this subforum of a messageboard, is widely seen as a good film everywhere else. the villain kills the protagonists mother, threatens the world, and wreaks havoc on the protagonists home world. basically check marks everything that certain people on here love to complain about such as there was no real threat in the film.

saying that people pay to see a hero they can relate to and be entertained by does not = a lackluster villain is okay. and a lackluster villain does not = the movie is trash, especially since the movie is not about the villain in the first place.

we just trying to tell yall why the movies do well and are liked and a certain segment spouts off stan accusations then goes on to quote tin foil hat conspiracy theories and somehow arent seen as the irrational ones :yeshrug:
Well I was never arguing any of that stuff you mentioned.
@Bryan Danielson mentioned dudes were sitting on Thor: Dark World and not giving reasons so I gave my reasons and Malekith being a shytty villain was one of them.
And honestly the overwhelming opinion about Marvel movies is that the villains have been underwhelming more often than not so I don't get where the argument is coming from. No one is saying the movies are garbage just that it seems like the villains have been afterthoughts in most of these movies.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Truth be told.... giving my honest opinion no gimmick...... I agree and dont think he was great... but I also dont think he is as bad as so many cats love to portray.

Its like cats love to pick on this movie sometimes for the sake of picking on it.

I dont know about the comics.... truthfully I never ever heard of him till this movie. But what I do know is verses so many of the villains in so many comic movies he's one of the few that inflicted the most pain and change to a super hero. People like to gloss over the fact that he killed Thors (the Queen of Asgard) mom and he destroyed their home.

Like in most movies, a villain comes, and goes and theres never a lasting ramification from that encounter. Ironman for the most part has moved on without thinking of his last few enemies, he's just living his life. Cap aint even concerned about Red Skull too much.

Thor has lost him mom forever and she's never coming back. People love to talk about stakes and loss.... what stakes and loss is more devastating than that?
I'm legitimately upset that Red Skull has been ignored along with Abomination for this long. In regards to Frigga if Age of ultron was your first time seeing Thor or a Marvel movie you'd have no idea his mother's dead and his father's missing the way that storyline has been ignored :dead:. I get what you're saying though but, I do have to admit Marvel can be hit or miss with badguys. Their focus is the heroes and I get that plus it shows as the actors really do a great job. Just sucks that villains seem to get shafted the most aa we can see by all the criticisms that is one that comes up a lot. Zemo is the best one arguably besides Loki as they were actually allowed to 1 Live and 2 be set up to appear later.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I guess the main reason I just dont feel like the villains are as "underwhelming" as so many say... cuz truthfully I just feel they are just "on par" with everything else. And I'm not saying its good or bad...... but just is what it is.

I just find it ridiculous when cats come down hard and try to bash them for this but then look away and be like

yq36mJ4.gif

When other franchise suffer from the same thing or make the same mistake.

Marvel shouldnt be held to a HIGHER standard than others.... they should ALL be held to the same standard.
So the way I see it dont see here tell me Malekith (and no its not all about him but for the sake of discussion just using him as a discussion point) is all that terrible and is the worst thing anyone has ever seen

When we've seen;

2 cloud villains
gl2.jpg
Galactus-in-Rise-of-the-Silver-Surfer.jpg

a shytty clayfaced thing
Batman-V-Superman-Doomsday1.jpg

this acid or decay guy
latest

everyone in the last 2 ASM movies

and last but least (and this one hurts me to my soul) but ever incarnation of this guy on the big screen

latest

fantastic-four-2015-dr-doom.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The OG Superman movies..... well for the most part were great.... everyone LOVED them and no one harps on the villains.

Everyone LOVES Blade one and 2...... but I bet dont remember shyt about the villains in them "Blades just fought some vamps and was BAD ASS":heh:

Everyone loves the Toby Spideys.... but even his villains werent all that.... people just loved him and to see him in his suit

So on one end, I get it... but on another. I feel the argument is overplayed and people use it to distract the narrative or try to take some points from it.

I think its more of an issue when youre hero is lackluster, boring, and cant carry the film..... cuz at the end of the day.... it aint the villain emblem or shield they promoting..... its the hero. He spose to be the iconic face of the movie franchise who is the face of the comic source

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I guess the main reason I just dont feel like the villains are as "underwhelming" as so many say... cuz truthfully I just feel they are just "on par" with everything else. And I'm not saying its good or bad...... but just is what it is.

I just find it ridiculous when cats come down hard and try to bash them for this but then look away and be like

yq36mJ4.gif

When other franchise suffer from the same thing or make the same mistake.

Marvel shouldnt be held to a HIGHER standard than others.... they should ALL be held to the same standard.
So the way I see it dont see here tell me Malekith (and no its not all about him but for the sake of discussion just using him as a discussion point) is all that terrible and is the worst thing anyone has ever seen

When we've seen;

2 cloud villains
gl2.jpg
Galactus-in-Rise-of-the-Silver-Surfer.jpg

a shytty clayfaced thing
Batman-V-Superman-Doomsday1.jpg

this acid or decay guy
latest

everyone in the last 2 ASM movies

and last but least (and this one hurts me to my soul) but ever incarnation of this guy on the big screen

latest

fantastic-four-2015-dr-doom.jpg
they aint tryna hear you doe :wow:

but :russ: i actually liked julian mcmahons a$$holeish doom. he was the best thing out of both movies. that and kerry washington :takedat:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The OG Superman movies..... well for the most part were great.... everyone LOVED them and no one harps on the villains.

Everyone LOVES Blade one and 2...... but I bet dont remember shyt about the villains in them "Blades just fought some vamps and was BAD ASS":heh:

Everyone loves the Toby Spideys.... but even his villains werent all that.... people just loved him and to see him in his suit

So on one end, I get it... but on another. I feel the argument is overplayed and people use it to distract the narrative or try to take some points from it.

I think its more of an issue when youre hero is lackluster, boring, and cant carry the film..... cuz at the end of the day.... it aint the villain emblem or shield they promoting..... its the hero. He spose to be the iconic face of the movie franchise who is the face of the comic source
whatever his name was in blade 2 was wreckin shyt :ufdup: he was a good villain. random coked up white guy in blade 1 was straight

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
they aint tryna hear you doe :wow:

but :russ: i actually liked julian mcmahons a$$holeish doom. he was the best thing out of both movies. that and kerry washington :takedat:

I was actually disappointed..

Like I'm a Dr. Doom stan..... i got him on my current cell screen saver and my last one or 2 (Palm Treo and some other phone).

Fav rapper MF Doom and I love all the Doom interludes in songs.

After Doom I probably like Punisher next then Cap then Superman then Flash.

But I just hoped for more with Doom. Though "Meek-Meehaan" was better than the latest Doom.... cant deny that

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
whatever his name was in blade 2 was wreckin shyt :ufdup: he was a good villain. random coked up white guy in blade 1 was straight

I cant remember any of the villains in Blade or the final fight scenes:mjlol:

Dont even know what they objectives was:russ:

Speaking of Blade you know who else low key has some shytty villains? The one in Underworld..... but still them movies are:banderas:

:bryan:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

That's completely fine I'm definitely not attacking you by the way :whoa:Just adding my 2 cents in the Thor 2 discussion. Nomak was that dude in Blade 2 though :smugdraper:I don't even want to speak on Ghostrider with how he and the other characters were so blatantly disrespected in that franchise :snoop:Greenlantern? Parallex was beyond disrespected and I'm glad it's been rebooted :pacspit:Though personally Ryan Reynolds wasn't that bad. I'm glad he's Deadpool though dude embodies that comic character to the core:whoo:FF:snoop::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:Besides Chris evans as Storm which was actually was decent to me along with the actor for Mr. Fantastic everyone else can:camby:Doom good lord did they butcher him 3 gotdamn times:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:Superman Reeve version classics for nostalgia purposes. MOS flight scenes though:banderas:All in all though I'm enjoying everything and will continue to see everything because one day I may not be able to for a while :to:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Or..you know...it's because villains are an intrinsic part of comic history and the stories. The most popular comic hero's also have the best rogue galleries. That's not a coincidence.

It's literally only disney stans that suddenly want to down play a villains importance in the stories and what makes the hero who they are.

Batman wouldn't be batman if it wasn't for characters like the joker. Spider man wouldn't be spider man without goblin etc.

And literally the only reason you guys want to suddenly claim villains aren't that important is because it's a huge flaw in these films.

You guys aren't slick. We know why you want to down play the villain role in comic stories and suddenly want to claim it's all about the hero and nothing more.

Secondly,deacon frost>>>>>any villain in these disney films. Same with doc ock.