Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
The promotion is finally picking up
But
Damn does my nikka Thor need this one to be a hit BAD!

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It was everything people claim Marvel isnt or wish they would do

Higher Stakes - Check
More serious fighting - Check
Someone powerful dying - Check
A villain that actually is dangerous - Check
A villain that doesnt tell jokes or even smile - Check
Hero not joking or saying any wise cracks - Check

Not sure what cats really want:yeshrug:
Thor 2 sucked man. This isn't fukking debateable

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thor 2 sucked man. This isn't fukking debateable

Na it is debatable....

Especially when cats just come out and say "bu bu bu but it sucked" but then don't and NEVER give no reasons to why they feel that way or reason for complaints.

When cats try to shyt on Guardians they say "because the way the villain lost" or when cats try to shyt on A2 they say "because Ultron had too many jokes"

Hell when cats shytted on BvS they said "because of pacing and MARTHA" or SS "because of edits"

Well.... It's always debatable

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Na it is debatable....

Especially when cats just come out and say "bu bu bu but it sucked" but then don't and NEVER give no reasons to why they feel that way or reason for complaints.

When cats try to shyt on Guardians they say "because the way the villain lost" or when cats try to shyt on A2 they say "because Ultron had too many jokes"

Hell when cats shytted on BvS they said "because of pacing and MARTHA" or SS "because of edits"

Well.... It's always debatable
I didn't think Thor 2 sucked but it was a very forgettable movie.
My reasons for not loving it are:

Thor was just a big slab of meat with hardly any real character traits that stood out in this movie; he was basically a romance novel cover come to life with about as much personality.

Natalie Portman was as unconvincing a scientist as Denise Richardson’s nuclear physicist Christmas Jones in the Bond movie THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH and she seemed to fluctuate from totally disinterested with everything going on to being borderline annoyed at being in the movie at all.

Portman and Hemsworth had almost negative romantic chemistry.

I was extremely disappointed in Malekith as a main villain. You have a great actor like Chirstopher Eccleston and you don’t let him cut loose instead showing him sparingly and making him do all of his dialog in some weird elf language was a bonehead move. As a villain Malekith made no impact at all.

The decision to make the big scary mystical weapon be an angry red wine stain was lame as hell.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I didn't think Thor 2 sucked but it was a very forgettable movie.
My reasons for not loving it are:

Thor was just a big slab of meat with hardly any real character traits that stood out in this movie; he was basically a romance novel cover come to life with about as much personality.

Natalie Portman was as unconvincing a scientist as Denise Richardson’s nuclear physicist Christmas Jones in the Bond movie THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH and she seemed to fluctuate from totally disinterested with everything going on to being borderline annoyed at being in the movie at all.

Portman and Hemsworth had almost negative romantic chemistry.

I was extremely disappointed in Malekith as a main villain. You have a great actor like Chirstopher Eccleston and you don’t let him cut loose instead showing him sparingly and making him do all of his dialog in some weird elf language was a bonehead move. As a villain Malekith made no impact at all.

The decision to make the big scary mystical weapon be an angry red wine stain was lame as hell.

That's fair enough....

I only really disagree with the last 2 points.

I think Malekith was the second most threatening and successful MCU villain after Zemo since he actually did cause long term and permanent collateral damage to one of the hero's and was able to be devestatingly successful in his quest.

Also the weapons being a "wine stain" didn't bother me any more or less than in other movies the big scary mystical weapon being a cube or a gem. Just looked at it all the same

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's fair enough....

I only really disagree with the last 2 points.

I think Malekith was the second most threatening and successful MCU villain after Zemo since he actually did cause long term and permanent collateral damage to one of the hero's and was able to be devestatingly successful in his quest.

Also the weapons being a "wine stain" didn't bother me any more or less than in other movies the big scary mystical weapon being a cube or a gem. Just looked at it all the same
The red wine weapon was just a personal nitpick.

Malekith though was such a flat unremarkable villain. The movie did nothing to give the character any depth. He was just an evil elf who wanted to destroy the universe. He was an empty vessel.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The red wine weapon was just a personal nitpick.

Malekith though was such a flat unremarkable villain. The movie did nothing to give the character any depth. He was just an evil elf who wanted to destroy the universe. He was an empty vessel.

He was angry because his planet and home was lost and he was forced to run and hide in space and sleep for centuries.

He was only awoken when they discovered the aether and he wanted to inflict as much pain and damage to his enemies.

Remember that planet Thor met them at?

That was where he was from and now it's a barren planet.

His species is same near extinct

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He was angry because his planet and home was lost and he was forced to run and hide in space and sleep for centuries.

He was only awoken when they discovered the aether and he wanted to inflict as much pain and damage to his enemies.

Remember that planet Thor met them at?

That was where he was from and now it's a barren planet.

His species is same near extinct
The movie took us through the motions of explaining Malekith's motivations but the Malekith character never seemed to be as fully fleshed out as he should have been to fit with the motivation the film set up.
He just wasn't a very 3 dimensional villain to me.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
:wow:

13996059_1456373827712518_1423116218218358392_o.jpg