Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the two of you are ignoring the people who don't care enough to research but might see the most well known character in the world in a commercial and say "that looks interesting". Those are the movie goers that you miss out on by hiding well known characters that are in your movie in your advertising. Whether that alone is enough to affect box office, I can't say but why not just put it out there and maximize your profits.

If they put Superman front and center in all the ads for the movie, realistically how much more do you think it would do at the box office? Keep in mind "Wonder Woman" not only did $250 million more than "Man Of Steel", it's also a critical hit unlike that movie. Which is why the promo focused on her.

Fred.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they put Superman front and center in all the ads for the movie, realistically how much more do you think it would do at the box office? Keep in mind "Wonder Woman" not only did $250 million more than "Man Of Steel", it's also a critical hit unlike that movie. Which is why the promo focused on her.

Fred.
I honestly can't say, all I'm saying is that it makes no sense to not feature a character in your advertising when they are one of the most recognizable characters in history. Worst case scenario, you get minor complaints that something should have been a surprise.

On the point that Wonder Woman was front and center in the ad campaign I don't think that she was, at least not any more so than the rest of the cast. I can't remember her having 1 line in costume in any of the trailers or commercials I saw.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I honestly can't say, all I'm saying is that it makes no sense to not feature a character in your advertising when they are one of the most recognizable characters in history. Worst case scenario, you get minor complaints that something should have been a surprise.

On the point that Wonder Woman was front and center in the ad campaign I don't think that she was, at least not any more so than the rest of the cast. I can't remember her having 1 line in costume in any of the trailers or commercials I saw.

:gucci:

She's the very first JL member seen (and the first person you heard) in the Comic-Con trailer, which is when promo for the movie ramped up last summer.

Fred.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It was the best Thor movie but I still didn't like it :manny:

Thor just sucks to me.. the movie had more comedy than GOTG and Spiderman homecoming combined which is not a good thing although I laughed a few times

I hope they take a darker turn on Avenger 3

So far my top MCU movies are
Spiderman
Dr Strange
Winter Soldier
Iron Man
GOTG

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taika needs to direct all theese fukkin movies. The man just gets it. Theses comics are silly, not serious or dramatic. Have fun and Wizz past it.
Ragnarok is a pretty serious and dramatic event...lol

A balance of the two is needed. I loved the movie but they could've held back on some of the humor.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ragnarok is a pretty serious and dramatic event...lol

A balance of the two is needed. I loved the movie but they could've held back on some of the humor.

I thought the humor was great because a lot of it was situational like in the beginning when thor went thru the bi frost and the monsters head slid and the eyes rolled back then scourge saying he needs to announce and he just flew away then ya man hit a struggle trot down the bridge

Conz

Superstar
Daps
random thought - did anyone keep the streak alive and lose an arm in this movie? or did they sub that out for an eye? Pretty sure there has been arm loss in every MCU movie