Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Puff....don't see how anyone could hate on this movie

Over here on the coli we can find problems with any movie :russ:

Seriously though. The lack of seriousness is an issue for many. I was fine with it but I can agree it is an issue. It's crazy
Thor lost his father his friends his home and his eye but you never felt depressed for him. My spirits were high througjout the film....but it was pretty dark af

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I swear I'm sick of the formula of u niccas saying you're sick of the formula. How about y'all just don't watch comic book films anymore. Dude really complained about hela not being mentioned in past Thor films even tho they explained that Odin wiped her existence away completely in the same movie :heh:....u can't make this shyt up :russ:
They're all idiots..

Its amazing

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Just came back from seeing it.

I'm not a comic book dude but this was a good movie.

Hela is extremely powerful but with

Her smashing Thors hammer doesn't that limit the effectiveness going foward with the Thor or any Avenger movie he's in?

Also is their a backstory on Odin and his strength?
Haven't followed IW too closely, purposely, but I'm pretty sure he had the hammer in the leaked teaser and some set pics....and there's the whole not actually needing the hammer thing.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over here on the coli we can find problems with any movie :russ:

Seriously though. The lack of seriousness is an issue for many. I was fine with it but I can agree it is an issue. It's crazy
Thor lost his father his friends his home and his eye but you never felt depressed for him. My spirits were high througjout the film....but it was pretty dark af

I swear a lot of the complaining about the supposed lack of darkness and drama is mostly because of the title of the film.

If it was called "Thor: Contest of Champions" people would be upseet about there not being more gladiatorial fights.

It's like how some people complain about Captain America: Civil War not having any character deaths..."It wasn't a war, nobody even died". :aicmon:

That's why so many of the more critical reviews all say something like "this is supposed to be Ragnarok".

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Coming from a MCU fan who actually buys tickets for day one for every one of these films, I would say my number one suggestion would be not to undercut the gravity of the serious scenes with humor. That's all I'm asking. Every single time. The Winter Soldier is probably the only film that didn't use bathos humor to distract from serious events. I want Marvel to trust it's audience and understand we can handle a little seriousness. It's almost expected now that when someone dies or a planet gets destroyed, someone is gonna make a joke so you don't feel too bad about it. Just. Stop.

that is Disney, now.

Every movie from Disney has death scenes and since marvel is now the teen propery gateway of Disney. You will see this become a standard across the industry for this demographic.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
5968284-thor+hype.gif

I know guys... but that big ass wolf dog caught me by surprise. I was on edge thinking somebody (else) wasn’t gonna make it. :mjcry: We lost Odin don’t take Bruce too.

cerebus is formidable.

art barr

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Movie was great, a few things like how hulk got there and the warriors 3 bother me. Also how chummy loki and thor are, but I have to remember that's there dynamic in the MCU

Oh and hulk was nerfed in power a bit. I'd really like to start seeing the angrier the stronger hulk...

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I swear a lot of the complaining about the supposed lack of darkness and drama is mostly because of the title of the film.

If it was called "Thor: Contest of Champions" people would be upseet about there not being more gladiatorial fights.

It's like how some people complain about Captain America: Civil War not having any character deaths..."It wasn't a war, nobody even died". :aicmon:

That's why so many of the more critical reviews all say something like "this is supposed to be Ragnarok".

yeah, thats me :lolbron:

Im one of those people.:russ:

after Age of Ultron i was like: What age breh, that shyt lasted only 3 days. :yeshrug:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Tone the damn quips down by 30% and the movie is better.

I still really enjoyed it but everyone shouldnt be a comedian. I liked rock guy, but they just watched asgard blow up, do we need jokes there:francis:

Valkyrie entrance was lame as fukk. My legit reaction

Same as the fireworks at the end. I also dont get why she was hiding "her past." They made it seem like she fled, but she didnt in the memory. It would have made more sense if she deserted the battle and as a bit of redemption fights with thor.

Ruffalo phoned in his performance big time

Loved Hulk. Want more of him. Glad they finally are separating the two.

Action was pretty good. Coliseum fight was great but i really wish marketing didnt spoil hulk or at the very least thors reaction to seeing him. I liked hela fight

Hela was cool. I liked her, shes powerful, and she was the rightful heir. I hope she comes back with Thanos.

Dreaded heimdall :jawalrus:

Loki was cool. I dont get strange not showinv up when hela arrives but ill let that pass

I hate that those zombie soldiers were weak when they want, and strong when they want. One minute the locals can kill them on the bridge. Next theyre taking down heimdall:dwillhuh:

Devil's anus:grumpydog:

Beta ray bill was a statue on the tower. Anyone know who else?

I didnt stay for the 2nd credit scene. What was it?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Due to the humor I feel like the director is not getting enough props for his work here, the action and overall direction were above most typical marvel movies. The led zeppelin scenes were so fire and that scene where the valkyries fight hela. Especially considering the director hadn't done alot of these types of shots.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Quote me next time.

We're on a messageboard, right? Then we can have discussions about what we liked and disliked about the film, right?

Take Marvel's dikk out your mouth. I said I liked the movie. I criticize Fox and DC the same way.
Maybe you have an issue. You insist on things a certain way. He ignored your post as if it was Odin ignoring Hela.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

I still really enjoyed it but everyone shouldnt be a comedian. I liked rock guy, but they just watched asgard blow up, do we need jokes there:francis:

Same as the fireworks at the end. I also dont get why she was hiding "her past." They made it seem like she fled, but she didnt in the memory. It would have made more sense if she deserted the battle and as a bit of redemption fights with thor.

Action was pretty good. Coliseum fight was great but i really wish marketing didnt spoil hulk or at the very least thors reaction to seeing him. I liked hela fight

Hela was cool. I liked her, shes powerful, and she was the rightful heir. I hope she comes back with Thanos.

Loki was cool. I dont get strange not showinv up when hela arrives but ill let that pass

I hate that those zombie soldiers were weak when they want, and strong when they want. One minute the locals can kill them on the bridge. Next theyre taking down heimdall:dwillhuh:

i thought it was ARES

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Maybe you have an issue. You insist on things a certain way. He ignored your post as if it was Odin ignoring Hela.

I guess.

I thought this was a movie board where you talk about movies, and sometimes you agree and sometimes you disagree.

Daniel Bryanson debated me on it and brought up valid counterarguments.

Every franchise has a formula, I get that. If I'm wrong call me on it. I just can't rock with someone saying something slick and dismissive and doesn't even bother to quote me.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I see a lot of people are feeling Hela. I wasn’t rooting for her. But still, how often is the villain a woman and she carries it so well?

Jeff Goldbloom and his side pieces came back.

The second post-credits scene in Thor: Ragnarokfeatures the Grandmaster tumbling out of a containment pod in the middle of the dumping yard of Sakaar. It appears the old dictator escaped from Korg-led revolution (kickstarted as a distraction allowing Thor, Hulk, and Valkyrie to leave the planet). Unfortunately for him, he emerges only to find himself surrounded by scavengers, the very same group that confronted Thor when he first crashed on Sakaar, asking him if he was a fighter or food. "I'm proud of you all. This revolution's been a huge success," the Grandmaster tells the scavengers. "It's a tie." On the surface, the scene is purely a funny little scene, an excuse to get even more of Jeff Goldblum's excellently wacky Grandmaster performance. But it also leaves the door wide open for more Grandmaster in the future.
*from bustle.c0m