Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Movie was good...

But not great. At this point I'm convinced marvel is not concerned with doing great movies.

This was entertaining as were most marvel movies, but I officially don't expect infinity war to be great.

I railed on X-men Apocalypse some months back for the lackluster way that franchise has been handled. I think the folks at Fox are just merely inept. I think the folks at Disney simply don't care.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Oscar material from a fukking comic book movie...but what I am expecting at this point is some depth to their stories. A universe this connected and I really feel nothing for any of the characters: no motivation, nothing. Marvel has a formula that they apply to every single movie and maybe I'm late, bit it's getting very old and very predictable.

All of these disney/marvel movies are the same with interchangeable characters. If that's what you want, cool...i'm sure you love the shyt Disney is shoveling to you. I get it, they are a business. But I'll never entertain the false idea that they are putting out a superior product. They aren't. A superior formula, sure.
These movies are product at this point. They will never really be "bad"(thor 2 notwithstanding), but I'm not sure they will be great either. (The double whammy of 2014 notwithstanding as well).

I enjoy my time in the theater with them but they are forgotten about by the time I get home from the theater for the most part. They just do not have any staying power for me. Feels like Guardians 2 came out years ago.

A critic I enjoy put it best in regards to how I feel about this one on his letterboxd:

"THOR: RAGNAROK is one of those Marvel movies with the hero's journey and the handsome and the jokes and the infinite CG and the cameos and the underwritten villain and the hordes of anonymous goons and wasn't this one supposed to be at least a little bit different?

in my infinite naïveté, i was hoping this would be a Taika Waititi movie produced by Marvel, and not just a Marvel movie directed by Taika Waititi"

I really was bored until they reached Sakaar, and I loved everything there, but then was bored with everything after.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Logan is a pistache of a bunch of different westerns with X-men paint slapped onto. They even referenced Shane in the movie since the film clearly lifts elements from it. It's a REALLY good movie, but not some revolutionary film that moved the genre forward.
Maybe so but you called it the most formulaic comicbook movie of the year which is complete and utter bullshyt

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe so but you called it the most formulaic comicbook movie of the year which is complete and utter bullshyt

It is formulaic.

It follows the same formula as 90% of westerns. Slapping a coat of X-MEN paint on it doesn't change that fact.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
These movies are product at this point. They will never really be "bad"(thor 2 notwithstanding), but I'm not sure they will be great either. (The double whammy of 2014 notwithstanding as well).

I enjoy my time in the theater with them but they are forgotten about by the time I get home from the theater for the most part. They just do not have any staying power for me. Feels like Guardians 2 came out years ago.

A critic I enjoy put it best in regards to how I feel about this one on his letterboxd:

"THOR: RAGNAROK is one of those Marvel movies with the hero's journey and the handsome and the jokes and the infinite CG and the cameos and the underwritten villain and the hordes of anonymous goons and wasn't this one supposed to be at least a little bit different?

in my infinite naïveté, i was hoping this would be a Taika Waititi movie produced by Marvel, and not just a Marvel movie directed by Taika Waititi"

I really was bored until they reached Sakaar, and I loved everything there, but then was bored with everything after.

I admire the way Marvel does their universe building. I love their casting choices. I love how they pay homage to comic book story arcs and incorporate Easter eggs into the movies.

With that said, there's just other aspects that I just wish they would step up. They tether together important plot points so loosely and or sloppily. Some depth would go a long way.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

If u were bored before they even set up the story why tf did u go see it? They were in sakaar within wat, 20min of the movie? Jeezus Christ how tf did u get thru interstellar. Oh yea the personal bias of Nolan. Yea breh just don't watch anymore comic book flicks. U shouldn't have to force yourself to pay for a ticket for something that u forget about while u walk to your car lol....I must be a stereotypical Jew with my wallet cuz there's no way in hell id continue to do something over and over again already knowing the outcome. The definition of insanity for real. Think u just might have outgrown this breh :yeshrug: these pg-13 cb movies are too childish for your mature cac palette. Just save ya funds and wait for the next Nolan flick. Even tho his last two were average af

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
If u were bored before they even set up the story why tf did u go see it? They were in sakaar within wat, 20min of the movie? Jeezus Christ how tf did u get thru interstellar. Oh yea the personal bias of Nolan. Yea breh just don't watch anymore comic book flicks. U shouldn't have to force yourself to pay for a ticket for something that u forget about while u walk to your car lol....I must be a stereotypical Jew with my wallet cuz there's no way in hell id continue to do something over and over again already knowing the outcome. The definition of insanity for real. Think u just might have outgrown this breh :yeshrug: these pg-13 cb movies are too childish for your mature cac palette. Just save ya funds and wait for the next Nolan flick. Even tho his last two were average af
1. You're full of shyt it was damn near an hour until they got to Sakaar. 20 min? You're on crack this was a 2 hour 15 min movie. And there was still damn near an hour after sakaar.
2. Not sure what Nolan has to do with any of this, but you're wrong about Dunkirk.
3. Hop off and eat some dinner first :hhh:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh:Go on... I didn’t see anyone remotely agree about the big ass wolf dog
If grandmaster doesnt press the button, thor finishes him. He wasnt even going full power and it was even

The trivia page for this on IMDB says a kid in the Make a Wish foundation suggested the friend from work line. They probably put it in the trailer in case he didn't live to see the movie.
fukk that.

They didnt have to show the coliseum at all. You could show hulk fighting in asgard without spoiling the fight with thor

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
1. You're full of shyt it was damn near an hour until they got to Sakaar. 20 min? You're on crack this was a 2 hour 15 min movie. And there was still damn near an hour after sakaar.
2. Not sure what Nolan has to do with any of this, but you're wrong about Dunkirk.
3. Hop off and eat some dinner first :hhh:

Na.... they were in Sakaar within the 1st 20-30 mins of the movie breh:patrice:

And that was after you had 2 pretty big fight scenes with and Surtur and then Thor/Loki vs Hela:ld:

Martha