Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I swear I'm sick of the formula of u niccas saying you're sick of the formula. How about y'all just don't watch comic book films anymore. Dude really complained about hela not being mentioned in past Thor films even tho they explained that Odin wiped her existence away completely in the same movie :heh:....u can't make this shyt up :russ:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I swear I'm sick of the formula of u niccas saying you're sick of the formula. How about y'all just don't watch comic book films anymore. Dude really complained about hela not being mentioned in past Thor films even tho they explained that Odin wiped her existence away completely in the same movie :heh:....u can't make this shyt up :russ:

Quote me next time.

We're on a messageboard, right? Then we can have discussions about what we liked and disliked about the film, right?

Take Marvel's dikk out your mouth. I said I liked the movie. I criticize Fox and DC the same way.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Thor Ragnarok is actually a deconstruction of the MCU Thor mythology and a sort of rebirth for the character and series.

As I said it's very much what Winter Soldier was for Captain America.

Hell, technically

Thor and the others don't actually win. They manage to escape, but they're not capable of beating Hela or Sutur, they just pit them against each other and run.

Thor loses his hammer, 3 of his best friends, his home, his father, his eye and none of those things are returned by the end of the film. The movie ends with Thor in a completely different place than he started and sets up the mythology to go into a completely new direction

For a film that's such a slave to the "Marvel formula" and supposedly gave away everything in the trailers, nobody was able to guess what actually happened in the movie.
I think that is a great ending in that the threat of the movie, even in the title is 'Ragnarok us coming' like it is a prophecy. If they would have actually stopped Ragnarok that would have been corny.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
yee have little faith

:picard:

Hulk is strongest there is!
:smokinsmokinweed:
5968284-thor+hype.gif

I know guys... but that big ass wolf dog caught me by surprise. I was on edge thinking somebody (else) wasn’t gonna make it. :mjcry: We lost Odin don’t take Bruce too.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
you just said something small that struck a chord -
"Thor lost his 3 best friends."

that was my #1 fault with with the movie. they could have shows his reaction to that. Hela could have made a comment in passing or something to really fire Thor up. something. anything. it was such a throwaway it was kinda insulting... but again, movie was awesome otherwise.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

that was my #1 fault with with the movie. they could have shows his reaction to that. Hela could have made a comment in passing or something to really fire Thor up. something. anything. it was such a throwaway it was kinda insulting... but again, movie was awesome otherwise.

They weren't killed in front of him for one and it ain't like Hela knew who they were to him when she killed them or after the fact either. He may have deduced that she killed them once he got to Asgard, but he obviously didn't have time to mourn or reflect on that shyt considering she was the present threat the moment that he got back.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Yea:jbhmm:

I feel you breh..... thats actually a logical gripe and I can agree with that.....

However

She killed these people when Thor was not even on the planet yet alone the galaxy.

And its already been established being that she was banished from Asgard for so many years and she doesnt know anyone there as they dont even know who she is.

I dont think she honestly had any idea she killed Thors closest friends no difference from all the other thousands of Asgardians she's killed and I dont really think she gave a fukk one way or another. They were beneath her and as far as she knows they were just average people.

So why should she bring that up? She never seen them interact she doesnt know the history. If she had brought it up, it wouldve kinda fukked things up cuz then the question would be "how did she know" then cats would be mad and saying they should should how she had all this information about Asgard and blah blah blah:patrice:

Martha

Conz

Superstar
Daps

I feel you breh..... thats actually a logical gripe and I can agree with that.....

However

She killed these people when Thor was not even on the planet yet alone the galaxy.

And its already been established being that she was banished from Asgard for so many years and she doesnt know anyone there as they dont even know who she is.

I dont think she honestly had any idea she killed Thors closest friends no difference from all the other thousands of Asgardians she's killed and I dont really think she gave a fukk one way or another. They were beneath her and as far as she knows they were just average people.

So why should she bring that up? She never seen them interact she doesnt know the history. If she had brought it up, it wouldve kinda fukked things up cuz then the question would be "how did she know" then cats would be mad and saying they should should how she had all this information about Asgard and blah blah blah:patrice:

Martha

i understand it didn't happen in front of him, and maybe he makes a comment in a future movie, but they still should have written something in about him finding out. Didn't have to be Hela just saying it (which is what she did the entire movie basically, she may have been the most exposition heavy character in MCU history) Say what you will about the first 2 Thor movies, but it's established these are his best friends. they should have shown some impact.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
i understand it didn't happen in front of him, and maybe he makes a comment in a future movie, but they still should have written something in about him finding out. Didn't have to be Hela just saying it (which is what she did the entire movie basically, she may have been the most exposition heavy character in MCU history) Say what you will about the first 2 Thor movies, but it's established these are his best friends. they should have shown some impact.

I gotcha and respect that.

Still wouldn’t make sense.

Ok barring Karl U’s character commenting on it ever.

The only other person who knew for a fact who they are and they were dead was him.

And when Thor got to Asgard as @Khalil's_Black_Excellence mentioned it was pretty much “ON SIGHT” when he saw her.

She didn’t know or care who they were to Thor and Skurge wasn’t about to say shyt in their presence nor was that thought probably on his mind. And later even he got killed.

I don’t really see a place where it would’ve logically fit. Now say if it was Loki that killed them, then yes, he knows the history, knows what they mean to Thor, and he’s petty to the point where it’s in his character to throw that jab in to hurt Thor.

Hela didn’t really seem like she was the petty type. She wasn’t there to play games.

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

However

Martha

It's all an issue of pacing. The film moves FAST, the characters have no time to actually stop and take stock of the events that have occurred. Every time Thor has a moment to sit and process what's happened something else jumps off.

Sometimes that's just how things are, a lot of shyt goes down and you don't have time to grasp the gravity of everything. With that said I understand people wanting to see Thor deal with all of death and destruction surrounding him.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good movie.

First time I actually gave a fukk about thor's character. I liked the growth he showed toward loki's antics and how their relationship developed at the end of the movie. The arc between those two is 4 movies long but it finally felt like it went to a satisfactory conclusion.

Hulk was dope, had the audience cracking up. Same with the rock dude, he had so many good lines. I do think the humor was a little overdone and it was toeing the line of being parodyishly over the top. Like when they had the fireworks going off and valkyrie does a slow motion model walk up to the zombie army :hmm:

Outside of that one part, Valkyrie was pretty good. Her introduction didn't have me think much of her despite being flashy but over time she really grows on you and stole a lot of scenes.

I really liked Hela. Shorty was a force of nature and I like her sexy sorceress walk when she's about to fight. Very good villian, she had a clear motivation, portrayed very strongly while the true extent of her power felt hard to pin down. It made the ragnarok ending more satisfying because the situation truly felt that desperate and it was set up well in the beginning of the movie. The actress for Hela did her damn thing.

Visually it captivated me. I like how marvel is adding more and more of these great visual sequences like flying over alien locales, space travel, dimension travel etc. Makes seeing these movies in 3d seem worth it.

Dr. Strange cameo was great

Loki was hilarious. His character is in a great spot now that he (hopefully) is no longer a focus. Him just being a troll and doing selfish mischievous shyt in the background works really well for him.