Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Just came back from seeing it.

I'm not a comic book dude but this was a good movie.

Hela is extremely powerful but with

Her smashing Thors hammer doesn't that limit the effectiveness going foward with the Thor or any Avenger movie he's in?

Also is their a backstory on Odin and his strength?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Her smashing Thors hammer doesn't that limit the effectiveness going foward with the Thor or any Avenger movie he's in?

It's a common misconception that Thor's powers come from his hammer. The reality is Thor by himself is a powerful god. That's what they wanted to hammer (no pun) home in this film.

Like Odin said, the Hammer was just way to help Thor Focus the powers he already had.

Did anybody else catch that Mojlnir originally belonged to Hela?

Hela is always uber powerful. Even in the comics she's more powerful than Thor and Loki.

In the comics Odin is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. Think about how powerful Thor, Loki, and Hela were, and all three were kept in check constantly by Odin.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thor Ragnarok is actually a deconstruction of the MCU Thor mythology and a sort of rebirth for the character and series.

As I said it's very much what Winter Soldier was for Captain America.

Hell, technically

Thor and the others don't actually win. They manage to escape, but they're not capable of beating Hela or Sutur, they just pit them against each other and run.

Thor loses his hammer, 3 of his best friends, his home, his father, his eye and none of those things are returned by the end of the film. The movie ends with Thor in a completely different place than he started and sets up the mythology to go into a completely new direction

For a film that's such a slave to the "Marvel formula" and supposedly gave away everything in the trailers, nobody was able to guess what actually happened in the movie.

Thats what kills me... I dont get how cats can say this movie there were no stakes, loss or etc to the protagonist with all that listed but yet in other movies where the hero barely fights his counter part villain, suffers no real lost and the stakes are something that really dont effect him as much but then people be like:ooh::ooh::ooh::ohlawd:

Martha

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This movie was fukking amazing. Homeboy who directed it killed it on so many levels.

this.

the director on this movie made good on a number of failed blockbuster formats.
that he should get credit and move onto other projects and give them quality when typically they would fail.

his ability to mesh all the multi-task directions and story arcs of this film.
while keeping the pacing at frentic, didn't realize how long it was till it was over style film made it a joy to watch.
plus, is so exciting i can see going back to view it again in the theatres and not dealing with a lull.

art barr

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

he not the god of hammers

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
It's a common misconception that Thor's powers come from his hammer. The reality is Thor by himself is a powerful god. That's what they wanted to hammer (no pun) home in this film.

Like Odin said, the Hammer was just way to help Thor Focus the powers he already had.

Did anybody else catch that Mojlnir originally belonged to Hela?
yeah
thats why she laughed at thor

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was super interested in the hela / asgard stuff but I'm also into norse mythology
Same here that's probably why I was disappointed with the actual Ragnarok. If they included Jörmangandr fight with Thor:wow:, it would've a nice easter egg if they had all three of Loki's children in the movie (Hel(a), Fenrir, and Jörmangandr were his children in the Mythology)

Last edited:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
this.

the director on this movie made good on a number of failed blockbuster formats.
that he should get credit and move onto other projects and give them quality when typically they would fail.

his ability to mesh all the multi-task directions and story arcs of this film.
while keeping the pacing at frentic, didn't realize how long it was till it was over style film made it a joy to watch.
plus, is so exciting i can see going back to view it again in the theatres and not dealing with a lull.

art barr

You should go check out "Hunt For The Wilderpeople" and "What We Do In The Shadows" by Taika Waititi if you haven't already. They're both straight comedy breh.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_oyt9qlFhaY1qc54mzo4_r2_540.gif

He's channeling leccy here, he shouldn't have been phased by that after the Hulk fight

You should have said this

Was this scene in the movie though.......i was waiting for it....didnt see it. Was the coolest part of the trailer.
I didnt even see the 4 warriors standing together in that cool shot like they showed in the trailers. Hulk Valkyrie Thor Loki.....they cut that part out too...I need to see this again.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this scene in the movie though.......i was waiting for it....didnt see it. Was the coolest part of the trailer.
I didnt even see the 4 warriors standing together in that cool shot like they showed in the trailers. Hulk Valkyrie Thor Loki.....they cut that part out too...I need to see this again.

Yea they cut a lot but i guess that shot of thor was to not spoil that he lost his eye in that scene plus the alleyway scene of hela breaking the hammer. Im guessing that scene was expensive cause the norway field cgi looked like some last minute youtube green screen shyt. They didnt show loki walkin flippin his knives in asgard or doing the spin move on the bridge

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This is an interesting discussion.

Ok so what could be done in your opinion to make this "great"?

Coming from a MCU fan who actually buys tickets for day one for every one of these films, I would say my number one suggestion would be not to undercut the gravity of the serious scenes with humor. That's all I'm asking. Every single time. The Winter Soldier is probably the only film that didn't use bathos humor to distract from serious events. I want Marvel to trust it's audience and understand we can handle a little seriousness. It's almost expected now that when someone dies or a planet gets destroyed, someone is gonna make a joke so you don't feel too bad about it. Just. Stop.