Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The motivations were done in the same vein that Jerry Bruckheimer productions do motivations.

I haven't seen every single Marvel movie, but Hela just seemed to come the fukk out of nowhere...i don't even recall her mentioned in previous films, but she can crush Mjolnir like nothing?

Cate Blanchett is on my pawg list now, but she's just the latest in the long line of woefully underutilized actors for the roles that they are cast for.

And don't get me wrong...the movie was entertaining as fukk. Worthy of buying a ticket to see and I will definitely look forward to future marvel productions. I'm just not expecting greatness, not anything to push the genre forward.

We can shyt on dc and Fox all day and as wack as some of their movies have been, I at least feel like they are trying to push the genre forward.

And you know what.... I actually agree with that and can see you're point, but in all fairness

Aint it always like that in sequels or trilogy of movies? Barring the ones where the bad guys are basically the same bad guys in the entire trilogy ala Mr. Smith in the Matrix trilogy?

I dont necessarily think that villains have to be hinted in say the 1st movie of a trilogy. On the rare case they do, I cant front it is cool but not something that is an absolute.

Every villain in the Wolverine trilogy came out of nowhere with really no mention in any flims and the 2nd villian cut Logans claws like it was nothing

And its not about bashing DC or Fox cuz... but Marvel kinda pushed the genre further when they started the MegaFranchise movement.

This shyt really havent been done before

As far as Kate, I'm not sure what more she really needed to do?:patrice:

Martha

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
And you know what.... I actually agree with that and can see you're point, but in all fairness

Aint it always like that in sequels or trilogy of movies? Barring the ones where the bad guys are basically the same bad guys in the entire trilogy ala Mr. Smith in the Matrix trilogy?

I dont necessarily think that villains have to be hinted in say the 1st movie of a trilogy. On the rare case they do, I cant front it is cool but not something that is an absolute.

Every villain in the Wolverine trilogy came out of nowhere with really no mention in any flims and the 2nd villian cut Logans claws like it was nothing

And its not about bashing DC or Fox cuz... but Marvel kinda pushed the genre further when they started the MegaFranchise movement.

This shyt really havent been done before

As far as Kate, I'm not sure what more she really needed to do?:patrice:

Martha

I thought "The Wolverine" was a great movie up until Silver Samurai's botched introduction was revealed. The movie tumbled so far down at that point.

Not every movie needs a Thanos-long build up, but some background in the beginning would help or some character development in the story would help.

Thor and Loki's sibling rivalry has been played up for four movies...and no mention that, oh hey wait...they had an older sister that used to kick ass and take over realms with their father for millenia...and for whatever reason she disappeared and reappeared after what I'm assuming is some random ass death of Odin...(I didn't fully watch "the dark world") so I don't know if he was dead all along or went missing...

I'm just saying...Bane popped out of no where...great villain with great motivations. General zod in MOS great villain with great motivations...Hela and Sitter...WTF and WTF did y'all come from and WTF should I care?

You can keep the comedy, because Chris Hemsworth does it well, and it low-key suits the films, but I'm not invested in any of these characters.

Thor's eye got ripped out for god sakes...and I really didn't care.

Short of Thor getting merked why would I care about any of these characters?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_inline_oywtwoyOEQ1qalop1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_oywu32MiXw1qfym0c_1280.jpg

:laff:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I thought "The Wolverine" was a great movie up until Silver Samurai's botched introduction was revealed. The movie tumbled so far down at that point.

Not every movie needs a Thanos-long build up, but some background in the beginning would help or some character development in the story would help.

Thor and Loki's sibling rivalry has been played up for four movies...and no mention that, oh hey wait...they had an older sister that used to kick ass and take over realms with their father for millenia...and for whatever reason she disappeared and reappeared after what I'm assuming is some random ass death of Odin...(I didn't fully watch "the dark world") so I don't know if he was dead all along or went missing...

I'm just saying...Bane popped out of no where...great villain with great motivations. General zod in MOS great villain with great motivations...Hela and Sitter...WTF and WTF did y'all come from and WTF should I care?

You can keep the comedy, because Chris Hemsworth does it well, and it low-key suits the films, but I'm not invested in any of these characters.

Thor's eye got ripped out for god sakes...and I really didn't care.

Short of Thor getting merked why would I care about any of these characters?

I gotcha....

Well to recap that, it was explained that yes she was Odin first and they did have this history together way before Thor and Loki were born but evidently she became so much of a threat that Odin banished her and practically erased all history of her in their realm.

To modernize this think about how Vince McMahon is pretty much erasing/erased all history or knowledge of Chris Benoit from his company but to an EXTREME level.

Did you not notice how shocked she was when she got there no one recognized her or knew who she was and why she was so pissed when she got to their castle and all imagery and records of her had been hidden or covered over?

They kinda touched that in the movie and they (Thor and Loki) cant really mention something that neither had any idea about and maybe one of the other few that even knew about it is of course their mother..... who is dead. Am I'm pretty sure to go to that extreme if the King doesnt want you to discuss something... you dont.

I dont know what more they couldve done to make the Hela character even more clear

Bane motivations?:patrice: Many have said he was basically and ultimately a simp who was in love and followed Talia's plan in the end. So if his motivation was p*ssy then:ehh: cant knock a man for being in love. The heart wants what the heart wants.:yeshrug:

General Zod motivation was essentially the exact same formu.... er.... thing as Hela's. To conquer (he wanted to conquer earth, she wants to conquer Asgard and the other realms outside of just 9).

And I feel you with the Thor thing but that perspective is IMO kinda dangerous because its too "Pandora Box-ish." Thats like asking whats the point of caring about the death of a major character in the 1st ep of a trilogy that you know for a 100% fact will be returning in the next few movies and even going to continue his/her own story/trilogy?

I wouldnt overthink that, just enjoy it and take it for what it is.

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the complaints that people have about these comic book movies makes me wonder if some people like ANY big budget mainstream movies. The "Marvel/Disney formula" that people keep complaining about is present in just about every big budget film.

If you wanna keep in 100 Logan is actually the most formulaic comic book movie of the year, and it's gotten by far the most praise and is being touted as "original" for some reason.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Some of the complaints that people have about these comic book movies makes me wonder if some people like ANY big budget mainstream movies. The "Marvel/Disney formula" that people keep complaining about is present in just about every big budget film.

If you wanna keep in 100 Logan is actually the most formulaic comic book movie of the year, and it's gotten by far the most praise and is being touted as "original" for some reason.

@FlyRy on his way to your crib right now to run the fade. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I don't even know where to begin :logan2:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even know where to begin :logan2:

Logan is a pistache of a bunch of different westerns with X-men paint slapped onto. They even referenced Shane in the movie since the film clearly lifts elements from it. It's a REALLY good movie, but not some revolutionary film that moved the genre forward.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

:russ:

Every single movie made has a "formula" but no one ever whines about that. Especially based on the genre whether ala slasher or found footage style horror... whats the differences in their formulas?

Matter fact lets take a look at Slashers specifically;

Typically they involve a violent psychopath stalking and murdering several people, usually with bladed tools.

Basically The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Halloween , Friday the 13th , A Nightmare on Elm Street , and Child's Play all have the same formula and can be said all are pretty much the same movie with different twist.

That shyt is getting asinine

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thor Ragnarok is actually a deconstruction of the MCU Thor mythology and a sort of rebirth for the character and series.

As I said it's very much what Winter Soldier was for Captain America.

Hell, technically

Thor and the others don't actually win. They manage to escape, but they're not capable of beating Hela or Sutur, they just pit them against each other and run.

Thor loses his hammer, 3 of his best friends, his home, his father, his eye and none of those things are returned by the end of the film. The movie ends with Thor in a completely different place than he started and sets up the mythology to go into a completely new direction

For a film that's such a slave to the "Marvel formula" and supposedly gave away everything in the trailers, nobody was able to guess what actually happened in the movie.