Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Went to see this before the games came on. Had to let it sink in. This shyt was FLLLLLAAAAMMMESSS!! Blew guardians 2 out the water for sure. I gotta hand it to the director, (can't think of his name right now) I didn't think he could direct action this well but my god this shyt was fantastic. Hela was dope af.
when she took that boy eye I knew she was a real problem :wow:
Was she deep or anything? No, but she posed a real fukking threat and was not to be taken lightly. What more could u ask for :ld:....I didn't laugh out loud a lot but the humor did keep a lil grin on my face. Some shyt had me DYING tho (a certain scene with banner will forever have me :deadrose:)......the women in this flick were sexy and awesome :ehh: I've nvr thought cate blanchett was a dime or nothin but nvr thought she was ugly either. I can safely say she was baaaaaaaaad in this shyt tho :noah: body was :takedat: and that long dark hair, my god! Tessa Thompson was dope in here as well but cate kinda had her beat in here for me :yeshrug:....all in all it's a 8/10 flick and first day bluray cop. Can't wait to see it again

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope movie, but the Hela/Raganarok parts were a buzzkill. Like others said, the Thor/Hulk scenes and everything in Sakaar was much more interesting and better done.

This is the first time I really cared for a MCU score as well. The 80s sounding music was dope.

i liked the ragnarok parts but like most said all the best spots were in the trailer already but hela was putting in work and murdered mad people so she one of the better villains to me and btw where was Sif?? Thor was his comic power level but loki is still nerfed. Isnt he almost or equel to dr strange and at the end when he went to the vault he shouldve just teleported there instead of taking the ship. On my 2nd view if i didnt see the leaked infinity war trailer i wouldve missed loki stopping when he saw the tesseract and jacking it only to give it to thanos later

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Kate blanchett looks sexy with black hair, its like her being the character Hela really upped her looks over 60%

I dont get whats not to like about the the Hela non Sakaar stuff... but its a free world and everyone has a right to nitpick I guess.

Martha

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Kate blanchett looks sexy with black hair, its like her being the character Hela really upped her looks over 60%

I dont get whats not to like about the the Hela non Sakaar stuff... but its a free world and everyone has a right to nitpick I guess.

Martha

The only downside I'd saw about the Non-Sakaar stuff was just that Sakaar itself was obvoiusly pumped up more than the Asgard/earth. Hela was pretty damn dope. Don't know why anyone would front on her. She had proper motivations and was a legit threat, did damage and Kate looked sexy as fukk playing the part and had very real presence and scene chewing/stealing moments whenever she was on screen.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
shyt was fire!
wat6rr.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The only downside I'd saw about the Non-Sakaar stuff was just that Sakaar itself was obvoiusly pumped up more than the Asgard/earth. Hela was pretty damn dope. Don't know why anyone would front on her. She had proper motivations and was a legit threat, did damage and Kate looked sexy as fukk playing the part and had very real presence and scene chewing/stealing moments whenever she was on screen.

Exactly, she was everything that peeps been nitpicking/complaining about for damn near 17 movies.

Her motivation was clear.

She showed extreme purpose in what she was after.

She didnt really play no games, it was either get down or lay down with her.

Martha

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Movie was good...

But not great. At this point I'm convinced marvel is not concerned with doing great movies.

This was entertaining as were most marvel movies, but I officially don't expect infinity war to be great.

I railed on X-men Apocalypse some months back for the lackluster way that franchise has been handled. I think the folks at Fox are just merely inept. I think the folks at Disney simply don't care.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Oscar material from a fukking comic book movie...but what I am expecting at this point is some depth to their stories. A universe this connected and I really feel nothing for any of the characters: no motivation, nothing. Marvel has a formula that they apply to every single movie and maybe I'm late, bit it's getting very old and very predictable.

All of these disney/marvel movies are the same with interchangeable characters. If that's what you want, cool...i'm sure you love the shyt Disney is shoveling to you. I get it, they are a business. But I'll never entertain the false idea that they are putting out a superior product. They aren't. A superior formula, sure.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
imo, i think hela took asgard, and imprisoned surtur and made what was left of asgard into hell.
which if what i think is right, it will make the whole thor journey to asgard and going through hell to get there in future movies fun.

Art Barr

That would be dope i didnt think of that since she gets her strength and power from asgard or that specific place in space so she would eventually win and make it Hel

:ohhh:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Movie was good...

But not great. At this point I'm convinced marvel is not concerned with doing great movies.

This was entertaining as were most marvel movies, but I officially don't expect infinity war to be great.

I railed on X-men Apocalypse some months back for the lackluster way that franchise has been handled. I think the folks at Fox are just merely inept. I think the folks at Disney simply don't care.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Oscar material from a fukking comic book movie...but what I am expecting at this point is some depth to their stories. A universe this connected and I really feel nothing for any of the characters: no motivation, nothing. Marvel has a formula that they apply to every single movie and maybe I'm late, bit it's getting very old and very predictable.

All of these disney/marvel movies are the same with interchangeable characters. If that's what you want, cool...i'm sure you love the shyt Disney is shoveling to you. I get it, they are a business. But I'll never entertain the false idea that they are putting out a superior product. They aren't. A superior formula, sure.

This is an interesting discussion.

Ok so what could be done in your opinion to make this "great"?

Also.... No Motivation?

Lets see;

Hela was motivated to reclaim her home and her stake at the crown which she thought she rightly deserved since she was Odin's 1st born;

Thor was motivated to find his father, then stop his sister from taking over the kingdom and ruling it, then getting back home when he was enslaved on Sakaar, then leading and saving his people from exile after their world is lost (thats 4 right there);

Loki was motivated to kinda have his place and stake at the throne and then later helping in the battle to defend his people;

Hulk was motivated to stay on Sakaar where he was celebrated vs being hated in his birth world and going to battle with other strong people;

Thats just the 4 main characters, so I'm kinda lost with that

Martha

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Movie was good...

@Mic-Nificent @Bryan Danielson It's the formula again brehs :mjpls:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is an interesting discussion.

Ok so what could be done in your opinion to make this "great"?

Also.... No Motivation?

Lets see;

Hela was motivated to reclaim her home and her stake at the crown which she thought she rightly deserved since she was Odin's 1st born;

Thor was motivated to find his father, then stop his sister from taking over the kingdom and ruling it, then getting back home when he was enslaved on Sakaar, then leading and saving his people from exile after their world is lost (thats 4 right there);

Loki was motivated to kinda have his place and stake at the throne and then later helping in the battle to defend his people;

Hulk was motivated to stay on Sakaar where he was celebrated vs being hated in his birth world and going to battle with other strong people;

Thats just the 4 main characters, so I'm kinda lost with that

Martha

The motivations were done in the same vein that Jerry Bruckheimer productions do motivations.

I haven't seen every single Marvel movie, but Hela just seemed to come the fukk out of nowhere...i don't even recall her mentioned in previous films, but she can crush Mjolnir like nothing?

Cate Blanchett is on my pawg list now, but she's just the latest in the long line of woefully underutilized actors for the roles that they are cast for.

And don't get me wrong...the movie was entertaining as fukk. Worthy of buying a ticket to see and I will definitely look forward to future marvel productions. I'm just not expecting greatness, not anything to push the genre forward.

We can shyt on dc and Fox all day and as wack as some of their movies have been, I at least feel like they are trying to push the genre forward.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
i dnt think the obedient discs tased persay, but more so probably attacked ur nerves by overcharging pain receptors so much that u cnt move cuz i never seen someone have weird viens getting tased :manny: but the electro net :patrice:. i wonder how strong valkrie is compared to mcu heavy hitters, she took out hulk and loki, tussled with hela and seems likely can handle thor but wld ultimately lose to him (and hulk, i assume the portal weakens people and after they just became cool).