Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Mark Ruffalo: 'HULK' Arc In THOR: RAGNAROK And INFINITY WAR “Will Feel Like A Solo Movie”

Before sharing thoughts on Joss Whedon leaving the MCU, Ruffalo talks enthusiastically about returning as Bruce Banner in Thor: Ragnarok andAvengers: Infinity War, with new directors at the helm.
24295461449_cef99ed808_b.jpg

As recent rumors suggest that Thor: Ragnarok will be partially based on the Planet Hulk/ World War Hulk storyline(s) from the comics, Mark Ruffalo has continued to tease his return as the Jade Giant not just in 2017 Marvel threequel, but also in the highly-anticipated two-part Avengers: Infinity War event. When Yahoo caught up with the three-time Academy Award-nominated actor at the Sundance Film Festival, the site had first asked about another solo Incredible Hulk movie which Ruffalo reassures isn’t happening.

“I’d love to do a Hulk movie, but that’s beyond my control,” Ruffalo explained. “It’s controlled by Universal [Pictures]. Marvel doesn’t even hold the rights to it. So, it’s not on the horizon. And I don’t know if it will be. But we have worked a really interesting arc into Thor 3, Avengers 3 and 4 for Banner that I think will – when it’s all added up – will feel like a Hulk movie, a standalone movie.” From this, it’s safer to say that the Incredible Hulk will appear in both Avengers: Infinity War movies, and that the studio already knows what is in store for Bruce Banner and his alter-ego. And with this character arc spanning three films, that sounds about right for a Planet Hulk/ World War Hulk adaptation.

When asked about his preparation for Thor: Ragnarok, which starts shooting in Australia this summer, Ruffalo said he’s not trying to get as fit as leading man Chris Hemsworth, but he is very enthusiastic about working with the director. “Taika Waititi’s coming in and I love him,” Mark fessed. “That’s a surprise and it fits part of this Marvel doing the unexpected, casting the unexpected, and now bringing in the unexpected for writer and director. I’m really interested in where that’s going. They’re writing the script now. I am thinking about it, I’m doing script meetings and stuff so we’re starting to prep it.”

During this very interview, Mark Ruffalo had also reflected on Avengers: Age of Ultron and how it was probably the last time that he’d be working with writer/director Joss Whedon on a Marvel movie. “Yeah, he basically told me it was [his last one] and I was like ‘goddamn it, you dragged me in to this world and now you’re abandoning me here!’” said Ruffalo of Whedon. “But they’re doing fine. Joss’ll do fine. I just miss him, and I will miss him. He cracked this character, he obviously cracked the Avengers which was nearly impossible. It was a miracle and he did it so beautifully.” However, the actor is still very much looking forward to playing the Hulk under someone else’s direction. And after Taika Waitit, it’ll be with Joe and Anthony Russo, who are helming Captain America: Civil Warand Avengers: Infinity War. “I think the Russo brothers are great and I think they’re well positioned to take it on, and I’m happy to be doing it with them, but I’m friends with Joss,” he reassured. “He had a hard time making the first one and he had a hard time making this one. I think it’s partially the nature of that beast.” What do you think?

Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled to open in theaters on November 3, 2017, whileAvengers: Infinity War – Part I is set to open May 4, 2018, and Part II on May 3, 2019.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Hulk's Role In Thor: Ragnarok Rumored
thorhulk-161164.jpg

According to Geek.com, Hulk’s involvement ties into another rumor that’s been circulating for a long time – the possibility of seeing Planet Hulk on screen:

Loki and Hela’s plan involves the major arc of the Marvel Universe, and just when it looks like Thor is about to put a stop to it, he gets banished — but not to any old planet. He ends up on a gladiatorial planet where his head is shaved and he’s forced to fight for his life. Let’s call this planet Sakaar, like it was in the comic books.

Thor knows that he has to get to some MacGuffin weapon object to defeat Hela and Loki (could this be the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos is in possession of, or maybe an assemblage of Infinity Stones?) and he has to get off the planet. Thor runs through all of his alien opponents in gladiatorial combat, even without his trademark hammer. Finally, Thor has to face the current champion of the arena, and wouldn’t you know who that ends up being? The Hulk.

The report goes on to say that the Hulk hasn’t reverted back to Bruce Banner sinceAvengers: Age of Ultron, but the two personas are beginning to merge, and so the Green Goliath recognizes Thor. It’s from here that Hulk and Thor begin the cosmic road trip the film has been billed as.

:ehh:
As long as they give a plausible explanation for him getting across the universe. The Quinjet aint making that trip.

tony stark sends hulk into space at the end of captain america, and he shows up in ragnorak ::banderas:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just watched what do we do in shadows.

I went in cold didn't even look it up first,as I had honestly never heard of it.

:leostare: i was shocked when I looked it up after and saw it was praised.

It was like a throwaway SNL skit that would be moderately funny for 5 minutes stretched out for 90 minutes.

Didn't find it particularly funny,besides a smirk here and there.

So he was a co-director on the film and co-writer,but he's not writing on Thor? The directing wasn't particularly good either,serviceable.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just watched what do we do in shadows.

I went in cold didn't even look it up first,as I had honestly never heard of it.

:leostare: i was shocked when I looked it up after and saw it was praised.

It was like a throwaway SNL skit that would be moderately funny for 5 minutes stretched out for 90 minutes.

Didn't find it particularly funny,besides a smirk here and there.

So he was a co-director on the film and co-writer,but he's not writing on Thor? The directing wasn't particularly good either,serviceable.

Stop hating, that shyt was awesome. SNL wishes that it could be as funny as that movie was for 5 minutes.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Taika Waititi Comments On ‘LOKI’ Return And Cate Blanchett As ‘HELA’ In THOR: RAGNAROK

Check out the latest from the director of Thor: Ragnarok, as he talks briefly about the God of Mischief, Cate Blanchett's casting, and why he's helming the Marvel threequel.

While making rounds to promote Hunt for the Wilderpeople at the Sundance Film Festival last week, Taika Waititi talked more about Thor: Ragnarok with Wired and SuperheroHype. More specifically, the director briefly discussed Tom Hiddleston’s return as Loki, as well as the possibility of Cate Blanchett portraying the villainess Hela, among other things.

24104625003_84483bf786_b.jpg

“At the moment, everyone’s trying to figure it out, like ‘What’s he going to do?’” said Taika Waititi of the God of Mischief. “Everyone loves that character.” Though it’s been all but confirmed that Cate Blanchett will be joining the cast of Thor: Ragnarok, Waititi gave a long pause before saying “Yes,” the Academy Award-winner is joining the Marvel threequel. “Look, it’s so early I’m not sure exactly what the extent of it is, but it’s looking good, which would make me very happy,” he said of Blanchett’s casting. About the rumors that she’ll be playing none other than Hela, Waititi was a bit more tight-lipped. “Yeah, the rumor … Here’s the thing. I can’t say anything. I’ve probably said way too much.”

When SuperheroHype asked Taika Waititi why he’s making the jump from indie movies to the big-budget likes of Thor: Ragnarok, the director sort of implied he’s experimenting. “I feel like for me to keep this filmmaking job interesting, I gotta change it all the time,”Waititi explained. “This is an opportunity for me to make something that’s so out of my usual go-to topics and style of filmmaking and make something that’s big and exciting and to test myself. This is the thing. I’m so relaxed in my life right now that it doesn’t matter what happens. I just feel like this is just a great opportunity to learn something. You gotta do that, you just gotta keep learning and that’s what this is for me.” As to why he chose a comic book movie, “Plus also I collected comics as a kid and what filmmaker doesn’t have somewhere in their head that question, ‘Can I do a blockbuster?'”

When asked how he plans to inject humor in a movie based on the Norse apocalypse, or rather the comic book event inspired by the Norse mythology, Taika Waititi laughed.“Nobody knows what Ragnarok is,” he said. “I started reading about the actual Norse Ragnarok and that’s even more insane than the comics. Crazy! But that’s what I’m going to really concentrate on, really make an effort to change the entire thing. For me, I want to treat this as if it was the first Thor film, so we’re going to redo it. You just have to flip it and freshen it up, like anything. It’s also part of a very well-established universe right now, but that’s why they got me.” Speaking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which could see Thor: Ragnarok set up Avengers: Infinity War, Waititi said he’s not concerned about the movies after his. “This is the cool thing is that anything goes in these early stages, ideas-wise, and we really are in the early stages,” he assured. What do you think?

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Mark Ruffalo, with Cate Blanchett and Anthony Hopkins, Thor: Ragnarok is set for release November 3, 2017.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
:wow:

tessa-thompson.jpg

Tessa Thompson Joins The Marvel Universe In ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
by Anita Busch

April 11, 2016 10:56am

Tessa Thompson (Creed) has just entered the MarvelUniverse. The young actress who will first star opposite Natalie Portman in Alex Garland’s Annihilation, will then segue to the next installment of Thor as Chris Hemsworth’s love interest. That film is expected to start production at the end of July.

RELATED
First Look At 'Doctor Strange' Coming Next Week As Marvel Characters Take Over 'Jimmy...

Sources tell Deadline that the character Thompson will play will be a kind of superhero and will appear in other Marvel films as well. Thompson is a regular in the HBO’s series Westworld opposite Anthony Hopkins which resumed production this week.

Thor: Ragnarok is being directed by Taika Waititi and also stars Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jamie Alexander, Mark Ruffalo and Lou Ferrigno. It’s scheduled to be released on November 3, 2017.

Thompson, who has been hotter than hot (Dear White People, Selma), is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency, Mosaic, and law firm Jackoway Tyerman.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Thompson gonna be valkeryie?!:ohhh:
:gladbron:Yoooooo if Marvel does that these cracker racist piece of shyt nerds are going to flip:whoo:. They couldn'teven take Idris as Heimdall :snoop:. Bring on the tears:myman:Must be Valkerie since Thor doesn't have a huge list of ladies in his life like that. Interesting choice and I'm curious about the other films she may appear in:lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hollywood Reporter saying Natalie Portman isn't returning :bryan:

Didn't see her name on deadline so yeah figured as much. I know she had issues returning to Thor 2 when they threw Patty Jenkins off the project. Like she was really heated about it but she'd already signed the contract and this was pre production. Not surprised she isn't back, either because they didn't want her or she didn't want to or both