Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No, but who isn't down for even funnier movies?
People that wan't to see them make better films?

Theres a lot of things they can do to improve the Thor films,cramming more jokes in is not one of them. They already have enough.

Thors visions in age of ultron pointed to something darker and sinister happening. I'd like to see them have a tone similar to winter soldier. You can have humour,but don't sacrifice quality for it.

If the director is looking at the first two films and thinks,hey we need more jokes then, oof,no thanks.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The theater receipts show that the audience felt the thors are just fine.

The false belief that "gritty" and "dark" = good :mjlol:
Doesn't need to be more gritty/dark, it just doesn't need to be AntMan or GOTG

Thor is already a pretty funny character in the MCU.. He doesn't need to be serious but not goofy... Giant t*ts was supposed to be the comic relief

But who knows, maybe it will work. CA:WS was great because it was suspenseful. Thor2 wasn't suspenseful at all.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People that wan't to see them make better films?

Theres a lot of things they can do to improve the Thor films,cramming more jokes in is not one of them. They already have enough.

Thors visions in age of ultron pointed to something darker and sinister happening. I'd like to see them have a tone similar to winter soldier. You can have humour,but don't sacrifice quality for it.

If the director is looking at the first two films and thinks,hey we need more jokes then, oof,no thanks.
I like the variety, you know Marvel hiring directors of different competencies. lol
Let Cap's trilogy be Cap's trilogy. Thor has had a playful comedic tone so far in his trilogy why change now? Taika for comedy is a great choice, I didn't see it but his last effort What Lurks in the Shadows that shyt got great reviews.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like the variety, you know Marvel hiring directors of different competencies. lol
Let Cap's trilogy be Cap's trilogy. Thor has had a playful comedic tone so far in his trilogy why change now? Taika for comedy is a great choice, I didn't see it but his last effort What Lurks in the Shadows that shyt got great reviews.
What We Do In The Shadows was an awesome movie and Taika is a funny dude. I had completely forgot he was directing Thor though. I think he can bring humor into the film without it being too forced or awkward.
tumblr_nkeagzQp8y1the9j9o1_500.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What We Do In The Shadows was an awesome movie and Taika is a funny dude. I had completely forgot he was directing Thor though. I think he can bring humor into the film without it being too forced or awkward.
Thanks for the title correction. Yeah, I will check it out when I can. I did see Eagle vs Shark though, he did that as well. Cool movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This movie was hilarious

Petyr :mjcry:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

This is frankly the only reason why I'm still rolling with the movie but Thor 3 doesn't need more humor, at best it needs better humor.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Hulk's Role In Thor: Ragnarok Rumored
thorhulk-161164.jpg

According to Geek.com, Hulk’s involvement ties into another rumor that’s been circulating for a long time – the possibility of seeing Planet Hulk on screen:

Loki and Hela’s plan involves the major arc of the Marvel Universe, and just when it looks like Thor is about to put a stop to it, he gets banished — but not to any old planet. He ends up on a gladiatorial planet where his head is shaved and he’s forced to fight for his life. Let’s call this planet Sakaar, like it was in the comic books.

Thor knows that he has to get to some MacGuffin weapon object to defeat Hela and Loki (could this be the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos is in possession of, or maybe an assemblage of Infinity Stones?) and he has to get off the planet. Thor runs through all of his alien opponents in gladiatorial combat, even without his trademark hammer. Finally, Thor has to face the current champion of the arena, and wouldn’t you know who that ends up being? The Hulk.

The report goes on to say that the Hulk hasn’t reverted back to Bruce Banner sinceAvengers: Age of Ultron, but the two personas are beginning to merge, and so the Green Goliath recognizes Thor. It’s from here that Hulk and Thor begin the cosmic road trip the film has been billed as.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:ehh:
As long as they give a plausible explanation for him getting across the universe. The Quinjet aint making that trip.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hulk's Role In Thor: Ragnarok Rumored
thorhulk-161164.jpg

According to Geek.com, Hulk’s involvement ties into another rumor that’s been circulating for a long time – the possibility of seeing Planet Hulk on screen:

Loki and Hela’s plan involves the major arc of the Marvel Universe, and just when it looks like Thor is about to put a stop to it, he gets banished — but not to any old planet. He ends up on a gladiatorial planet where his head is shaved and he’s forced to fight for his life. Let’s call this planet Sakaar, like it was in the comic books.

Thor knows that he has to get to some MacGuffin weapon object to defeat Hela and Loki (could this be the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos is in possession of, or maybe an assemblage of Infinity Stones?) and he has to get off the planet. Thor runs through all of his alien opponents in gladiatorial combat, even without his trademark hammer. Finally, Thor has to face the current champion of the arena, and wouldn’t you know who that ends up being? The Hulk.

The report goes on to say that the Hulk hasn’t reverted back to Bruce Banner sinceAvengers: Age of Ultron, but the two personas are beginning to merge, and so the Green Goliath recognizes Thor. It’s from here that Hulk and Thor begin the cosmic road trip the film has been billed as.
I don't see them shaving Hemsworth's head though.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is frankly the only reason why I'm still rolling with the movie but Thor 3 doesn't need more humor, at best it needs better humor.
Waititi and Jemaine Clements are also working on a spin-off of What We Do In The Shadows about werewolves called We're Wolves.