Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i didn't even see dude posted that. i've never watched deleted scenes despite owning all the marvel movies on bluray... i buy steelbooks and keep them in plastic like it's actually gonna be worth something :stopitslime:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
:lupe::lupe::lupe::lupe:

Exclusive: The big bads of Thor: Ragnarok, and the destruction they bring

cate-590x330.jpg

Beware, Geek.com has learned of and will be revealing some pretty big spoilers below for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok movie.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is adding some impressive talent to its growing roster of Avengers, directors, and villains that lure audiences back to the theater for another group of interconnected comic book movies. Doctor Strange will pair Benedict Cumberbatch with Tilda Swinton, and director Ryan Coogler, hot off Creed, has been handedthe Chadwick Boseman movie Black Panther. In a recent twist of A-List fate, we learned that Cate Blanchett, Oscar-nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for Carol this year, has been added to the cast ofThor: Ragnarok.

Not a lot has been made public about the third Thor movie and what we can expect to see. Mark Ruffalo has been officially added and will reprise his role as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. He was excited enough that Cate Blanchett was added to the cast that he let slip a tiny detail about Blanchett’s role. “I saw her at the Governor’s banquet here and heard that maybe she was circling, they were talking to her about the part,” said Ruffalo (via The Playlist), “so I ran up to her and I was like, ‘Please, please, please make this work!’ She’s just one of the best, and to have her play a baddie is going to be really exciting.”

The subtitle of Thor: Ragnarok doesn’t give much away as far as where director Taika Waititi is taking the Marvel Universe as Phase Three marches on towards Avengers: Infinity War. The Norse myth of Ragnarok has Odin fighting a giant wolf and a world serpent rising out of the Earth. Although that’d be cool, Thor: Ragnarok is going to take place mostly in space and, Odin was replaced by Loki in the previous film.

There’s also more recent Thor comic book storyline called “Ragnarok” where Loki teams up with Surtur, an Asgardian fire demon, and attacks Asgard with weapons made from the same mold as Thor’s hammer Mjolnir, but that didn’t concern itself with any Infinity Stones, and Cate Blanchett as Surtur seems like horrible casting.

Sources have confirmed with Geek.com that the big bad of Thor: Ragnarok will be Hela, the Marvel comic book character who is the ruler of Hel and the realm of Niflheim. Considering Ruffalo let slip that Blanchett will play a baddie, it’s probably safe to assume that she’ll assume the role of Hela. She’ll be her normal comic book self, complete with her cloak and power over the dead souls of the Nine Realms. Hela will make it to Asgard, where she’ll be in cahoots with Tom Hiddleston’s Loki, current motives unknown.

Cate Blanchett as Hela, by artist Xteve Abanto.

There has been speculation that the character of Hela could replace the physical embodiment of Death that Mad Titan Thanos falls in love with when he obtains the Infinity Gauntlet in the comic books on which the Avengers: Infinity War movies are loosely based. The general thought is that having a character representing Death suddenly appear in a big Avengers movie would be more confusing to audiences than a character they already know represents Death from a previous movie. Though now that Cate Blanchett is likely Hela, who wouldn’t want this to be true just to see Blanchett and Josh Brolin (who will be playing Thanos) repel dozens of Avengers?

In Thor: Ragnarok, Hela and Loki will have set their plan well in motion by the time Thor gets wise to what’s going on. Hela ends up creating the incident to Thor’s journey in the film. According to our sources, when Thor confronts Hela, things do not go well. Not only does she banish Thor from Asgard, but she destroys Mjolnir!

If you remember Cate Blanchett as Galadriel from The Fellowship of the Ring (in that moment where she turns dark and terrible when she considers the power the One Ring would give her), then you know how awesome it’s going to be to have Blanchett appear as a character with that amount of power in Asgard. Or, you could be a Tom Hiddleston fan who also liked Carol, and the idea of Blanchett and Hiddleston mustache-twirling through a space fantasy sounds like fun.

The point is that Cate Blanchett as Hela increases the probability of a win scenario for this movie by a large margin.

Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters November 3, 2017, and remember: the movie is far away, and things could change between now and then.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:lupe::lupe::lupe::lupe:

Exclusive: The big bads of Thor: Ragnarok, and the destruction they bring

cate-590x330.jpg

Beware, Geek.com has learned of and will be revealing some pretty big spoilers below for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok movie.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is adding some impressive talent to its growing roster of Avengers, directors, and villains that lure audiences back to the theater for another group of interconnected comic book movies. Doctor Strange will pair Benedict Cumberbatch with Tilda Swinton, and director Ryan Coogler, hot off Creed, has been handedthe Chadwick Boseman movie Black Panther. In a recent twist of A-List fate, we learned that Cate Blanchett, Oscar-nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role for Carol this year, has been added to the cast ofThor: Ragnarok.

Not a lot has been made public about the third Thor movie and what we can expect to see. Mark Ruffalo has been officially added and will reprise his role as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. He was excited enough that Cate Blanchett was added to the cast that he let slip a tiny detail about Blanchett’s role. “I saw her at the Governor’s banquet here and heard that maybe she was circling, they were talking to her about the part,” said Ruffalo (via The Playlist), “so I ran up to her and I was like, ‘Please, please, please make this work!’ She’s just one of the best, and to have her play a baddie is going to be really exciting.”

The subtitle of Thor: Ragnarok doesn’t give much away as far as where director Taika Waititi is taking the Marvel Universe as Phase Three marches on towards Avengers: Infinity War. The Norse myth of Ragnarok has Odin fighting a giant wolf and a world serpent rising out of the Earth. Although that’d be cool, Thor: Ragnarok is going to take place mostly in space and, Odin was replaced by Loki in the previous film.

There’s also more recent Thor comic book storyline called “Ragnarok” where Loki teams up with Surtur, an Asgardian fire demon, and attacks Asgard with weapons made from the same mold as Thor’s hammer Mjolnir, but that didn’t concern itself with any Infinity Stones, and Cate Blanchett as Surtur seems like horrible casting.

Sources have confirmed with Geek.com that the big bad of Thor: Ragnarok will be Hela, the Marvel comic book character who is the ruler of Hel and the realm of Niflheim. Considering Ruffalo let slip that Blanchett will play a baddie, it’s probably safe to assume that she’ll assume the role of Hela. She’ll be her normal comic book self, complete with her cloak and power over the dead souls of the Nine Realms. Hela will make it to Asgard, where she’ll be in cahoots with Tom Hiddleston’s Loki, current motives unknown.

There has been speculation that the character of Hela could replace the physical embodiment of Death that Mad Titan Thanos falls in love with when he obtains the Infinity Gauntlet in the comic books on which the Avengers: Infinity War movies are loosely based. The general thought is that having a character representing Death suddenly appear in a big Avengers movie would be more confusing to audiences than a character they already know represents Death from a previous movie. Though now that Cate Blanchett is likely Hela, who wouldn’t want this to be true just to see Blanchett and Josh Brolin (who will be playing Thanos) repel dozens of Avengers?

In Thor: Ragnarok, Hela and Loki will have set their plan well in motion by the time Thor gets wise to what’s going on. Hela ends up creating the incident to Thor’s journey in the film. According to our sources, when Thor confronts Hela, things do not go well. Not only does she banish Thor from Asgard, but she destroys Mjolnir!

If you remember Cate Blanchett as Galadriel from The Fellowship of the Ring (in that moment where she turns dark and terrible when she considers the power the One Ring would give her), then you know how awesome it’s going to be to have Blanchett appear as a character with that amount of power in Asgard. Or, you could be a Tom Hiddleston fan who also liked Carol, and the idea of Blanchett and Hiddleston mustache-twirling through a space fantasy sounds like fun.

The point is that Cate Blanchett as Hela increases the probability of a win scenario for this movie by a large margin.

Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters November 3, 2017, and remember: the movie is far away, and things could change between now and then.

Not a huge fan of the actress but she is definitely competent. I like what they might do with her character though. :lupe:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Director Taika Waititi talk about 'THOR RAGNAROK'

Taika Waititi's new movie, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, had its worldwide debut at the Sundance Film Festival over the weekend, and is gaining rave reviews. In a interview to Crave Online, besides other interesting things, the director finally talked a little about the upcoming Thor sequel.

4833284-untitled-1.jpg

Director Taika Waititi has very good (but little known) movies in his resume, like "Boy" and "What we do in the Shadows". His movies mingle comedy and drama perfectly with a lot of heart and aparently his new movie, Hunt for the Wilder People, follows the same path. The movie is gaining rave reviews in Sundance Festival Film and after many jokes in others interviews, like his potential approach to Thor Sequel: "Just shake the camera a lot. ... And carrot sticks instead of real food." and "“I'll take the second (Thor) film and just add some jokes to that", the hilarious director did a little more serious interview to Crave Online.

I know you can’t talk much about it, but you’re transitioning. You’re doing the Sundance movies and now you’re doing the giant blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok. How much freedom is there for you to innovate like that?

Well, I guess we’ll see once we get on set. I think on set it’s a different story. It’s basically about coming in under budget. [Laughs.] That’s all it’s about. If you come in under budget and on time you can do what you want, really. Just stick to what the idea of the story is. I always do that. And I’ve talked a lot about my style and the way I work on set, which is very improvisational. I make up a lot of shots on the spot sometimes but I always have a plan. I always plan what I’m going to do and then I’ll throw that plan away when I see what the actors want to do, and then we have to come to a common ground and figure that out.

Is there a danger with that, once you get a huge budget, where you can just say “We’ll add it in CGI and we’ll figure it out later?”

There will definitely be that danger, yeah, but as much as possible I like to shoot practically and on locations. This will be very different for me but luckily I’ve done a lot of commercials before, some big ones, so I’m used to changing pace on bigger sets. There’s a lot of waiting around, and nobody likes to wait around while they’re setting up green screens and weird CG stuff. But yeah, these movies are so big that they have to.

Did they come to you or did you have to pitch them?

They came to me and asked me to pitch.

Did you pitch Thor or did you pitch them something random?

No, I was asked to pitch on Thor. They watched Shadows obviously, and they watched Boy, and I think the combination of those two films, you get that I wasn’t just like a crazy comedy director or too dramatic. They wanted to weave a little bit away from that.

What was your take on it that was so successful? What did the other directors not tell them?

I have no idea, actually. I have no idea. I did a sizzle reel for the tone, and some joke stuff.

What sort of stuff is on the sizzle reel for something like this? I remember Kenneth Branagh kept talking about David Lynch’s Dune, and you can see it in the sets. I’m curious what came to your mind.

I don’t even know… Basically how I pitched it was like, he just needs to be the most interesting character.

That would be nice. I think we missed that last time.

Yeah, if you’re going to call the movie Thor, Thor has to be the best character.

Or “Ragnarok” has to be the best character, I suppose.

Right!

Just introduce a new guy.

There you go!

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you mean a woman who does not return your affections?
that works in any universe.

Isnt Hela Loki's daughter??? Would def make sense to have loki play the mephisto role in infinity war and to keep thanos from snapping his neck when he hit asgard for the tesseract