Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished episode 8, which kinda actually dragged for me until the last 10-15 minutes but by the ending had me like:whoo:

Liked this season more overall, the pacing and dialogue didn’t feel as slow. I’m not familiar with the books and only played the games a little. Def excited for season 3 now.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Ran through all 8 episodes in a few days, story dragged a bit here and there but it held me all the way through :ehh:

Some of the time skips were :dead: It's easier to swallow if you just imagine them using portals to get around 24/7 :pachaha:

Everywhere Geralt, Ciri and Yen go chaos and calamity follow :francis: I know my boy Jaskier's like "damn how I get caught up in this shyt :beli:"

Feels like that fukkery has only begun to scratch the surface after that final reveal too:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
As long they can course correct for season 3 with getting real writers instead of Netflix interns. The Wild Hunt should save the show.

Just disappointed how the show just didn't improve from season 1 besides getting money thrown at it to look better.

so like….. I never played the games (though a few months back after hearing sine peeps rave about TW3 I recently copped that but ain’t got to it yet)

From seasons 1-2, how much of that follows the games?

Like I literally came into watching this show absolutely blind, not familiar with any of the characters, the lord, the politics, this world or anything

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished S2, enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st season :ehh:

Main strength to me was the relationship between Geralt and Ciri. You really could feel the bond between the 2.

The whole monster hunter thing helps it stand out from other fantasy series, and there were some good battles this season.

The Yennifer/Geralt relationship is weird to me still, from the whole genie wish thing in S1 and Yennifer not sure if their feelings are really genuine or because of the wish. Their dynamic by the end at least seems functional.

A lot of lore going on surrounding the hunt for Ciri and her origins.

Not sure why they hate the elves so much, since they look human besides the ears :picard:

If the show can continue to improve each season :ehh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why they hate the elves so much, since they look human besides the ears :picard:

Considering the dumb ass reasons why races hate each other IRL, I buy it. :manny: But yeah they should explore that because it seems like humans in the Witcher universe just came in aggro as fukk with the :mjpls:

At least in the Dragon Age games there's a legit reason why the beef between humans and elves is everlasting and not one sided.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so like….. I never played the games (though a few months back after hearing sine peeps rave about TW3 I recently copped that but ain’t got to it yet)

From seasons 1-2, how much of that follows the games?

Like I literally came into watching this show absolutely blind, not familiar with any of the characters, the lord, the politics, this world or anything

everything in the show so far happens way before the games, the show is currently going through the book stories

but the games carry on very faithfully the overall story/lore/characters so you will see the game plots carry out over seasons 4/5/6/7

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
everything in the show so far happens way before the games, the show is currently going through the book stories

but the games carry on very faithfully the overall story/lore/characters so you will see the game plots carry out over seasons 4/5/6/7
Doubt it, i think there was like 8 books and they are planning to do 7 seasons. The first season was a combination of the two short story collection books. The second was based fully on the blood of elves book.
They probably just going to following the book plot overall until its conclusion and just use the game for visual cues and easter eggs llike they've been doing so far.