Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay episode 4 was the first time I was somewhat confused.

What the fukk exactly was going on with that dinner and the aftermath? :dwillhuh:

Still enjoying the show. .

in the simplest way I can put it..

“the law of surprise” is pretty much sealing ones destiny, for saving her fathers life years ago hedgehog man was offered the law of surprise, so he was gifted by fate something in return of equal value, in this case it was the fathers daughter (ciri’s mom), ciri’s grandmother (the queen) at the time didn’t believe in all that and went to kill him but her daughters power activated when she tried to prevent it, Geralt didn’t wanna accept a reward from hedgehog man for saving his life at the start of that whole brawl, so Geralt, who also didn’t believe in fate/destiny at the time humoured him and just said fukk it I’ll take the law of surprise too since it doesn't exist, this unknowingly tied his fate to the daughter and hedgehog mans future child...ciri

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
in the simplest way I can put it..

“the law of surprise” is pretty much sealing ones destiny, for saving her fathers life years ago hedgehog man was offered the law of surprise, so he was gifted by fate something in return of equal value, in this case it was the fathers daughter (ciri’s mom), ciri’s grandmother (the queen) at the time didn’t believe in all that and went to kill him but her daughters power activated when she tried to prevent it, Geralt didn’t wanna accept a reward from hedgehog man for saving his life at the start of that whole brawl, so Geralt, who also didn’t believe in fate/destiny at the time humoured him and just said fukk it I’ll take the law of surprise too since it doesn't exist, this unknowingly tied his fate to the daughter and hedgehog mans future child...ciri

This is mostly right but I don't think it's necessarily something of equal value. Asking for the Law Of Surprise is damn near like playing the lottery. You lay claim to the next great thing (could be bountiful crops, could be riches, or the fate of someone) that happens in someone's life.

Also there seems to be karmic rules to it, since agreeing to a Law Of Surprise, then reneging, seems to have disastrous consequences.

Fred.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is mostly right but I don't think it's necessarily something of equal value. Asking for the Law Of Surprise is damn near like playing the lottery. You lay claim to the next great thing (could be bountiful crops, could be riches, or the fate of someone) that happens in someone's life.

Also there seems to be karmic rules to it, since agreeing to a Law Of Surprise, then reneging, seems to have disastrous consequences.

Fred.

Yup you got it, I was close

Danny Ocean

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
So do they just basically get to own their child or do they become some sort of Godparent I don't quite understand that

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Enjoyed it overall. Ending of EP 5 did make me laugh, though. Loved the camera work in the Geralt/Renfri fight scene. Cavill did great as Geralt, and it's cool to hear that he actually bombarded Netflix on getting this role for years.

Lots of potential. Season 2 should be huge now given the numbers.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Finished the series tonight. Loved it. Even started up a New Game+ for Witcher 3 :wow:

Forgot all the controls and getting washed by wild dogs and griffons :mjcry: