Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Wow. He really gave that as an answer?

:beli:

ive heard nothing from that guy to make me believe he isn't an a$$hole, and ive seen nothing to make me think he's a great writer. speak on the comic all you want, if it was so amazing, the show would be too. Gotta be the luckiest dude in entertainment right now. Peddling out recycled crap to millions of retards (including myself for some reason) and running to the bank with it.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:ufdup:

No to :deadhorse: on this issue but you're both right actually.

At least according to Kirkman. He said so in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. So unless we are open to the possibility that he is a liar (which pretty much makes anything else the creator has to say about the show invalid) then we have to take him at his word:

EW: I suspect a lot of people who are coming across the story of The Walking Dead for the first time would have thought that the guy-wakes-from-coma-to-discover-that-the-world-has-been-overrun-by-zombies plot was very similar to 28 Days Later. Presumably you had seen that film when you wrote the first issue of the comic?
RK: No. Welcome to my life seven years ago. It was complete coincidence. I saw 28 Days Later shortly before the first issue of Walking Dead was released. That first issue came out in October of 2003 and 28 Days Later was released in the States in June of 2003. So we were working on our second issue by the time I saw it. It was going to be a matter of somehow trying to restage the entire first issue, because it was a very similar coma opening. I made a decision—which I pretty much regret at this point—I said, “You know what? It’s so different [from that point on], I will probably never hear anything about this.” And I was wrong.

EW: So when you saw the movie you must have thought, “Oh s—!”
RK: Yeah. It was a little annoying. But great minds think alike, right?

FULL INTERVIEW HERE

He's also said on record that he wrote the script for the first issue long before it was drawn and released. There was no way he could have known about 28 Days Later which in itself has an opening paying an homage to Day of the Triffids (1962) as was The Walking Dead. He said all this in the Letters Section of the comics. Can't recall which issue.

:ohhh:

You are acting like, 28 days later was not filmed previously.
Plus, it did not receive pr and press on the premise.
Way before its release.

So, spare me kirkman's deflection.
Just like twd had development time.
28days later also has pr and development time.
So, kill the bullshyt.

tHe entire interest and draw from twd's.
Whole shyt got life from the draw of 28days later's festival run and the subsequent draw and interest it generated.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ive heard nothing from that guy to make me believe he isn't an a$$hole, and ive seen nothing to make me think he's a great writer. speak on the comic all you want, if it was so amazing, the show would be too. Gotta be the luckiest dude in entertainment right now. Peddling out recycled crap to millions of retards (including myself for some reason) and running to the bank with it.

@Conz

Ayo,....
What is the link to that hating ass review rant site of this show.
I liked reading that hater-filled take on Twd.
I like reading the other side of the spectrum of this show.

Art Barr

Last edited by a moderator:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
@Conz

Ayo,....
What is the link to that hating ass review rant site of this show.
I liked reading that hater-filled take on Twd.
I like reading the other side of the spectrum of this show.

Art Barr

it was videogum, but they stopped doing it. not because the show was better, the dude just said it was exhausting or something.

I wrote a short about the show last year from the zombie's perspective. wanted to do more, but just like that guy, just didn't give enough of a shyt. if anyone has 5 minutes https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2a1F6mo53AScjJWSE12Ql9LWUU/edit?usp=sharing and yes, I realize how hypocritical I am for ripping on a successful writer

Last edited by a moderator:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
You are acting like, 28 days later was not filmed previously.
Plus, it did not receive pr and press on the premise.
Way before its release.

So, spare me kirkman's deflection.
Just like twd had development time.
28days later also has pr and development time.
So, kill the bullshyt.

tHe entire interest and draw from twd's.
Whole shyt got life from the draw of 28days later's festival run and the subsequent draw and interest it generated.

Art Barr

Film/TV production is my day job so I know its entirely possible that Kirkman didn't know. The new Tom Cruise movie OBLIVION comes out soon and we have no idea how it begins, so how can someone copy the opening of a film they haven't seen? All I'm saying is that its possible.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

:what: :mindblown:

Stop speaking on things you know nothing about

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
it was videogum, but they stopped doing it. not because the show was better, the dude just said it was exhausting or something.

I wrote a short about the show last year from the zombie's perspective. wanted to do more, but just like that guy, just didn't give enough of a shyt. if anyone has 5 minutes https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2a1F6mo53AScjJWSE12Ql9LWUU/edit?usp=sharing and yes, I realize how hypocritical I am for ripping on a successful writer

LMAO...just read some of this...funny stuff...true the show is popular but its not immune to criticism. Big Bang Theory, Bones and CSI are also popular and top rated but they are not really good shows compared to the more interesting shows discussed on this website.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glen and Maggies shooting :scusthov:

I can't wait till Carl gets gunned down or bitten

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glen and Maggies shooting :scusthov:

I can't wait till Carl gets gunned down or bitten

03634557779748216686.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Film/TV production is my day job so I know its entirely possible that Kirkman didn't know. The new Tom Cruise movie OBLIVION comes out soon and we have no idea how it begins, so how can someone copy the opening of a film they haven't seen? All I'm saying is that its possible.

show is good, comic is better.

my girl read 68 issues in a week and she is really enjoying it.