Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
carl is the only last real nikka left :why:

dude lookin at his pops like :what: fukk are all these old folks doing here?

Chandler Riggs is a shytty actor I have never liked his portrayal of Carl, would love to see the Governor stick a grenade in his mouth and feed his entrails to the nearest zombie.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Film/TV production is my day job so I know its entirely possible that Kirkman didn't know. The new Tom Cruise movie OBLIVION comes out soon and we have no idea how it begins, so how can someone copy the opening of a film they haven't seen? All I'm saying is that its possible.

where in Atlanta do you work in Film/TV production?

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
where in Atlanta do you work in Film/TV production?

Downtown. Production Company Pyramid Pictures. Worked on a bunch of shows here, not The Walking Dead though. Met Andrew Lincoln and David Morrissey while they were filming here though. Good Guys. Andrew ONLY speaks in his American Accent while in production, says it throws him off to go back and forth. :ld:

I told them both that I like Season Three, didn't like Season Two. But this was only after 4 episodes in...If I saw them again today, different conversation. LOL

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
i would like for them to one day explain how zombies are scientifically possible....the CDC episode tried to touch on it a bit but it was so brief, i'd wish they'd go more into that instead of having stories about them beefing with other survivors all the time.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i would like for them to one day explain how zombies are scientifically possible....the CDC episode tried to touch on it a bit but it was so brief, i'd wish they'd go more into that instead of having stories about them beefing with other survivors all the time.

i think that's when you jump the shark, trying to explain the unexplainable. i've always preferred the ambiguous "hell is full, now the dead walk the earth" religious pretense.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGtZ9Oqcwc[/ame]

edit: or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTpbJCVNHro#t=45m40s

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Read the Day by Day Armageddon books, pretty good series.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
i think that's when you jump the shark, trying to explain the unexplainable. i've always preferred the ambiguous "hell is full, now the dead walk the earth" religious pretense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGtZ9Oqcwc

I kinda disagree. I actually liked the CDC stuff unlike many people...It made the show feel bigger, more realistic. That's one of the first places I would think to go too, even if I didn't make it. I seriously doubt that six months after the end of civilization people would ONLY be interested in camping out and learning how to wash clothes in a river (as depicted on the show). Even if they slowly explained it in some of creative way, it would expand the scope of the show. Its gonna end one day, it can't last 20 seasons like The Simpsons.

I think the show (and comic book) lacks a direction or purpose. Never feels like its leading to anything, just treading water. Same old cycle. For example in the comics:

When they first met Abraham and set out for that base in DC based on the word of that one dude, I was like, "Finally, a mission, a journey." Then that fell apart and it was back to the same old routine.

LOST was also about survival but it had the end goal of getting off the island. The end goal for this series could be finally finding out what ended life as they knew it, what the cause of it was...But then again, they built up an end goal for this last season and completely dropped the ball, so maybe these writers just aren't good at that kind of extended planning.

As it stands now the series finale episode will look no different than a any random episode from any given season.

I have no idea what they have planned for Season 4 but I bet it will be more creative zombie kills, more random cameos of survivors who don't join the group for whatever reason and a new human "boss level" threat that builds for the season until the final episode.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I kinda disagree. I actually liked the CDC stuff unlike many people...It made the show feel bigger, more realistic. That's one of the first places I would think to go too, even if I didn't make it. I seriously doubt that six months after the end of civilization people would ONLY be interested in camping out and learning how to wash clothes in a river (as depicted on the show). Even if they slowly explained it in some of creative way, it would expand the scope of the show. Its gonna end one day, it can't last 20 seasons like The Simpsons.

I think the show (and comic book) lacks a direction or purpose. Never feels like its leading to anything, just treading water. Same old cycle. For example in the comics:

When they first met Abraham and set out for that base in DC based on the word of that one dude, I was like, "Finally, a mission, a journey." Then that fell apart and it was back to the same old routine.

LOST was also about survival but it had the end goal of getting off the island. The end goal for this series could be finally finding out what ended life as they knew it, what the cause of it was...But then again, they built up an end goal for this last season and completely dropped the ball, so maybe these writers just aren't good at that kind of extended planning.

As it stands now the series finale episode will look no different than a any random episode from any given season.

I have no idea what they have planned for Season 4 but I bet it will be more creative zombie kills, more random cameos of survivors who don't join the group for whatever reason and a new human "boss level" threat that builds for the season until the final episode.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

i understand what you're saying but i think it's more realistic to worry about basic needs and creature comforts as opposed to trying to seek out the CDC. it's never been the goal to find out what's causing zombies, or how to cure or fix the problem. i'd rather TWD remain completely open ended, keep it about survival. that way the show can go on indefinitely w/o viewers being constantly riddled by unanswered questions -- like LOST.

i like the idea of it being biblical. no biological warfare, no parasites, just straight up fukk y'all from the Big Man upstairs. i don't even believe in god, but if such a scenario happened; i'd have to reconsider my beliefs. ultimately, i think rick is going to die in the comics, and it'll become a story about carl. that's the only way to freshen up the comics, and the show if it does numbers.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
i understand what you're saying but i think it's more realistic to worry about basic needs and creature comforts as opposed to trying to seek out the CDC. it's never been the goal to find out what's causing zombies, or how to cure or fix the problem. i'd rather TWD remain completely open ended, keep it about survival. that way the show can go on indefinitely w/o viewers being constantly riddled by unanswered questions -- like LOST.

i like the idea of it being biblical. no biological warfare, no parasites, just straight up fukk y'all from the Big Man upstairs. i don't even believe in god, but if such a scenario happened; i'd have to reconsider my beliefs. ultimately, i think rick is going to die in the comics, and it'll become a story about carl. that's the only way to freshen up the comics, and the show if it does numbers.

Creature comforts is interesting for a few episodes, not five seasons...Its a TV show, its gotta expand scope or else it'll get dull...On the other hand they can't go too far or they'll end up like Heroes did.

If its Biblical in origin, then let the show explore that. This idea that NO ONE seems interested in what caused the end of civilization...to even discuss it?! (this includes Milton: the science geek coincidentally with the science geek name) I'd rather a season of asking those questions than the season we had of the Rick/Lori/Shane love-baby triangle soap opera and looking for Sophia.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
it was videogum, but they stopped doing it. not because the show was better, the dude just said it was exhausting or something.

These Videogum recaps are brilliant/hilarious. I used to like the Season 2 finale until I read this, lmao

In hindsight, it really is ridiculous that they drive around in circles shooting randomly. Rick and Carl had a HUGE head start but run to the barn instead of farmhouse b/c there are too many zombies only to easily run to farmhouse literally five minutes later with the same amount of zombies around. Lori being shocked that Rick killed Shane when 2 eps earlier she basically told him to do just that.

At this point, I get enjoyment analyzing the flaws in the show. :yeshrug:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
These Videogum recaps are brilliant/hilarious. I used to like the Season 2 finale until I read this, lmao

In hindsight, it really is ridiculous that they drive around in circles shooting randomly. Rick and Carl had a HUGE head start but run to the barn instead of farmhouse b/c there are too many zombies only to easily run to farmhouse literally five minutes later with the same amount of zombies around. Lori being shocked that Rick killed Shane when 2 eps earlier she basically told him to do just that.

At this point, I get enjoyment analyzing the flaws in the show. :yeshrug:

its the only way to watch the show. when people stick up for this show with (what im assuming is a) straight face, they just sound like retards. You cannot sit here and pretend this show is well written and as compelling as some make it out to be. i know some people who love it too, and all i do is argue with them, usually swaying them a bit by the end of said argument.

Tom Shady

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about andrea getting bit by miltion even though she got loose, and it hit me he just turned so he was stronger than the zombies who had her wrapped around the tree. :ohhh: