Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh jesus, this means they're gonna pump these awful stories, characters and writing out for two more seasons.

Its like Tyler Perry, he keeps winning so sees no need to improve on anything. :snoop:

See Below:

'Walking Dead' finale breaks series records
by James Hibberd

The Walking Dead has done it again.

The third season finale of the AMC zombie hit delivered another series-high rating Sunday night — despite the Easter holiday (when TV viewership tends to dip) and despite airing head-to-head against the premiere of another geek-titan series (HBO’s Game of Thrones — which also set a series record last night).

The finale was seen by 12.4 million viewers, just barely edging out the show’s previous record viewership of 12.3 million from its February mid-season premiere. The show also had 8.1 million adults 18-49, making it the week’s top program. This is close to yesterday’s ratings prediction and continues the show’s trend of setting new records for each of its season finales.

The Walking Dead has been a ratings phenomenon this season, averaging a 5.6 rating among adults 18-49 — higher than any other show on television.

Also, AMC indulged in a bit of smack-talk against Thrones. AMC pointed out that its post-Walking Dead talk show The Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick delivered more viewers (5.2 million) than the first telecast of the Thrones premiere.

i'm glad it's still doing numbers though. if ratings dropped, they'd find more creative ways to take it out of the budget while maintaining profit. i want to see how the new show runner does as well.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DWRRmVJ.jpg

cot damn .. maggie is bad ass bish :wow:

Who is that behind Carl? Brunette Andrea from Woodbury?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
DWRRmVJ.jpg

cot damn .. maggie is bad ass bish :wow:

The actress who plays Maggie had a role on Chuck back in the day...I was in love with that bytch...as soon as I saw her on the walking dead I said "please don't kill her anytime soon...let me bask in it"

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Not as much action as I was expecting, but a solid finale. Carl's character progression would be much more compelling to me if the actor that plays him didn't suck. Subtly, the cinematography and presentation of this show has gotten better lately. Not season 1 levels, but better. Taking the people in is a stark contrast to when he ignored the hitchhiker on the side of the road. I don't think it's a coincidence he stopped seeing Lori right then. Killing Andrea is good for the show I think. As is possibly introducing more characters. The further they go away from the comics the easier it'll be for cats to realize it's its own thing. Not that that'll stop lame nikkas from tuning in for the express purpose of complaining. Cliffhanger or not, there's much more potent piff on TV for me to have been dying for season 4 to get here. I'll definitely tune in tho. :manny:

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
built up a whole season for a war that never happened...the worst season finale of a show i ever seen

will not be watching season 4, this show is awful

Agreed that it was a pretty weak finale and 2nd half of the season as a whole but i'm gonna quote you on this when you come crawling back as soon as season 4 starts :russ:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:wtf:
How does any of this apply to what I said? I'm talking about Rick's character specifically and this finale. Rick's behavior all season has been jokes. Thats what people are complaining about. How long they gonna keep Lori's ghost going? I've been reading the comics since the beginning but that has no weight when it comes to the show. And comic fans aren't the only ones with gripes breh. There are plenty of Coli fam on here that haven't read one page of the comics and got legit complaints too. You're constantly projecting and saying something "possibly" could happen but we don't know that. All we have to go off of it what we have now.

This show is not in any way perfect but you cats are trying to paint it that way. People can bytch all they want cuz it's their opinion. Just like it's your opinion that every zombie movie has to follow some Romero formula. Shaun of the Dead didn't exactly follow Romero's formula but it was a great dark comedy. All I did was point out a legit complaint about the horrible inconsistencies in Rick's character.

Ya'll acting like this the only show people complain about. Margaret on Boardwalk Empire gets shytted on regularly.
Lotta cats hated Jesse from Breaking Bad in the first couple of seasons. Now they love him. And don't get me started on Skylar :aicmon:

please, don't get started on Skylar and breaking bad.
As it has nuffin to do with the zombie genre whatsoever.

breaking bad I do not watch.
Yet, I know it is about dealing meth.
Meth has nuffin to do with Romero, twd or zombies, period.
So, stay on topic.
If you wanna discuss those characters to to the bb thread.
First off,...
If you actually knew about the genre.
Then you would know where Romero fits into this.
fukk you mean,...
Every zombie movie does not have to follow Romero.
Goof ass nikka,....
Every zombie movie follows romero's template dumbass.
Do you know who the fukk ,George Romero is, goofie!

One,......
Shaun of the dad does follow traces of Romero.

Go look them up, yourself.
Next,....
If you saw 28days later and the crazies.
You would know rick is a mixture of jack psychologically, from 28 days later.
Mixed with a dumbed down timothy olyphant's character and The save my wife at all cost above anything else arc from the most recent crazies.
If you knew that you would stfu about Rick's leadership.
As anyone who seen those movies, already knows what time it is when it comes to rick as a leader.
shyt,...in the season premiere rick is half on point, in the shootout.
Which is how he winds up in a coma.
After just previously checking a fellow deputy to unlatch the safety on his gun.
Then gets capped before the aftermath of the roadblock/shootout is fully secure.
which shows he has issues with being on point all the time.
Then predating that just before the radio goes berserk about the roadblock.
Shane and rick are talking about how p-whipped and troublesome Rick's life with lori is.
That also, leads to Carl being shoved in the middle.
While seeing things children should not be exposed to.
So, you complaining is just you running your mouth about shyt that has been established by legacy in the genre.
Plus, by the actual consistent actions of the fukking character for the entire duration as a definate for the entire run of the fukking show.
So, what the fukk are you saying except.
You know muffin about the genre, whatsoever.
Plus, you did not read what I wrote about the genre, previously.
cause I already stated this.
Plus, you know nuffin about staples of the genre.
Then, just wanna complain and run your mouth after you get exposed and checked.
To get re-checked again,....
Stfu,....and go brush up on the genre and the source material.
Including, staples in the genre used as the template and character models for the show.
you are trying to apply plain b-movie horror logic to a genre.
That etched out its own logic and rubrick back in 1968.
That has always been the staple and features the only psychology and social dynamic greatly done in the horror genre.
Which shows you know nuffin about this genre.
So, till you do.
Stfu, cause you sound ignorant as fukk, stoopid!

Art Barr