Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Tom Shady

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And on the flipside Carol served absolutely ZERO purpose this season, a lot of the time i forgot that she was still around, we got zero character development out of her. They need to do something with her or kill her off cause she has no strengths as a member of the group and is basically dead weight at this point.
carol is the only woman who was a mother she's there for the baby

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I meant from a purely character perspective, not moral.

She's been boring for most of the season.
:heh: she's a black chick with dreads and a samurai sword she don't need to say shyt and she'd still be entertaining. Lol at only finding her redeeming once she started apologising n smiling to whitey tho.:mjpls:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:heh: she's a black chick with dreads and a samurai sword she don't need to say shyt and she'd still be entertaining. Lol at only finding her redeeming once she started apologising n smiling to whitey tho.:mjpls:

She wasn't "apologizing" to Meryl...she got inside his head and talked her way out of being handed over to the Governor. Daryl chipped away a little bit, but she ultimately finished the job.

The whole "why is she so quiet" thing COULD HAVE worked. But the writers fukked it up. We only found out why she was being so stern because a producer had to come out and implicitly state it in an interview.

You can try to pull some :mjpls: shyt, but I think that her best scenes this season came from her trip with Rick/Carl, and the scenes with Meryl. If you want to play that game....she used to be an angry black woman that was scowling all the time, but now she's an actual person with some emotion....:pacspit: :ufdup:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Season Finale was ok to me, could've been MUCH better. We should've gotten a bigger payoff after the slow build to what was suppose to be a colossal war. I feel like as a whole the zombies took a MAJOR step backwards this season especially the latter half of this season, they didn't fight off and kill nearly as much walkers as they did in the prior seasons, they aren't even the main focus anymore, it just seems like the group was way too content with being housed inside of the prison.

I miss Lori brehs :to: I wish they didn't kill her off so soon. Her character and her infidelity issues added an interesting subplot to the show that they somehow haven't been able to replace. And on the flipside Carol served absolutely ZERO purpose this season, a lot of the time i forgot that she was still around, we got zero character development out of her. They need to do something with her or kill her off cause she has no strengths as a member of the group and is basically dead weight at this point.
Give it some time......somebody's gotta take Deryl's virginity :youngsabo:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
BF_ZOMBIEthatshiphop.jpg

got this in my email cause of some email list i am on for music :scusthov:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
She wasn't "apologizing" to Meryl...she got inside his head and talked her way out of being handed over to the Governor. Daryl chipped away a little bit, but she ultimately finished the job.

The whole "why is she so quiet" thing COULD HAVE worked. But the writers fukked it up. We only found out why she was being so stern because a producer had to come out and implicitly state it in an interview.

You can try to pull some :mjpls: shyt, but I think that her best scenes this season came from her trip with Rick/Carl, and the scenes with Meryl. If you want to play that game....she used to be an angry black woman that was scowling all the time, but now she's an actual person with some emotion....:pacspit: :ufdup:

she also kinda played the Governor earlier in the season, when she was asking him all the right questions about the stuff they took from the National Guard. she's very smart and manipulative. I guess it makes sense since she was a lawyer

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
what is your favorite zombie movie art barr?

mine is dawn of the dead :blessed:

Dawn-of-the-Dead.jpg

the speed of the rage virus zombie, in 28 days later is to much for me to ignore.
i do like the original dawn of the dead as my second pick.

my favorite zombie/horror heros of all time are:

naomi harris = 28 days later
jada pinkett = tales from the crypt
joe = second version of the crazies

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it was a pretty anti-climatic episode. TWD is the only show i've seen that'll make their female characters so unlikeable, they have to be killed off.

i like the duality to make female characters the bane of existence on the same level as a male character.
if we were in the zombie apocalypse.
plus had a society where a married guy was the leader.
he could possibly have a female who took to the belief.

power, trickled down to her and she could be someone who made existence hell.
to the point, people were plotting to off her.

so i like that part about this.
it is dope because they have a female heroine on par with one of the greatest all time in a horror genre.
then, they have some of the most annoying of all time as well.

great duality......

art barr

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
she also kinda played the Governor earlier in the season, when she was asking him all the right questions about the stuff they took from the National Guard. she's very smart and manipulative. I guess it makes sense since she was a lawyer

:ohhh:

So her and Andrea were both lawyers?

I don't think they talked about Michonne being a lawyer in the show yet....:lawd:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not reading all this but God bless you for caring about this show enough to try to justify and use mental acrobatics to explain this mess. You're like a doctor in a inner city hospital treating gangbangers with bullet wounds who've killed women and kids in the past.

But please stop comparing this show to Zombie movies. Kirkman has repeatedly said this show is about AFTER the zombie movie is over. It's supposed to be about the people, the characters. But the writing isn't strong enough for us to care about these folks, even when Zombies aren't around. Not to mention the character inconsistencies and contradictions after long speeches.

They've had 20 Hours to set up characters where movies only have 90 minutes. By that rationale, they shouldn't need fans like you writing dissertations to fill in missing character gaps. The Wire had lower ratings and less money but had great writing and character development. We cared about the cops, the crooks AND the kids.

the writing of the wire was based on actual events and way better pedigree of writers.
this series from the comic to the show.
is based on trying to make a series on a rubrick set by romero.
plus any other great submissions recently and historically in the genre after night of the living dead.
shyt....
the highway in season two,..the first shot is just like the highway scene in an xbox zombie video game sequel.

all good great zombie movie horror stuff is based on oneupmanship of romero and any other high quality romero like submission.

that has always been apart of the draw for zombie movies.
it is totally present here,..that is why the walking dead draws well.
this show totally gets,...
when we can not do what the book does.
which is a total lift of characters melded together from 28days later, dawn of the dead, and other zombie high quality recent and older franchises.
the staff and writers and location scouts will make a homage to other great zombie styled projects.
that is why i totally get and love this show.
watching this show is getting a what if somebody paid attention to this genre well enough.
to give you all the good stuff, that has historically occurred in the genre.....

that is why this show is excellent.

to make excellent zombie content,..you have to historically outdo romero and the other high quality submission pay homage.
this show expertly does that every episode.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Rick looking :flabbynsick: after Carl destroys his soul :wow:

Rick STILL seeing ghosts...c'mon man :snoop:

Where the fukk are all those team Rick apologists that was giving me shyt 10-15 pages back when I was shyttin' on his crappy ass leadership?

Shane told him he not built for this world. Merle told him he not built for this world. And now Carl telling him the same damn thing. The writers are fukking this up. Rick killed the dudes in the bar no problem but saves Randall. He killed the dude in the prison no problem but coppin pleas after Carl kills the enemy. Make up ya fukkin mind man. The writing for this show is :gag::trash:

i notice you did not recognize.
they setup the prison.
so tyrese lived and quite possibly we get the dual headed leadership of tyrese and rick leading.
that everyone who reads the book to watches the show as has asked for.
to the point,...
that the show has figured out how to have tyrese live.
whereas tyrese was off'd to the dismay and distaste of anyone who reads the comic.

the show,...actually listened to the fanbase and gave them what they objectively asked for.
plus built up the governor, so he was safe for tv.
on top of explaining the population of the prison and building it value by explaining all the resources the prison acquired.

all the gripes the comic fans asked for were fixed with the magic of television.
noobs to the show got to see the development of a great villain in a tv setting.
plus, the possibility of a black guy as the leader, opposite rick.
where we could still get the story of michionne/tyrese.
plus, the possible natural union of carol/darryl.
on top of glenn, maggie....
plus, the integration of the sociopathic nature of carl.
being amoungst other kids, where he is easily more advanced and adept to this world.
which is all stuff people have campaigned for who read the comic.

i really do not see the displeasure.
with the possibility of these things being directly on the horizon next season in the fall.

people are just bytching because they either do not know the genre.
or, expecting tv to allow an extreme of a character that could never be on tv.
then when they find a great well written effective solution for a horror based zombie show.
which is written on par, with all the top quality submissions of the genre.
while paying supreme homage to the genre and an effective way to adapt the source material to tv.
you have people bytching and moaning.
i do not get their gripes,..if you are educated about this genre and this franchise.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What is going to do with 3 men? 2 who are shook to death of him, he will be back with more men for sure but that will take time, also the prison will have changed by then, with more people in it, they will have it up and running smoothly, Rick has at least 9 shooters on his team now, you do understand why the Gov shoot his troops, he wanted everyone in Woodbury to die, Ty and his sister up 24/7 shootwing walkers:rudy: , he knew what he was doing, he didn't a crap about that town. He wasted 20 men, still more than Ricks team. I would have gutted the town for supplies and fortified the prison to where it was in the comics, a place worth fighting for.

on the real
the show just setup,..the prison being a real place of value with an actual explained backstory.
with an antagonist who has heat that was developed for tv over the course of the content of the show.
ready made from the source material for tv.
yet, you still have people bytching about it.

shyt is hilarious.........

art barr