Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
4lFyRzH.gif

what

You're the greatest.......
In a world where, no merle will be given....

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The blog is on point in many ways. He's telling it like it is: The show is entertaining but its not perfect. The acting on the show is hit or miss. I love when people say: "Its the greatest show ever...but its not an HBO show so don't judge it the same." You can't have it both ways. Its either PERFECT in every way or its not. And there's nothing wrong with that.

As far as zombie, or even horror is concerned.
The walking dead is actually a near perfect watch.
If you know Romero and zombies,.....
Then, you really can not have a complaint except for the second season's administrative and executive hiccup.
Which caused the season to do what it could to be ongoing.
Given the circumstances,...
That is the only bad gripe.
Yet, if you watch any great zombie movie,...
After, the night of the living dead.
Especially, the aforementioned 28 days later.
All good zombie movies have an extremely long lull period.
That is used to explain and build some social chemistry with the characters and the audience.
So, you can still use the lull, caused by the admin/exec hiccups of the walking dead in season two.
As, that lull period, that generally occurs.

For me,...season two was not unbearable as most have seen it.
Yet, I actually enjoy tye zombie genre more than most.
So, I am experienced and neve mind that lull period others who commonly are general fans dread.
As a matter of fact,...
I also, see the second season as needed.
To pull herschel's character out of his sheltered religious bubble.
Which in real life, you would have an awful time in a zombie apocalypse with a bible thumper as part of your group.
Let alone, being in charge.
Especially when it came to shelter, to other intangibles.
On top of having a lost child and the leader being solely responsible for her loss.
So, I see the time period and circumstances of season two as necessary.
So, I am not as harsh in season two.
As other casual zombie fans of twd have been.

Imo, twd is one of the most perfect genre shows ever made.
Especially when judged exactly against other zombie genre specific material.
Of which none have been on television in this manner ever before.

Art Barr

Raph

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a nice show I like it. You know you get a good show when you rewind parts to see it again. Like when you'd rewind Omar or Marlo in the wire or when Rick was on some 'You made me do this... YOU MADE ME DO THIS' shyt.

Also Daryl is the man, I'm glad they created the part for the man.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
People will complain but overall its a great show. I think some fans constantly look at Game of Thrones and how great it is being damn near a carbon copy of the book. Where TWD has done the complete opposite so it's easier to tear down and eat away at the mistakes.

Others that complain about the original comic book fans complaints just need to stop. They aren't going anywhere and its like that with every book/novel/play that gets made into a show or movie. Millions of Twilight fans can complain about how great the books are and how trash the movies are. Thats just the way it is.

I think the show has done a lot of things right, especially with Shane, Merle and Darryl. Its just the black folks they fukking up on :snoop:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finish watching all 3 seasons online the past 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the season finale in real time this Sunday.

Last episode was the first time I felt sorry for a racist on TV. What is the true back story on the Governor? I still don't really know his true motivation.

Also, they didn't explain why the military was stranded in the field.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I just finish watching all 3 seasons online the past 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the season finale in real time this Sunday.

Last episode was the first time I felt sorry for a racist on TV. What is the true back story on the Governor? I still don't really know his true motivation.
He is a madman, to really understand his back story you will need to read the comics, in that he was far more brutal and out of control where he was a shoot first think second guy, in the show he is more Jim Jones preacher type.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
THINGS RUINED IN SEASON 3 OF THE WALKING DEAD:

1. Zombies becoming magical Ninjas that remain quiet until they're standing right behind characters
2. Managing to make Lori more annoying in death than in life
3. Rick becoming an even more indecisive "leader" than before (even Carl said he should stop being the leader)
4. Rick being in more scenes with his dead wife than his newborn baby
5. Opportunity for Andrea's reunion with the group being a "Big Moment" for the viewer squandered by her being a horrible unrealistic character this season
6. Hype for Michonne's character ruined by bad writing (or should I say lack of writing since she never has any lines)
7. Everything about Tyrese's introduction and "Yessah, Boss man" character (Why even name him Tyrese?)
8. The depiction of every non-white character on the show (except Martinez)
9. Woodberry depicted as wholesome Mayberry R.F.D.
10. Unbelievable Governor transition from Andy Griffith to The Terminator
11. Not establishing why this one Prison cell block is worth fighting for (no running water, heat, AC, beds, electricity, generators, entertainment, etc). There are other Prisons in GA.
12. Not making passage of time clear (its only been under two weeks in show time since Glen/Maggie were kidnapped)
13. Not making distances traveled clear (After traveling for two seasons, Rick and Michonne drive back to the small town featured in the pilot episode in a day-trip. Woodberry is walking distance from Prison when in reality, NOTHING is within walking distance in GA, real talk)
14. Characters making stern decisions only to 180 reverse position after long boring dialogue scenes (Governor giving out guns to Woodberry, then taking them all back/Tyrese deciding to leave Woodberry, then begging to stay/Pretty much everything Rick has made a decision about)
15. Not having Rick become more aggressive and hardcore like Shane during his "Ricktatorship"
16. The group's inability to ration food. They're already out even though they found a stockpile at the prison.

The list goes on...Season 4 will hopefully fix all of these issues

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
He is a madman, to really understand his back story you will need to read the comics, in that he was far more brutal and out of control where he was a shoot first think second guy, in the show he is more Jim Jones preacher type.

Surprised I haven't seen anybody talk about the novel "rise of the governor"

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Surprised I haven't seen anybody talk about the novel "rise of the governor"
The comic Gov is too real for TV, on HBO that would pass but not on AMC, from the jump, they had to tone him down and still make him scary, in the comic, you knew he was not playing games from the jump.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
The comic Gov is too real for TV, on HBO that would pass but not on AMC, from the jump, they had to tone him down and still make him scary, in the comic, you knew he was not playing games from the jump.

Yea can't front dude had me on some :ohhh: when reading the comics bro

yea they toned him down od on the show but I don't mind tho

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Yea can't front dude had me on some :ohhh: when reading the comics bro

yea they toned him down od on the show but I don't mind tho
The Gov was the ultimate madman, in that prison arc, not one character was left unscathed by him, think about it, this guy affected everybody from both sides, i don't think a character has ever done that before. A guy not shook of people or zombies, just out of his mind doing whatever he wanted.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
THINGS RUINED IN SEASON 3 OF THE WALKING DEAD:

1. Zombies becoming magical Ninjas that remain quiet until they're standing right behind characters
2. Managing to make Lori more annoying in death than in life
3. Rick becoming an even more indecisive "leader" than before (even Carl said he should stop being the leader)
4. Rick being in more scenes with his dead wife than his newborn baby
5. Opportunity for Andrea's reunion with the group being a "Big Moment" for the viewer squandered by her being a horrible unrealistic character this season
6. Hype for Michonne's character ruined by bad writing (or should I say lack of writing since she never has any lines)
7. Everything about Tyrese's introduction and "Yessah, Boss man" character (Why even name him Tyrese?)
8. The depiction of every non-white character on the show (except Martinez)
9. Woodberry depicted as wholesome Mayberry R.F.D.
10. Unbelievable Governor transition from Andy Griffith to The Terminator
11. Not establishing why this one Prison cell block is worth fighting for (no running water, heat, AC, beds, electricity, generators, entertainment, etc). There are other Prisons in GA.
12. Not making passage of time clear (its only been under two weeks in show time since Glen/Maggie were kidnapped)
13. Not making distances traveled clear (After traveling for two seasons, Rick and Michonne drive back to the small town featured in the pilot episode in a day-trip. Woodberry is walking distance from Prison when in reality, NOTHING is within walking distance in GA, real talk)
14. Characters making stern decisions only to 180 reverse position after long boring dialogue scenes (Governor giving out guns to Woodberry, then taking them all back/Tyrese deciding to leave Woodberry, then begging to stay/Pretty much everything Rick has made a decision about)
15. Not having Rick become more aggressive and hardcore like Shane during his "Ricktatorship"

The list goes on...Season 4 will hopefully fix all of these issues

I feel you on that list but, a lot of that shyt I would overlook if the 3rd season didn't have so much fukking filler. I swear it feels like the story be taking forever to get where it's going and nothing really noteworthy happens during some episodes. It's like the show moves so slow at times it kinda forces you to look at meaningless shyt like whether the grass is looking too neat for a zombie apocalypse or how zombies be taking naps until you make a sound or something.

Other than that it's still a good show. I guess Spartacus got a nikka spoiled because you can enjoy just about any random episode and see some :ooh: type epic shyt, whereas TWD you only got a handful of episodes like that this season.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you on that list but, a lot of that shyt I would overlook if the 3rd season didn't have so much fukking filler. I swear it feels like the story be taking forever to get where it's going and nothing really noteworthy happens during some episodes. It's like the show moves so slow at times it kinda forces you to look at meaningless shyt like whether the grass is looking too neat for a zombie apocalypse or how zombies be taking naps until you make a sound or something.

Other than that it's still a good show. I guess Spartacus got a nikka spoiled because you can enjoy just about any random episode and see some :ooh: type epic shyt, whereas TWD you only got a handful of episodes like that this season.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing about everyone hair. All the Black guys have fresh line ups. Rick and the other guys beards are freshly lined up. :heh: I was thinking there was no way everybody hair would be that neat in those conditions.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i know its a shytty gripe but it annoys me how all the grass is freshly cut. it's been a year of this shyt, who the fukk is cuttin all their lawns

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
How everybody have clean nails and hands in a zombie apocalypse?

How the females on the show keep their ends so neat?

How come nobody have chapped lips?

:troll: