Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You nailed every single thing wrong with the series in one post. Respect.

That truly wasn't my intention. I don't want to get that reputation in this thread as someone who rips this show every week but some stuff is so glaring I just have to comment on it. Like I said it was a pretty decent episode but the filler and useless dialog that leads to nowhere and just takes up time irritates me. I hope the new writer has more episodes like this one (did he do Clear also?) and we have more character development throughout more episodes.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Here's another reason why the writing is lazy. They arbitrarily change how far Woodberry is from the Prison. One episode it takes days on foot to get there, the next episode it takes hours in a truck. Last episode, Merle and Michonne left early afternoon were walking AND driving and they made it waaayyyy before dark. When Andrea was being chased by the Governor, she was walking/running both day AND night...but when she made the same hike a couple episodes earlier TOWING A FREAKING ZOMBIE WITH HER it took just a few hours! :stopitslime:

This might seem like nitpicking but its just stuff like that stands out when the characters are just as inconsistent as the distance between the two major locations of the season (Rick's Behavior, Andrea's Behavior, Tyrese's behavior, etc). True, on the show "24" every place Jack needed to go was conveniently 15 minutes away, but at least the characters, drama and twists were better written, even in their filler episodes. Maybe TWD writers need to change the opening credits to a map like in Game Of Thrones.

Creator of scifi/action series OSIRIS. OsirisTheSeries.com Get Some.

vdhp.gif

Yeah that does stand out to me as well. I mentioned it after watching the last episode with Andrea running from the Governor.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Canโ€™t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Here's another reason why the writing is lazy. They arbitrarily change how far Woodberry is from the Prison. One episode it takes days on foot to get there, the next episode it takes hours in a truck. Last episode, Merle and Michonne left early afternoon were walking AND driving and they made it waaayyyy before dark. When Andrea was being chased by the Governor, she was walking/running both day AND night...but when she made the same hike a couple episodes earlier TOWING A FREAKING ZOMBIE WITH HER it took just a few hours! :stopitslime:

This might seem like nitpicking but its just stuff like that stands out when the characters are just as inconsistent as the distance between the two major locations of the season (Rick's Behavior, Andrea's Behavior, Tyrese's behavior, etc). True, on the show "24" every place Jack needed to go was conveniently 15 minutes away, but at least the characters, drama and twists were better written, even in their filler episodes. Maybe TWD writers need to change the opening credits to a map like in Game Of Thrones.

vdhp.gif

honestly...why do you nikkas complain about shyt like this?

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Let me get this straight...Andrea was FOR killing Randall for the slim chance to save the group...But she CAN'T kill the Governor which would definitely save the group...:yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you can't assume people are making a b-line, or using the same route, between the Prison and Woodbury. I understand why people might call it "sloppy writing", but at the same time it doesn't present any kind of real contradiction that couldn't be easily explained

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
you can't assume people are making a b-line, or using the same route, between the Prison and Woodbury. I understand why people might call it "sloppy writing", but at the same time it doesn't present any kind of real contradiction that couldn't be easily explained

Yeah when you are in a rush to get somewhere ON FOOT in a world filled with Zombies, the best thing to do is take the long way or a route you've never been on before. :shaq2:

MidniteJay

็„กๆ•ต
Supporter
Daps
Anyone felt a bit of catharsis seeing Ben get clapped in the neck and later eaten by zombie Merle? :guilty:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Y'all nikkaz complain about the sillest shyt man...its a fukking tv show...how do y'all cats enjoy fiction shows?

I can def complain about bigger things on this show...but even at its worst the show is entertaining. Its a guilty pleasure. We just wish it was on the level of Breaking Bad and other better written shows.

vdhp.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
episoide was crazy :wow:

the first 1-8 episodes were very strong. kinds got slow 8-15.

hit or miss but still entertaining.

niccas on here need to stop bytching and complaining though....its toxic and :scusthov: