Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rick's flip flopping can be reasoned due to the fact that he's insane. Do the pocket knife. Do the pocket knife. My mommy says I'm three and a half... We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. RUFF RUFF RUFF

:dwillhuh:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
another good episode...this one is almost up there with the one where michonne and carl got that picture...merle gone...my favorite racist besides cm punk is dead :to:

You really put that Morgan episode over this? I thought that one was mad overrated. 2nd or 3rd best in season 3, but I thought this most recent one was near perfect.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Randall tried to kill them thinking they were a threat. He wasn't inherently evil like the Governor. It's completely different.

You can't be serious, the dudes in the bar demanded to join the group and tried to kill Rick. Rick won. Randall was part of the same group and tried to kill Rick. It don't matter what someone thinks when they trying to kill you...all that matters is they are trying to kill you.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what:

I'm just glad this episode was good. It sucks that one of the better actors got killed in it but shyt, you never know if you'll get a good episode from week to week in this series so...

:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Contrived and unnecesary...what's contrived about a dude being given a choice and deliberating about it? They showed the Guv offering Rick the deal so how is it unnecessary to show Rick thinking about it and seeing what comes of it? The Governor wanting Michonne was foreshadowed since the first half of the season. I don't see why they should have skipped over this whole little arc considering that.

I explained why I thought it was contrived and unnecessary:
So my issue has more to do with it being bad writing/plotting than whether it was realistic for Rick to act this way.

The deliberation should have ended after he told Herschel about the offer and then followed it up with his estimation that The Governor was full of shyt and wouldn't honor the deal. 10 seconds is all the show should have spent on it instead of this waste of time that we got. Which is why I called it a bad example of a plot contrivance. We could have just as easily gotten to the point where we are now without the tortured indecision.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
reading the last 3 pages, it looks like most comments are coming from ppl who are pissed the show didnt go the way they wanted it to. some suggestions would have made these last episodes predictable has hell. this isnt a cheap zombie flick, its critically acclaimed series; plot/character development are necessary.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You really put that Morgan episode over this? I thought that one was mad overrated. 2nd or 3rd best in season 3, but I thought this most recent one was near perfect.

The "Clear" episode is prolly my favorite as well.

The dialog was dope, the revelation that Morgan went insane, the booby traps, the reality of them leaving that loner on the side of the road... but then stoppin' to scoop up his bag on the way back

:wow:

One of the few that I could watch again IMO.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Breh I peeped the sig and :salute:

It warms the heart and personally inspires me as an aspiring writer to see young brothers out there in the realm of creative entertainment trying to do something different from the stereotypical Tyler Perry bullshyt. We need that desperately.

Very dope and hopefully just the start of things to come. Will check out the series.

Thanks Homie!! Means a lot!

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I explained why I thought it was contrived and unnecessary:

The deliberation should have ended after he told Herschel about the offer and then followed it up with his estimation that The Governor was full of shyt and wouldn't honor the deal. 10 seconds is all the show should have spent on it instead of this waste of time that we got. Which is why I called it a bad example of a plot contrivance. We could have just as easily gotten to the point where we are now without the tortured indecision.

One thing that I wish they did with Rick's decision on Michonne earlier was have him present it to Merle earlier.

I mean he would know best what the Governor would do after gettin' Michonne back right?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Pretty decent episode.
Like others have already mentioned I really dont like how idiotic and indecisive they are making Rick look. The flip flopping, hallucinating, and second guessing himself just makes him come off as a weak leader. I really wish they would've had tyrese more involved with the prison he could've helped Rick out dealing with some of this shyt. Herschel is useless and as much as I like Daryl he just isn't a decision maker and more of a soldier.
And Glenn....man I'm so sick of this whiny fukk still crying and holding a grudge b/c da govna saw his chicks t*ts. Get over it clown and be a man. You still fukking her and she still loves you so move on. It's time to put your war face on fakkit.
Everything else was pretty straight but AMC is really being cheap by putting in all this filler and I understand they want to slow it up and not run through so much source material (what little of it they shredded up with this horrible writing) but at least make the filler good. They finally develop characters and then kill them off in the same episode which is pointless. I mean you can just tell when some is about to killed. Now watch the finale is where you see all the money being spent where it'll be all kinds of deaths and action go down. Real talk I'm not nearly as hyped for this finale as I should be.

You nailed every single thing wrong with the series in one post. Respect.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Rick's flip flopping can be reasoned due to the fact that he's insane. Do the pocket knife. Do the pocket knife. My mommy says I'm three and a half... We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. RUFF RUFF RUFF

:why:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Here's another reason why the writing is lazy. They arbitrarily change how far Woodberry is from the Prison. One episode it takes days on foot to get there, the next episode it takes hours in a truck. Last episode, Merle and Michonne left early afternoon were walking AND driving and they made it waaayyyy before dark. When Andrea was being chased by the Governor, she was walking/running both day AND night...but when she made the same hike a couple episodes earlier TOWING A FREAKING ZOMBIE WITH HER it took just a few hours! :stopitslime:

This might seem like nitpicking but its just stuff like that stands out when the characters are just as inconsistent as the distance between the two major locations of the season (Rick's Behavior, Andrea's Behavior, Tyrese's behavior, etc). True, on the show "24" every place Jack needed to go was conveniently 15 minutes away, but at least the characters, drama and twists were better written, even in their filler episodes. Maybe TWD writers need to change the opening credits to a map like in Game Of Thrones.

Creator of scifi/action series OSIRIS. OsirisTheSeries.com Get Some.

vdhp.gif