Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lol @ all the nikkas on some "RIP to my boy Merle" and "Damn I hate it had to be him shyt"

Dude was a good character but damn LOL. Dude was a dirt bag racist who was about to turn the only good black character the show has produced so far over to the Governor.

fukk em' :pacspit:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There's no logical reason why Rick should negotiate with the Governor.

The fact that he's outnumbered by a dude with better weaponry and resources isn't a compelling reason to even consider negotiating? :dahell: Yeah, the Guv did fukked up shyt to them...hence why they're at war in the first place. That doesn't preclude the possibility of negotiating.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The fact that he's outnumbered by a dude with better weaponry and resources isn't a compelling reason to even consider negotiating? :dahell: Yeah, the Guv did fukked up shyt to them...hence why they're at war in the first place. That doesn't preclude the possibility of negotiating.

Not when they had Rick say that he didn't believe the Governor would honor the deal then follow it up 2 seconds later with him changing his mind and going all in.
His wanting to go through with trading Michonne was an unnecessary plot contrivance that served no purpose except to make Rick look like a dikk and create group tension where it wasn't needed. We just spent an entire season wondering wehn Michonne would become an accepted part of the crew and now that is all shot in the ass for no good reason.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Carné Asada;3680710 said:
What would you do if you were in Rick's shoes? Take a chance and give up Michone, especially after Merle told you what he would do to her or stay and fight?

Not to be a dikk but this website is full of followers. Ain't too many Rick types 'round here willing to take the inevitable L's necessary to be a leader :russ:

There'd be a WHOLE lot of T Dogs and Carols if this shyt ever happened in real life. Very few Ricks.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
This is a much easier decision than the Randall dilemma. There's no logical reason why Rick should negotiate with the Governor. He tried to kill Glenn, almost raped Maggie, tried to get Daryl and Merle to kill one another, attacked the prison and let loose a bunch of walkers to surround the complex.

Rick flip-flopping and looking stupid is just a dumb plot device to get Merle and Michonne out of the prison, that's all. The writers have done this time and time again, sacrificing character to get from point A to point B in the story. It's lazy.

Rick's flip flopping can be reasoned due to the fact that he's insane. Do the pocket knife. Do the pocket knife. My mommy says I'm three and a half... We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. RUFF RUFF RUFF

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This episode was :yeshrug:

People are really easy to please with this show. All that Rick/Glen stuff was filler. Probably due to budget and showrunner issues. Problem is there was no conflict or tension in those scenes. They were like deleted scenes you'd watch on a DVD.

However, even with its missteps, its still better than a lot of crap currently airing. It's entertaining but the show is getting kinda repetitive and predictable. Besides a character suddenly dying or a character becoming a zombie, what other surprises can the writers pull put of their bag? New writers characters and better internal group conflicts may help. Easier said than done though.
vdhp.gif

Breh I peeped the sig and :salute:

It warms the heart and personally inspires me as an aspiring writer to see young brothers out there in the realm of creative entertainment trying to do something different from the stereotypical Tyler Perry bullshyt. We need that desperately.

Very dope and hopefully just the start of things to come. Will check out the series.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How would he not have an suv? Morgan had grenades and .50 cal machine guns, plus sniper rifles and endless food and drink, he had a car to transport himself around and the supplies also. Morgan was crazy but functional, the guy devised all those traps gathered all that guns and ammo by himself, Morgan knows about Woodbury , same as the Gov knew Rick had more guns.

how can you say for sure that Morgan had a car or knew about Woodbury?

for one thing, Morgan is all about "clearing" the zombies. setting them on fire did not 'kill' those zombies, but rather just made them all burnt up and useless

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Not when they had Rick say that he didn't believe the Governor would honor the deal then follow it up 2 seconds later with him changing his mind and going all in.

He changed his mind. What is the big deal exactly? Like I said, dude is outnumbered by a dude with much more resources than him. There's nothing outlandish about him considering a negotiation. We all know the offer was bullshyt. We were also privy to scenes that showed it was bullshyt. Rick wasn't. He's tasked with weighing whether his hunch that the offer is bullshyt is more legit than the possibility of sacrificing one person for the rest of the group. Indecision based on those factors isn't crazy. There's plenty things to dislike about this show, Rick deliberating about something is really a pointless one to worry about. As a fan of the comics, I don't like how they went about developing Michonne's character in general but, just off the show, Michonne hasn't made herself someone easy to accept into the group, regardless

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Rick's flip flopping can be reasoned due to the fact that he's insane. Do the pocket knife. Do the pocket knife. My mommy says I'm three and a half... We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain when we commme. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. We'll be coming around the mountain. RUFF RUFF RUFF

He's regained his sanity over the last couple of episodes so that excuse doesn't work.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He changed his mind. What is the big deal exactly? Like I said, dude is outnumbered by a dude with much more resources than him. There's nothing outlandish about him considering a negotiation. We all know the offer was bullshyt. We were also privy to scenes that showed it was bullshyt. Rick wasn't. He's tasked with weighing whether his hunch that the offer is bullshyt is more legit than the possibility of sacrificing one person for the rest of the group. Indecision based on those factors isn't crazy. There's plenty things to dislike about this show, Rick deliberating about something is really a pointless one to worry about. As a fan of the comics, I don't like how they went about developing Michonne's character in general but, just off the show, Michonne hasn't made herself someone easy to accept into the group, regardless

The big deal is that this moment of indecision was contrived and unnecessary. We could have gotten to the same point in the show in probably less episodes if they would have just skipped this whole thing.
So my issue has more to do with it being bad writing/plotting than whether it was realistic for Rick to act this way.
And Michonne had become a part of the group after her road trip with Rick and Carl but that is all shot in the ass now that she knows she was being offered up to the Governor.
Aint nobody got time for no trust rebuilding...we should be focusing on other shyt.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
This is a much easier decision than the Randall dilemma.

:what:
Randall was trying to kill him, Glenn and Hershel. Then Rick decides to save his life which led to conflict within the group cuz nobody but Shane and Carl wanted to kill him. It would have been much easier just to leave dude on the fence or put a bullet in him. Easiest decision ever made.

But like you said, the writers love to use characters sacrifice/death to move the story from point A to B.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
how can you say for sure that Morgan had a car or knew about Woodbury?

for one thing, Morgan is all about "clearing" the zombies. setting them on fire did not 'kill' those zombies, but rather just made them all burnt up and useless
I not wrong, i know some of the more intelligent posters picked up that it is Morgan, why would Milton burn the zombies, the only thing he did was delay the attack, it didn't give Andrea a big head start nor did it provide much distraction when she ran, Morgan did it, watch that episode again, Rick told him that he was in trouble, he was out manned and out gunned and needed help, that hit Morgan when we saw Carl and gave him that speech.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:what:
Randall was trying to kill him, Glenn and Hershel. Then Rick decides to save his life which led to conflict within the group cuz nobody but Shane and Carl wanted to kill him. It would have been much easier just to leave dude on the fence.

But like you said, the writers love to use characters sacrifice/death to move the story from point A to B.

Randall tried to kill them thinking they were a threat. He wasn't inherently evil like the Governor. It's completely different.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I not wrong, i know some of the more intelligent posters picked up that it is Morgan, why would Milton burn the zombies, the only thing he did was delay the attack, it didn't give Andrea a big head start nor did it provide much distraction when she ran, Morgan did it, watch that episode again, Rick told him that he was in trouble, he was out manned and out gunned and needed help, that hit Morgan when we saw Carl and gave him that speech.

Hopefully it is Morgan

Either way he will show up to help rick's group and most likely die doing so

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The big deal is that this moment of indecision was contrived and unnecessary. We could have gotten to the same point in the show in probably less episodes if they would have just skipped this whole thing.
So my issue has more to do with it being bad writing/plotting than whether it was realistic for Rick to act this way.

Contrived and unnecesary...what's contrived about a dude being given a choice and deliberating about it? They showed the Guv offering Rick the deal so how is it unnecessary to show Rick thinking about it and seeing what comes of it? The Governor wanting Michonne was foreshadowed since the first half of the season. I don't see why they should have skipped over this whole little arc considering that.