Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ignorance is bliss :yeshrug:

i was the same way during season 1 and half of season 2. use to make fun of the comic readers because they were always pissy over the show. then i fukked up and read the comics during the break. only to realize the readers had a legitimate gripe about the show.

but comics aside, they're still doing a poor job of putting everything together. glen mazzara said he like didn't flash backs and it shows. last nites flash back was completely pointless and added nothing to the story. they also have trouble writing for minority and women characters. it's funny because the book has 4-5 strong black characters and i don't think we'll get any of that translated on the show.
See this is valid criticism . I do think the comics would of brought up similar problems ( Shane dying early , characterization for Glenn , Maggie, Hershel and some other peripheral characters , the governor might come off corny or too comic booky with his evil Behaviors .) I think the idea of a world of zombies works better in movies then as a episodic show
I thought about it

overall I thought this episode was corny, and overall a wash. one person trying to get away from one person, and their paths cross like 4 times. and in the mean time, every stupid horror movie cliche. there were I don't know how many zombies in that building, but of course they all come out at a convenient time, and not when gov was breaking glass, or being quiet and listening. then of course he pops up again the moment we think she's home-free. shyt reminded me of this:

He's Still There SCENE - Friday the 13th MOVIE (1980) - HD - YouTube

The walkers were on the stairs Andrea let them out , they probably tried to follow someone upstairs and then got trapped .

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The walkers were on the stairs Andrea let them out , they probably tried to follow someone upstairs and then got trapped .

I understand there could be an explanation. but ultimately it's just a contrived plot device. it wasn't just that group of zombies, but every zombie in that building popped up at a convenient point. and when it wasn't convenient, there was dead silence where he could hear Andrea's every move. the gov breaking glass, whistling, and making all types of noise, but the zombies don't 'wake up' and make a sound until Andrea goes around a corner

not to mention the zombies that came out of nowhere in the woods prior to that

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

But if I see a guy hoarding zombies and he's telling me that they're "scare" tactics, I'm just gonna hit him with the...

:childplease: and get the fukk out of there...

Where you going bruh? You just spent who knows how long traversing the woods, scavenging for food, and having to fight zombies every step of the way. The one safe spot you thought you found had a lunatic who was going to shoot you because he is seeing ghosts. You just gonna go back out into the woods with no food, water, shelter, no guns, etc.....?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the idea of a world of zombies works better in movies then as a episodic show

gotta disagree with ya. zombie movies are only what, maybe 2 hours? doesn't give viewers enough time to tell a fulfilling story. i'm glad they took a risk on TWD, it's the first time we're seeing the zombie apocalypse being explored in depth. TWD could pull smallville numbers if done correctly. there doesn't have to be a definitive end to the show.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where you going bruh? You just spent who knows how long traversing the woods, scavenging for food, and having to fight zombies every step of the way. The one safe spot you thought you found had a lunatic who was going to shoot you because he is seeing ghosts. You just gonna go back out into the woods with no food, water, shelter, no guns, etc.....?

I don't know breh, wherever Tyreese was going to go when he saw that bullshyt and said he was leaving.

:manny:

Honestly, I think the only reason he stayed was to please that white dude and his boy (well hopefully)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much . At this point in the apocalypse you'd be willing to let more shyt go than in normal times .
I understand there could be an explanation. but ultimately it's just a contrived plot device. it wasn't just that group of zombies, but every zombie in that building popped up at a convenient point. and when it wasn't convenient, there was dead silence where he could hear Andrea's every move. the gov breaking glass, whistling, and making all types of noise, but the zombies don't 'wake up' and make a sound until Andrea goes around a corner

not to mention the zombies that came out of nowhere in the woods prior to that
The ninja zombies are a plot device and lazy writing I agree . But Andrea was being reasonably quiet so I can see how the walkers didn't all go crazy for her the governor was louder and he drew the zombies out .

I criticize all of the shows I watch breh, but even with those gripes, the quality of those are better than TWD IMO.

I guess I feel like TWD could be a lot better than what it has been through 3 seasons. And I do like Luther more than this show also, but I didn't count it because it's been off for a while (yeah I know a knew season is coming up)

Well to each their own . This isn't my favorite show but as of now its in my top 4 or five.
I might be lumping you into the people that complain about the amount of bullets a gun holds, Why aren't they setting traps and foraging every episode , how any episode without a zombie horde or any attempts at characterization is slow and boring and hate any change from the comic . Those people :aicmon::usure: some of the stuff they complain about is as if they never watched tv before .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gotta disagree with ya. zombie movies are only what, maybe 2 hours? doesn't give viewers enough time to tell a fulfilling story. i'm glad they took a risk on TWD, it's the first time we're seeing the zombie apocalypse being explored in depth. TWD could pull smallville numbers if done correctly. there doesn't have to be a definitive end to the show.
I may have phrased that wrong I like that they took the risk and I'm glad it's a success but alot of the complaints people have are avoided by a movies short time frame . People were complaining about them being head shot experts , why aren't they hunting , why are they discussing staying on the farm So much last season ,why are they attempting to have debates on if zombies can be cured and shyt. All things people usually never worry about in zombie movies

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

I don't know breh, wherever Tyreese was going to go when he saw that bullshyt and said he was leaving.

Honestly, I think the only reason he stayed was to please that white dude and his boy (well hopefully)

He's definitly skeptical of the governor.

I actually think the reason he made it a point to say he wanted to stay was because if he threw a fit and said he wanted out he felt like he'd be putting a target on his back and they'd go after him just like they did Andrea. He'd probably rather be better off dipping out quietly hoping no one will notice.

Can't believe no one else thinks that

Hammer

Banned
Daps
couple of questions....

why was the point of the beginning of last nights episode with michonne and andrea in the wood?

why hasn't tyrese told anyone at woodbury that he was at the prison?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The ninja zombies are a plot device and lazy writing I agree . But Andrea was being reasonably quiet so I can see how the walkers didn't all go crazy for her the governor was louder and he drew the zombies out .

well my point was that after the gov made all that noise (breaking the glass and whistling, not later), there should have been ambient zombie noises coming from every direction

I don't mean to nit-pick so much, but I thought this episode was just a little too much. dude was on her tail like he had LoJack. it was more of a homage to 80's horror films, than something that moved the plot along in this show

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I may have phrased that wrong I like that they took the risk and I'm glad it's a success but alot of the complaints people have are avoided by a movies short time frame . People were complaining about them being head shot experts , why aren't they hunting , why are they discussing staying on the farm So much last season ,why are they attempting to have debates on if zombies can be cured and shyt. All things people usually never worry about in zombie movies

good pt. keeping it short does cut a lot of the nitpicking out. but i do have a problem with the lack of survival scenes. i'd like them to explore that more after the prison.