Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Pretty much :beli: I said this awhile ago .i don't have a complaint with his portrayal though since if he played it too insane then you couldn't believe tyrese and Milton would stay .
The walking dead comic as a whole is kind of problematic , the arcs dont end like other comics like beat the governor and everyone resets till the next arc like other superhero comics . They are stuck In this post apocalyptic world so all the shyt just builds and builds on each other. The comic though is filled with coincidences and random encounters that if we're written into a tv show would have everyone :beli: the way everyone meets up after the prison would have people :wtf: and for a show where people argue distance and shyt the comic does the same thing. Rick fukks up alot as the leader in the comics , the everyone's dead fiasco , serial killer In the prison , captured loses a hand , loses leadership , lets what happen to tyrese happen , most of ricks team stays soft . The fact that they run into zombie killing bad asses several time Abraham , tyrese , michonne :why: all this stuff would look silly if done exactly like the comics.

:beli: nicca he saw Rick put a gun in his face to get him out the prison.:youngsabo: besides that tyrese hasn't seen anything to fear the gov ( walker fighting and the such) ,he didn't kick them out for fighting and they know apparently that Rick is crazy . The governors logic was sound scare away Rick and his people as opposed it going to war especiaLLY In a world where zombies are scarier than guns.

I was fine with Morrisey's portrayal of the Governor until after Michonne killed Penny and stabbe dhim in the eye. After that he should be devolving more than he has. This goes into my issue with Tyreese too. By this point the Governor should be having a very difficult time maininting his public face and Tyreese should have sniffed out that this guy is batshyt crazy by now. The Tyreese character is being held in a holding pattern of no real growth because the hsow is doing this insanely slow build to get him back into Rick's camp.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
People complain when they move too fast, people complain when they move too slow. People complain when they follow the comic, people complain when they deviate from the comic.

I'm so glad I'm reading the comic after watching the show. Lets me enjoy the show for what it is instead of always comparing it to the comic and complaining.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was fine with Morrisey's portrayal of the Governor until after Michonne killed Penny and stabbe dhim in the eye. After that he should be devolving more than he has. This goes into my issue with Tyreese too. By this point the Governor should be having a very difficult time maininting his public face and Tyreese should have sniffed out that this guy is batshyt crazy by now. The Tyreese character is being held in a holding pattern of no real growth because the hsow is doing this insanely slow build to get him back into Rick's camp.
I get what your saying and it's a valid criticism but on the other hand to people that didn't read the comics they wouldn't have those complaints . Tyrese is in a different situation than in the comics and so is Rick. The governor is more reptilian than in the comics and he has a different personality. Tyrese has to be brought along slower since they already have Darryl the fan favorite and resident badass that doesn't use a gun. It's a balancing act :manny: now next season we get to focus on tyrese

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People complain when they move too fast, people complain when they move too slow. People complain when they follow the comic, people complain when they deviate from the comic.

I'm so glad I'm reading the comic after watching the show. Lets me enjoy the show for what it is instead of always comparing it to the comic and complaining.

You don't have to follow the comic to find the show's writing to be sub-par.

I never read 1 of the comics and I feel like the show fallen off since the first season. It's hard not to see the flaws in the logic of this show by just watching it from week to week.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Having never read the comics do you have a problem with the gov and tyreses character development? I love how people complained about michonne randomly getting suspicious of the gov yet now they want him to jump to conclusions.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bad writing and poor character development has nothing to do with the comics. alot of the shyt going on is just poor quality. after listening to a few interviews and podcast, i think a large part of the problem is editing. they dump out a lot of scenes we never see to keep the show under 45 minutes.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get what your saying and it's a valid criticism but on the other hand to people that didn't read the comics they wouldn't have those complaints . Tyrese is in a different situation than in the comics and so is Rick. The governor is more reptilian than in the comics and he has a different personality. Tyrese has to be brought along slower since they already have Darryl the fan favorite and resident badass that doesn't use a gun. It's a balancing act :manny: now next season we get to focus on tyrese

:what:

How do you figure?

Like I said, I don't have to read the comics to see who they've neutered the black men on this show. The latest episode just further went along with what's been happening in this series since it's inception.

I already detailed why the stuff that happened in this episode made Tyreese look like a bytch. And I didn't have to read the comics to come to this conclusion.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
bad writing and poor character development has nothing to do with the comics. alot of the shyt going on is just poor quality. after listening to a few interviews and podcast, i think a large part of the problem is editing. they dump out a lot of scenes we never see to keep the show under 45 minutes.

I'm not sure why people put this show on such a pedestal. Some one gives fair criticism and it's tabbed as hating/complaining.

I watch it because it's entertaining, but I'm not going to sit here and say it's elite status when compared to the other shows that I've seen or currently running.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

How do you figure?

Like I said, I don't have to read the comics to see who they've neutered the black men on this show. The latest episode just further went along with what's been happening in this series since it's inception.

I already detailed why the stuff that happened in this episode made Tyreese look like a bytch. And I didn't have to read the comics to come to this conclusion.

He looks like a bytch because he doesn't want to be back out in the woods? If you were in his shoes you wouldn't want to be in a safe place?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Also, does anybody think that the Governor got bitten in this episode?

I thought about it

overall I thought this episode was corny, and overall a wash. one person trying to get away from one person, and their paths cross like 4 times. and in the mean time, every stupid horror movie cliche. there were I don't know how many zombies in that building, but of course they all come out at a convenient time, and not when gov was breaking glass, or being quiet and listening. then of course he pops up again the moment we think she's home-free. shyt reminded me of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How do you figure?

ignorance is bliss :yeshrug:

i was the same way during season 1 and half of season 2. use to make fun of the comic readers because they were always pissy over the show. then i fukked up and read the comics during the break. only to realize the readers had a legitimate gripe about the show.

but comics aside, they're still doing a poor job of putting everything together. glen mazzara said he like didn't flash backs and it shows. last nites flash back was completely pointless and added nothing to the story. they also have trouble writing for minority and women characters. it's funny because the book has 4-5 strong black characters and i don't think we'll get any of that translated on the show.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He looks like a bytch because he doesn't want to be back out in the woods? If you were in his shoes you wouldn't want to be in a safe place?

No, he looks like a bytch because he flip-flopped on dude about his wife out of nowhere.

He then goes on and says they've been living alone long enough and they won't have any problem doing so again.

Then he buys that bullshyt story about why the Governor's harvesting biters (just the the fact that he's not killing them on site is enough for the "weirdo" alert to go off) as a scare tactic.

And on top of that, if he was a real nikka, he wouldn't have just said we wanted to stay for that white dude and his son... if he wanted to leave he should have left and let the others stay. (since he said he was going to remember?)

Basically he said he's down to stay because of that white dude who he just shytted on for not being able to save his own wife.

Just look back at how Shane, and Glenn reacted when they found out what was in the barn? I find it funny how anyone can give Tyreese a pass for just looking the other way about that when clearly that shyt just isn't right nor does it make sense to keep biters around like that.