Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The episode was cool, and I was feeling the music composition during the Governor/Andrea search scenes, but I'm wondering, how Andrea didn't make it to the prison quicker? I remember her getting there quicker than that in a previous episode.

Also, I didn't read the comics, but I wasn't feeling what they did with Tyreese in this episode at all. The scene where he's talking to the white dude about his wife and his son is there came off as him trying to keep things in perspective. He was mad because his wife started looking at him as a hero... he says, "I could have done it" referring to saving her, Tyreese says, "I know you could have"... then fast forward to the zombie pit scene and Tyreese uses the same statement to shyt on dude?...

"Yeah, just like you saved Donna?"

I'm sorry, but isn't that shyt out of place considering what he just said a few minutes ago in the same episode?

Then for him to fall in line with the Governor's story when he came back was just :snoop: status to me. Straight bytch made.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also, does anybody think that the Governor got bitten in this episode?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yea its crazy how dudes hyped Tyrese and Michone the past couple years only for both to end up as wack useless characters on the show

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this

it seems like ever since the barn , the drag on these dam story lines, they were moving (literally) at such a fast pace when the showed started now its like they get bogged down everywhere , first it was the farm, then it was the barn and now its this dam prison
:comeon: everyone wants to complain . It's a tv show with limited episodes they have to move a certain base
The episode was cool, and I was feeling the music composition during the Governor/Andrea search scenes, but I'm wondering, how Andrea didn't make it to the prison quicker? I remember her getting there quicker than that in a previous episode.

Also, I didn't read the comics, but I wasn't feeling what they did with Tyreese in this episode at all. The scene where he's talking to the white dude about his wife and his son is there came off as him trying to keep things in perspective. He was mad because his wife started looking at him as a hero... he says, "I could have done it" referring to saving her, Tyreese says, "I know you could have"... then fast forward to the zombie pit scene and Tyreese uses the same statement to shyt on dude?...

"Yeah, just like you saved Donna?"

I'm sorry, but isn't that shyt out of place considering what he just said a few minutes ago in the same episode?

Then for him to fall in line with the Governor's story when he came back was just :snoop: status to me. Straight bytch made.
:comeon: he hasn't seen anything shady except for Andreas' story and she didn't elaborate. You want him to be like michonne ? Who everyone complained about for being randomly suspicious . The governor gave a convincing story .

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea this shyt came off like a cheesy horror movie.

The worst thing about all of this is that this episode actually had shyt happening. They at least tried to advance the story and create some tension (though they failed miserably at the tension part). LOL at the Governor character yet again. This cocksucker is supposed to be menacing because he whistles? WTF kind of lazy ass trash writing is that? The show had hit such a low ass standard with these last 5 weeks that I'm inclined to say this episode was actually an upgrade into "bad" territory instead of "godawful" or "Is this really The Walking Dead?" level. Again, fukk Woodbury, fukk this bytch ass version of the governor, fukk ANDREA, and fukk this show.

Last night was terrible. Like someone else said, the Governor is just not menacing whatsoever. They ruined his character trying to humanize him. They should have made him an over the top villain from the start like they tried to do this last episode, but it's much to late for that now. Omar was probably cringing at his whistling scenes. This show is headed for Heroes territory.
pretty much.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
i love how people watch every week to complain how bad the show is...but then come back the following week to say the same thing

we get it...it doesnt fit ur needs...stick to reading the comic book and using ur imagination to describe how the characters should be

real nikkas tryna :eat: out here u bookworm ass nikkas

:smugbiden:

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
Do we have any Martinez fans in here? That boy got some arms on him whoooo whoo, if i was a girl I am almost certain he would get my juices going.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: everyone wants to complain . It's a tv show with limited episodes they have to move a certain base

:comeon: he hasn't seen anything shady except for Andreas' story and she didn't elaborate. You want him to be like michonne ? Who everyone complained about for being randomly suspicious . The governor gave a convincing story .

:usure:

"A biter in the face is much more intimidating than a gun don't you think?"

:what:

That wasn't convincing at all. It was bullshyt, and dude just ate it up like he saw the light or some shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am thinking that the problemwith the Governor isn't so much with how the writers decided to make The Governor a more multi-layered character in the TV show instead of the overtly despicable guy he was in the comic but more with how David Morrissey is playing him. he is being way too nuanced with his portrayal even in the recent episodes where The Governor's insanity is supposed to be coming out for the world to see.
I imagine that in the hands of an actor like Walton Goggins (THE SHIELD, JUSTIFIED) or John Hawkes (DEADWOOD) that we would have gotten just as much layering to the character but more of the malicious side too.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I imagine that in the hands of an actor like Walton Goggins (THE SHIELD, JUSTIFIED) or John Hawkes (DEADWOOD) that we would have gotten just as much layering to the character but more of the malicious side too.

Hilarious that you would mention Deadwood, I thought from the get-go (once I learned about The Gov) that Ian McShane (Al Swearingen) would have played the HELL outta that role...

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/ian.jpg?1308674500

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Coonsequence

Victor Cruz
Daps
Show ain't been the same since my n*gga Shane got bodied by Rick b. That blonde hair chick Andrea got to go tho.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am thinking that the problemwith the Governor isn't so much with how the writers decided to make The Governor a more multi-layered character in the TV show instead of the overtly despicable guy he was in the comic but more with how David Morrissey is playing him. he is being way too nuanced with his portrayal even in the recent episodes where The Governor's insanity is supposed to be coming out for the world to see.
Pretty much :beli: I said this awhile ago .i don't have a complaint with his portrayal though since if he played it too insane then you couldn't believe tyrese and Milton would stay .
The walking dead comic as a whole is kind of problematic , the arcs dont end like other comics like beat the governor and everyone resets till the next arc like other superhero comics . They are stuck In this post apocalyptic world so all the shyt just builds and builds on each other. The comic though is filled with coincidences and random encounters that if we're written into a tv show would have everyone :beli: the way everyone meets up after the prison would have people :wtf: and for a show where people argue distance and shyt the comic does the same thing. Rick fukks up alot as the leader in the comics , the everyone's dead fiasco , serial killer In the prison , captured loses a hand , loses leadership , lets what happen to tyrese happen , most of ricks team stays soft . The fact that they run into zombie killing bad asses several time Abraham , tyrese , michonne :why: all this stuff would look silly if done exactly like the comics.

:usure:

"A biter in the face is much more intimidating than a gun don't you think?"

:what:

That wasn't convincing at all. It was bullshyt, and dude just ate it up like he saw the light or some shyt.

:beli: nicca he saw Rick put a gun in his face to get him out the prison.:youngsabo: besides that tyrese hasn't seen anything to fear the gov ( walker fighting and the such) ,he didn't kick them out for fighting and they know apparently that Rick is crazy . The governors logic was sound scare away Rick and his people as opposed it going to war especiaLLY In a world where zombies are scarier than guns.