Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might have been my least favorite episode of the series to date. It just dragged. You knew they weren't going to solve anything. You also knew nothing exciting was going to happen. It was tedium rather than suspense.

It was great watching Andrea shut down by both the Gov and Rick, and her slowly coming to the realization that no one is listening to her. Hard on anyone's ego

Did anyone else find it odd that Hershel was the one driving the car to the meeting? Especially since his right leg is the one that was chopped off. He must have some mad left footed driving skills.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This might have been my least favorite episode of the series to date. It just dragged. You knew they weren't going to solve anything. You also knew nothing exciting was going to happen. It was tedium rather than suspense.

It was great watching Andrea shut down by both the Gov and Rick, and her slowly coming to the realization that no one is listening to her. Hard on anyone's ego

Did anyone else find it odd that Hershel was the one driving the car to the meeting? Especially since his right leg is the one that was chopped off. He must have some mad left footed driving skills.

:heh:

The stuff they do on this show can just be dumb point blank. But hey, don't sweat the small stuff.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in mind I enjoy the show. I'm not complaining.

I thought this had way more potential. Not a great episode. there were good things, but so inconsistent, just like the show.

- When Merle and Glenn got into the fight I felt like it was supposed to be a big moment when Hershel's daughter fired into the air, but the whole scene felt flat, with no tension or weight.

- The interaction between the doctor and Hershel was cool.

- The Darryl and Governor's enforcer interactions were decent, but it felt like it was just "It's a shame we can't be friends. We'd all make a good team if not for this war."

- fukk Andrea. That's all.

- Man...I really thought Rick saw past the Governor's bullshyt. That whole we're going to war speech had me happy that Rick saw it was all a ruse. Then he confides to Hershell that "he offered us a way out"....WHAT?! Really? C'mon Rick! That killed the ending for me.

To me, when I read that scene ...I think Rick had already decided not to give up Michonne which is why he went in and told them that it was war. He also does not tell the others about the choice he was given because he did not want to make it hard on them. But he later confided to Hershel what the real deal was so he could get an assurance that he did the right thing. But he was also hoping that Hershel would talk him out of it because he was worried for Carl and Judith if there was a war.

But yeah, Rick had already decided not to give up Michonne.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To me, when I read that scene ...I think Rick had already decided not to give up Michonne which is why he went in and told them that it was war. He also does not tell the others about the choice he was given because he did not want to make it hard on them. But he later confided to Hershel what the real deal was so he could get an assurance that he did the right thing. But he was also hoping that Hershel would talk him out of it because he was worried for Carl and Judith if there was a war.

But yeah, Rick had already decided not to give up Michonne.

did you actually watch the scene? he decided he is going to give her up. that's why he gave the war speech. scare them, then offer the solution of giving michonne up to save the group. its not like rick is close to michonne.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did you actually watch the scene? he decided he is going to give her up. that's why he gave the war speech. scare them, then offer the solution of giving michonne up to save the group. its not like rick is close to michonne.

My interpretation of Rick's "talk me out of it" speech was that he wanted to be talked out of war, not that he wanted to give Michonne up.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Saw last nights ep and I can't help but feel that Rick should have blown the governor's head off at the meet and negotiated with his henchmen instead. They probably would have agreed to the idea of splitting territory and leaving each other alone.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Keep in mind I enjoy the show. I'm not complaining.

I thought this had way more potential. Not a great episode. there were good things, but so inconsistent, just like the show.

- When Merle and Glenn got into the fight I felt like it was supposed to be a big moment when Hershel's daughter fired into the air, but the whole scene felt flat, with no tension or weight.

- The interaction between the doctor and Hershel was cool.

- The Darryl and Governor's enforcer interactions were decent, but it felt like it was just "It's a shame we can't be friends. We'd all make a good team if not for this war."

- fukk Andrea. That's all.

- Man...I really thought Rick saw past the Governor's bullshyt. That whole we're going to war speech had me happy that Rick saw it was all a ruse. Then he confides to Hershell that "he offered us a way out"....WHAT?! Really? C'mon Rick! That killed the ending for me.

Rick knows morally he can't give up Michonne or anybody from his group

But he also realizes giving up Michonne if governor keeps his word would result in only one death where if they go to war, everybody is at risk and many more people will die

That's why he's naturally conflicted

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Saw last nights ep and I can't help but feel that Rick should have blown the governor's head off at the meet and negotiated with his henchmen instead. They probably would have agreed to the idea of splitting territory and leaving each other alone.

Merle was absolutely right

All you gotta do is kill the governor and everybody would fall in line

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Merle was absolutely right

All you gotta do is kill the governor and everybody would fall in line

I agreed with Merle but I understand Rick more

I think the reason Rick didn't kill the Gov outright is twofold:

1) When he realized the Governor had gotten there before him, he couldn't be sure if he was alone or if there were others hiding in the barn waiting to take him out.

2) He wanted to at least try to solve things peacefully.