Official The Tomorrow War Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I seriously believe there were reshoots or something because there major tone change whiplashes here. I believe the very beginning and the very end were done at the same time.

Im mean they made such a big deal about this secret weapon the entire movie but opt to blow shyt up. Then the government suddenly doesnt care about the alien invasion because money, what? So they ask a 10th grader for help:gucci: Aint one of yall nikkas a director of the "Amazon" of R&D and the other a Scientist with private military contacts? nikkas really was standing in an R&D lab, with geological scientists, and really said "lets go to high school, i know a kid thay may know the answer :smugbiden:"

:mindblown:Then the kid builds them a projection of something that happened 2000 years ago, on the spot:rudy:
It's a future classic though breh :troll:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously believe there were reshoots or something because there major tone change whiplashes here. I believe the very beginning and the very end were done at the same time.

Im mean they made such a big deal about this secret weapon the entire movie but opt to blow shyt up. Then the government suddenly doesnt care about the alien invasion because money, what? So they ask a 10th grader for help:gucci: Aint one of yall nikkas a director of the "Amazon" of R&D and the other a Scientist with private military contacts? nikkas really was standing in an R&D lab, with geological scientists, and really said "lets go to high school, i know a kid thay may know the answer :smugbiden:"

:mindblown:Then the kid builds them a projection of something that happened 2000 years ago, on the spot:rudy:

Ok I had time to think on it
:russ:

The third act is some bullshyt

BrooklynShow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Crown Heights Brooklyn
Protagonist daughter creates the toxin. Protagonist wife figures out in 2 minutes that the aliens were already here. Protagonist student figures out where the aliens are exactly. Protagonist's father get them there undetected & the Protagonist saves the day by kicking the monster off a cliff.

We can travel between 2 time periods but we don't research the toxin in the past.

There's a toxin that already works great at killing the males but we don't reproduce more of it, Instead, we send people with ineffective bullets.
We don't bother training anyone.

They want the audience to believe that the government wouldn't send an army to Russia to kill the hibernating aliens because people are rioting, looting and NATO has disbanded.
Let's believe the government wouldn't simply inform Russia, like hey check out this spot, we believe the aliens are here.

There's so much more.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I'm glad I watched this before the film nerds all over the internet got a hold of it. It's a fun movie and brings about some interesting concepts, I was just surprised that their wasn't a twist. I was fully expecting a matrix type reveal cause sending people 30 years in the future instead of sending knowledge back to the past to prevent this from ever happening didn't make much sense, I though there was a deeper plot. But it was decent as a free to stream movie, I give it 7/10

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Protagonist daughter creates the toxin. Protagonist wife figures out in 2 minutes that the aliens were already here. Protagonist student figures out where the aliens are exactly. Protagonist's father get them there undetected & the Protagonist saves the day by kicking the monster off a cliff.

We can travel between 2 time periods but we don't research the toxin in the past.

There's a toxin that already works great at killing the males but we don't reproduce more of it, Instead, we send people with ineffective bullets.
We don't bother training anyone.

They want the audience to believe that the government wouldn't send an army to Russia to kill the hibernating aliens because people are rioting, looting and NATO has disbanded.
Let's believe the government wouldn't simply inform Russia, like hey check out this spot, we believe the aliens are here.

There's so much more.

I really didn't get that part why not do the research in the past where it is safe
:russ:

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
Did you miss the part where the entire lab team got killed in the first part of the movie? or the fact that humanity is down to like 500,000 people? or when she said she wears a lot of hats because....ect ect. they explain everything you are complaining about during the movie and even double down on the facts multiple times I actually thought it was kind of excessive they way they kept breaking it down in different scenes but I guess not :mjlol:
Bruh the FIRST fukkin thing they should have done after going back in time was tell them an alien attack occurs on this date at this place, oh and also can you start mass producing this toxin just in case.

edit: also did they mention how they got the jump link? I think I’m too high and missed it.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
Did you miss the part where the entire lab team got killed in the first part of the movie? or the fact that humanity is down to like 500,000 people? or when she said she wears a lot of hats because....ect ect. they explain everything you are complaining about during the movie and even double down on the facts multiple times I actually thought it was kind of excessive they way they kept breaking it down in different scenes but I guess not :mjlol:

Nobody missed it. Our point is that it is impossible. Viewers can stretch belief upto a point but not more.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I just saw this last night on my new TV, and while it was dumb as hell if you bothered to think about it for more than a few minutes, it was entertaining enough for me for a mindless action film. I will say that it felt completely derivative and cliche, though. Take Starship Troopers, Terminator, Edge of Tomorrow with the Cloverfield monster and you’ve basically got this movie.