Official The Tomorrow War Thread

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Director already wants a sequel if they greenlight it.

After launching this weekend on Amazon Prime,The Tomorrow War director Chris McKay is anxious to return to this action-packed sci-fi world for a sequel, and now reveals that a potential follow-up would explore the origins of the creatures. Should he be given the opportunity, McKay plans to build upon the foundations laid in the first movie, which is available to stream now on Amazon Prime.

"We had such a fun design process. We talked about the world of these creatures, where they came from, how they were created or raised, and how they were maybe being used. I like world-building experiments, especially when you have the potential of some kind of time travel. I think that a sequel could go in a lot of fun areas and the ethnographic study of the whitespikes in their world and where they came from, and what their purpose was, and all of that kind of thing.

They’ll do it. The studio behind the movie is Skydance. Skydance is ran by David Ellison, whose father is Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Bruh has paper on top of paper. But I’m guessing the next one will probably go to theaters.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Director already wants a sequel if they greenlight it.

After launching this weekend on Amazon Prime,The Tomorrow War director Chris McKay is anxious to return to this action-packed sci-fi world for a sequel, and now reveals that a potential follow-up would explore the origins of the creatures. Should he be given the opportunity, McKay plans to build upon the foundations laid in the first movie, which is available to stream now on Amazon Prime.

"We had such a fun design process. We talked about the world of these creatures, where they came from, how they were created or raised, and how they were maybe being used. I like world-building experiments, especially when you have the potential of some kind of time travel. I think that a sequel could go in a lot of fun areas and the ethnographic study of the whitespikes in their world and where they came from, and what their purpose was, and all of that kind of thing.

Dammit no :snoop:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Serves it's purpose as a mindless popcorn on the couch flick

I'm glad they explained the paradox in the film, because that was the first thing i questioned when i heard the premise.

A brigade of :flabbynsick: & others who will be :rip: when the war pops off

Omni-Man showing off his unused Justice League body, he didn't workout for nothing. And of course he knows how to work future tech.

Damn that story about the divorce & death was kinda dark.

Now depending on the cancer, you can survive if treated early. And if you know damn near the timeframe of when you have it.. wouldn't you get tested every couple of months? I think he was an unnecessary sacrifice for the plot

During that talk between Dan & the brother (second in command?), thought he was going to be revealed as the love interest for Muri

Yeah that jump after the daughter was stupid. Did he think by grabbing her, she was going to jump back to the past with him? And that's a strong vial. It didn't even break when he landed on it during re-entry

Volcano kid had me cracking up. Enjoying his newfound clout. 'laptop please'

Really? All that to make a toxin, just to blow up the spaceship. AND was able to do it with whatever C4 they had

And you knew the future crew was going to die somehow. The paradox of them living before their time wouldn't work.

And Dan just so happens to meet (comic relief brother) who is a CEO & scientist. I guess Dan's gonna get that job hookup

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
Dope movie

Most of the issues people seem to have stem from a lack of comprehension skills :francis:

People will enjoy some full retard shyt like John Wick without question but grill a movie like this up and down :rudy:

Humanities only hope was a toxin they were trying to discover and how do they do it? They have 1 person in a lab working on it. No lab techs.. not even a janitor.. 1 chick.. The same girl that is an army colonel and goes out into the field on assault and extraction missions. What universe is this plausible? And her dad comes along to chill in the lab while she works.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Humanities only hope was a toxin they were trying to discover and how do they do it? They have 1 person in a lab working on it. No lab techs.. not even a janitor.. 1 chick.. The same girl that is an army colonel and goes out into the field on assault and extraction missions. What universe is this plausible? And her dad comes along to chill in the lab while she works.

Did you miss the part where the entire lab team got killed in the first part of the movie? or the fact that humanity is down to like 500,000 people? or when she said she wears a lot of hats because....ect ect. they explain everything you are complaining about during the movie and even double down on the facts multiple times I actually thought it was kind of excessive they way they kept breaking it down in different scenes but I guess not :mjlol:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Just started watching

Sam Richardson :mjlol: I need to see this nikka in more shyt, his comedic timing is on point.
I definitely thought he was gonna be a lame and token black guy in this movie. He proved me wrong

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you miss the part where the entire lab team got killed in the first part of the movie? or the fact that humanity is down to like 500,000 people? or when she said she wears a lot of hats because....ect ect. they explain everything you are complaining about during the movie and even double down on the facts multiple times I actually thought it was kind of excessive they way they kept breaking it down in different scenes but I guess not :mjlol:

Why didn't they have a team in the past working on how to find or kill the aliens.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Extinction level event. They know the aliens pop up in Russia in 2048. They couldn’t find a ship or remainders of a comet/asteroid anything that brought them here.

Again, extinction level event, and it takes the protagonist wife to say “maybe they got here before 2048?”

:mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really liked this one. It was predictable as hell but really fun and I loved the design of the aliens.
The only thing this movie really was missing was an extended basic training musical montage.